ITT: albums that lived up to the hype

pic related

reminder that it's revisionism to say that this album was great or even good. it was a massive letdown that even Marcel BTFO

do you like avalanches in the first place?

agreed
do you know what revisionism means
i've liked this album since it came out, as have many other people
also since when is marcel panning non-tinymixtapes-weird-ambient rare

Garbage, definitely didn't live up to the hype.

Garbage mostly. Some cool production, fucking terrible lyrics.

Garbage specifically made to appeal to the "I want the old Weezer" crowd. They did it in the most uninspired manner, and you idiots ate that shit up.

>Le superior objective taste
I hope you don't act like this in the real world

you must be fun at parties

i like them when they are good (sily) and dislike them when they are bad (wildflower)

>do you know what revisionism means
it's waiting for the flood of negativity to end that came in response to cancer (this album). then when the dust has settled and people have moved on from the letdown, you bring the album up and speak as if it a was a masterpiece that people weren't able to get at the time

marcel's criticism is 100x more valid than any of these threads because he actually says something. he doesn't just circle jerk on "omg the avalanches are so great i'm so glad they're back i always loved this album i don't know why anyone was disappointed". that is worth fucking nothing. he makes specific points about the music which you can either agree or disagree with. he doesn't just give his knee jerk reaction. they managed to go backwards after more than 15 years. you know it and i know it

>even Marcel BTFO

well what do you know, wildflower is amazing after all

I agree with the first two but Weezer was actually good

Oh, did I go and give my opinion about music on a fucking music discussion board? And some nerds got offended by it? Wild!

stop

>marcel
did he die? or was he just sued out the ass by the Caretaker?

yes

no

Albums that lived up to the hype?

>Pic related

You can give your opinion. I can also give you my opinion on the fact that your opinion is shit. See how this works?

>marcel's criticism is 100x more valid than any of these threads
the pic you posted actualy literally says nothing about the music
he literally just said "they didn't try" and "it's a disappointment"
drones like you are ther worst part of this board

unironically agree desu

You didn't do that, you either said that I'm fun at parties or that you hope I don't act this way in real life. Nothing to do with music opinions, just personal attacks because one of my music opinions upset you.

no, personal attacks because your music opinions are shit.

Whaddaya disagree with big fella

go to bed marcel

I'm not the other guys, I'm just saying you're a retard for being offended over people calling you a retard

but OP, this is just nigger music......

i'm not offended by that, it's just obvious that something i criticized really upset them. i didn't go too in-depth with my criticism, but they said literally nothing about music. i was trying to goad them into defending whatever their actual opinion was, so we could have music discussion, on a music discussion board. weird!

attaboy jamiroquai

i have never heard someone called a marcel drone, let alone had myself called it. that's a hilarious concept which i frankly don't even know how to respond to. the mozart of maps is right on about this album, what can i say?

he doesn't even have a bad time anymore you idiot. he gets to go out to concerts as late as he wants all i have to do is send mom a text

that review is still shit. he keeps repeating all the time that "it's a disappointment" and "it's lazy" and keeps comparing it to Since I Left You
there's only two paragraph of him actually talking about the music and most of it is pretty shallow criticism