Your honest thoughts on To Be Kind?

I think it's a 8/10 album,and it's not better than Soundtracks For The Blind,or The Glowing Man.

>Also

Post your favorite track.

>Tousssaint L'Overture

I liked it, I really didn't like the Glowing Man though, that album is like a 4/10, but TBK is like 7.5/10. Soundtracks is a 9.5/10 though

7/10 - One of Swans' weakest records.
>favorite track
Some Things We Do, which I think is only slightly better than Nathalie Neal

I'd say it's more in the 9 range. The Glowing Man was a 6 imo. I can't really get into soundtracks for the blind desu.

Fav track: she loves us

I think it's excellent, front to back. It was an interesting sonic direction for Swans, and was very in-your-face (but in a good way)

Tons of polish and variety that really shows that Swans know how to pull off post-rock.

If it wasn't a Swans record and Fandango didn't dickride it, Sup Forums would be all over this shit.

8.5/10

To Be Kind
Kirsten Supine
Bribg the Sun

forgot my favorite track. Honestly, it's tough because there's a lot of good stuff here.

I'd say it's the opener, Screenshot (call me a pleb if you will), but that groove is really clean and Gira's menacing delivery complements it very well.

I can't really say it's my favorite, because there's a lot of good stuff here. The laughter and bluesy vibe from IJALB. The brass explosion, thumpy bass and s p o o k y chorus in the outro of ALGIMH. The hard riffs of She loves me, the devastating drumming from Thor in Nathalie Neal (not to mention that outro), the gorgeous back-up vocals in KS, I could go on and on.

Even Oxygen, which I didn't care for intially, has grown on me considerably. (I preferred the stripped-down acoustic version, but the production is nothing to sneeze at.)

it's my favourite swans album and 10/10 for me
bring the sun - toussaint l'ouverture is love is life

not as good as The Seer.

I'm with you bro, and you didn't even mention the frankly epic Bring Me the Sun, which is exactly how post rock build ups should be, without sounding like generic "crescendocore".

Second best of post-rock era Swans

Seer>TBK>Soundtracks>My Father>Glowing Man

Pretty good. Bring the Sun / Toussaint L'Overture are my favorite songs (song?). Although every track is pretty good.

The Glowing Man is on par with (if not just slightly better than) TBK.

I have yet to fully make it through Soundtracks as of now.

TBK>Soundtracks>Seer>TGA>TGM>My Father

I think you meant to post
Soundtracks>TGA>Seer>TBK>TGM>My Father

pretentious crap. I'll take some Zeppelin over this any day

I can see how someone would think that. At least you didn't change the last two.

How is it three years later and this board is still talking about this fucking album? Jesus Christ, Sup Forums is literally the Groundhog Day of Sup Forums.

>lol these hipster nu males are PATHETIC
>I ONLY LISTEN TO REAL MUSIK NOT UR SHIT AVANT GARDE CRAP
Zeppelin's a good band (HofH and 4 being their best), but people like you who think that people who use music as an accessory are terrible but then do the same but using Zeppelin to determine their masculinity (ergo making music an accessory) should be gassed

Soundtracks > The Seer > The Glowing Man > The Great Annihilator > MFWGMUAPTTS > To Be Kind

I personally enjoyed it. Would give it an 8.5/10
Favorite track was She Loves Us.

Where's the guy from the other thread who never responded to my essay about TGM

Kek im sorry i was venting

>led zeppelin
>good
my man, good music didn't exist before Swans

Nice trips
Also you are totally correct

>Taking drunken shitpost tier bait
>Crine about muh masculinity
Boy

Love this album, 9/10. She Loves Us is probably my fav on it.
Interestingly it's the only Swans album out of the "Holy Trinity" that I've been able to get into at all

no surprises there, it's every pleb's favorite

it is better than soundtracks, sorry.

bad taste

Hey there dog man

>Like you've never taken bait before
It was a mistake

Great one, but can't beat The Seer for me. Hardly anything can, because The Seer was one of those albums that got me into music and I don't think any other album could ever have similar impact on me as The Seer when I was listening to it for the first time as a teenage shit about to become a real man.

God, Bring the Sun gets me hard every single time. It's so fucking good. Also is my most played Swans song on last.fm

It's probably my least favorite of the three main reunion albums, but its still a solid 8.5/10

what is last.fm? is it the thing that connects to your music player?

9/10 for me. I don't get The Seer, Glowing Man is good tho.
For some reason there are days where something about the music seems really off, though... I really don't know what it is, but suddenly the tracks would start to sound like shitty takes, off beat or something.

I'd much rather listen to Not Here / Not Now
>44 minute the seer / bring the sun / Toussaint L'ouverture
>Coward (worst version, though)
>17 minute To Be Kind
much more interesting