youtube.com/watch?v=MaDlTw5nG7I
youtube.com/watch?v=sNpuRf_BA60
youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
youtube.com/watch?v=Krb0SRKVQ2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't worry about it, i'll take care of that

ASMRgaze

Any piano based shoegaze?

shoegaze was a fad. that doesn't mean it was bad, its just already been done. the revivalism wasn't bad but its a pretty limited genre. As a guitarist you're naturally going to want some melody at some point.

That's essentially what Ambient is. This genre isn't dead yet either.

>As a guitarist you're naturally going to want some melody at some point.
what are you talking about? shoegaze is heavily melodic. have you heard Loveless?

stargaze

STR GZR

I fucking hate shoegaze, i hate that every"rock" band that gets promoted by the hip people is like shoegaze or dream pop or jangle pop.

Like it would be fucking refreshing if some dork in a fedora crashed into the place with a trumpet playing ska or some shit.

I need some loud and angry energy in this bitch, not some pussy gazing at his shoes.

As for the future of shoegaze it either goes mainstream somehow, yeah, of course its played out to you, the guy who injects japanses vaporwave polka music into your veins.
But it would be a surprise to middle america

Japs always do something cool with shoegaze.

S T A
R G A
Z E R

Idk but most new shoegaze bands bore me. It's all the older acts who put out the best material. The new three Sup Forums-gaze acts have potential though.

you cant even define it properly. It literally means people who just watch their effects and pedals.
There are a lot of bands who do that

>The new three Sup Forums-gaze acts have potential though.

Who?

even shoegaze bands got tired of shoegazing. why do you think it took My Bloody Valentine 22 years to release an album?

there it is lol

I'm asking about piano based shoegaze, not ambient.

I'm trying to fuse house and shoegaze but so far everything I try sounds really bad
Maybe I need to learn guitar or find a guitarist instead of using samples and my piano playing

I wonder how a piano filtered through a dozen effects pedals sounds like

dream pop? that genre's been done to hell and back too.

Someone combine beatals like pop music with shoegaze and take this shit mainstream

youtube.com/watch?v=MaDlTw5nG7I

protip: lead singer be young and incredibly handsome and marketable

I like your point, but at the same time a pussy not giving a shit about anything else and staring at his shoes is still fine, it's just now it's all streamlined and the mindset of shoegaze is all "shoegaze dreampop candy coated goodness" adjective faggy meme bullshit, shoegaze has plenty of potential in a vacuum but it seems like nobody on Earth right now has the capability to utilize it.
Honestly Slowdive's new album was just okay and not super amazing but it's probably the best shoegaze thing in the last decade or so other than pic related (which in itself owes about half of its substance to psych rock)

The fact tat you can't answer this tells me that shoegaze doesn't actually exist as a musical genre.

no fuck off. who the fuck would think this is a good idea? why would you even want it to go mainstream? it will just attract faggots who will hate the genre to be cool.

different user but you might like this album actually
yeah that's marketable right now but that sounds boring as shit and like every other shoegaze thing right now

I like this niche

youtube.com/watch?v=sNpuRf_BA60

don't use digital samples. make sure you're using an actual sampler and hooking it up to a pedalboard and guitar amp and track it from there. don't make shoegaze on a daw it will be shit.

People who make this claim are either idiots or intentionally dense

i've always wanted something like this to exist. when i heard this on Sunflower, i instantly thought "damn this is dream pop like 15 years ahead of it's time".

i want it to go mainstream so it can die because i fucking hate shoegaze and i want indie and underground rock to not be bland shoegaze anymore
we willl have a good 3 to 4 years of the shoegaze years, people dressing like a shoegazer, shoegaze entering mainstream pop culture, shoegaze being waterd down and cloned to death.
Then finally hipster faggots will no longer make this awful genre

Define the musical characteristic of shoegaze music then.

Isn't that what Kevin Shields did on Loveless though?
youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY

why is shoegaze so popular with anime faggots and attention whores?

honestly its the future of rock, take a classic rock band sound + shoegaze.

Like grunge did to metal and punk + classic rock

It's good muzak. Nonintrusive white noise while you're browsing Sup Forums. Also good as film background music, for the same reason. They should play shoegaze in elevators.

So, shoegaze and grunge revivalism? No, thank you.

well indie rock went mainstream and now both mainstream indie and actual indie suck

Heavy emphasis on timbre and sonic space, predominantly guitar driven, vocals typically mixed in a manner that they're more of an instrument than a vehicle for meaning
a lot of traits that are present in noise rock appear but in noise rock the sounds are often less free flowing into each other and more individual chaotic elements occurring at once
lots of similar traits with dream pop too but dream pop tends to be softer and less sonically complex

Yeah, shoegaze has potential to be kind of an agressive, head-filling sound, or make symphonic, grandiose songs, but right now it's mostly shifting towards softness and the whole dreampop thing.

I wouldn't mind more agressive shoegaze in terms of instrumentation - not like blackgaze, more in the vein mixing shoegaze with hardcore.

5/10

Good, now give me the piano version of that.

is it still worth practicing with composing if I can't afford everything you're suggesting atm?

I don't know if it exists I'm with you in wanting to hear it though.

yes, grungegaze, 80's revival is dying anyways, make way for the combining of 90's revival with current indie trend that never ends. Push it into the mainstream till its played out.
Then finally, hipsters will look for some other genre to play that doesnt sound like a fucking vacuum

I want your grandma to know what shoegaze is

>I don't know if it exists
Well, there you have it then: the future of shoegaze -- prepared pianos. (I actually couldn't care less about shoegaze. I listen almost exclusively to classical.)

Math-Gaze

The future of shoegaze is aggressive metal and punk behind the wall of vacuum sound.
Its a new twist on an old sound.
Something familiar but old, in touch with a future that never happened.
Refreshing of the past, but somehow new.
Thats how you bring rock back

youtube.com/watch?v=Krb0SRKVQ2E