event horizon
in the mouth of madness
the vanishing
the canal
starry eyes
southbound
under the shadow
10 cloverfield lane
i am not a serial killer (not really horror but good)

your favorite?

The conjuring.

thank you user!

IDK, those are all pretty fuckin' good user, i don't like pickin' favs

event horizon is pretty awesome sci-fi/horror mashup in space

>the conjuring

Never been to reddit and what's wrong with the conjuring?

just a shit predictable home box office trash movie

no depth, just 'o shit jump scare'

What's your recommendation then?

VHS 1 and 2. Some of the segments suck, but the good one (the cult in 2) are fucking awesome

of those, the witch, videodrome, eraserhead and the thing are the best.

>eraserhead

Fucking horrible movie. Painful to watch, no character development, like 40 seconds of dialog. It is modern art school nonsense. His movies are either hit or miss and that was a big miss.

VHS were solid, I really enjoyed those.

i think you have to watch Eraserhead in context. Used to be in the same boat as you, but after seeing it a few times, and better understanding cinema of the 70s as i got older helped be to better appreciate it. You kind of have to consider it for it's aesthetic influence as much as anything else, and how in influenced lynch's later work.

thiswas me

Stakeland, it's on netflix
its like a vampire apocalypse

train to busan was good too

It was literally just his freak out dream from before he had kids. You know how you hate people telling you about their fucking dreams? This is the same dumb bullshit except he made it into a fucking movie. It is awful, no context fixes it.

that movie is terrible. There's a reason it went straight to netflix.

Stakeland was quite good, I really enjoyed that. Caught it randomly one day on Syfy.

The Room or Birdemic: Shock and Terror

Fair enough, and to each their own, but i used to feel exactly the same about it until i turned about 30 and started to hit some of those same neurosis and became better acquainted with Lynch's oeuvre

Shitty

I didn't like the witch at all, it was a lot of nothing really. Was only psychological and didn't do it well enough.

I am 34, it didn't get better. I have watched pretty much all his movies, some hit and are great, some are horrid. Art house crap is just mental masturbation for artists, things like Holy Mountain and Eraserhead are fine examples of this.

ha, i liked holy mountain and santa sangre too! My favorite lynch movie is probably Wild at Heart, actually.

Reeker, Shadow, Deadgirl

>people enjoying art is stupid
>if i didn't find value in it then there is no value for anybody to find in it

>hey, want to hear me describe one of my dreams?

FUCK NO

>hey, want to see this movie that i dreamed then made and now you can say it is great and sound deep

SURE!

If anyone offers lights out to watch. Don't. Fucking stupid movie.

I was really disappointed.

>being 34 and this petty

don't procreate

Petty? You seem pretty butthurt that I point out the reality of that shit movie.

Here is a good way to tell if a movie is shit, could it be a book? You couldn't turn Eraserhead into a book if you tried, cause there was no fucking dialog, character development or anything but "uh oh, gonna have a kid, FEAR".

It is the equivalent of just showing a guy freaking out over a snake hissing and rattling at him for 1.5 hours. It isn't complex, no shit you are scared, that is normal. You don't need a dumbass art house film to reflect on that. He made it early on in his career and it is reflected by how poorly it was done by any standard of story telling.

Oh, so you're the guy who analyzes films based on plot and dialog only. It's not like cinematography is a part of the movie at all. Why not just listen to movies on the radio?

you just revealed your virgin9000 powerlevel

Remind me the breathtaking scenes of cinematography again?

Yea, all the greatest lady killers were all about cinematography, you are fucking 12.

kek, can't actually make any valid point using sound reasoning as to why the film is objectively bad so he resorts to the "you are fucking 12"

>and he's 34

this is getting sad at this point

I liked Grave Encounters 1&2

come at me

The most horrifying thing I've ever seen is the movie GUMMO. I didn't know white people could live like niggers

I like how you sidestepped the cinematography. Also how you went to talking about how someone is a virgin, then get mad when they call you 12. It is getting sad, mostly cause you can't back any of your bullshit points.

There's a reason so many great authors tout it as one of their favorite films, user.

If you don't like it, that's fine, but it's not a shit film.

recently saw The Void

pretty good

Care to expound on that reason? I keep seeing a lot of abstract reasons, then when pushed, it goes nowhere. It is almost like an emperor has no clothes situation where you like it cause other people say it is good.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFmwkGsHFE

What is it about?

Way to give your own opinions, really shows you aren't just moving with the herd.

>HERE'S A VID WITH SOMEONE ELSE SAYING WHAT I THINK TOO

Small town
*event happens*
maybe cult
maybe supernatural
fantastic practical effects
Fantastic use of lighting
harkens back to 80's horror
youtube.com/watch?v=W2ot6ogGZNc

way to not watch the video or understand how literary analysis works

i don't agree with everything in it, nor should anybody. but it should get you to think a little harder about visual symbolism in the film

checked

Holy shit, where did you see this? I don't htink I saw this in theatres anywhere. Is it an online thing only?

Also recently saw 'the blackcoat's daughter'
more psychological but some good acting and an unpredictable story.

This is an underrated post

Good taste, Sup Forumsro

Its on iTunes and PSN for sure, may be on-demand as well.
If you like 80's body horror and practical effects you will love it.

i torrented it like 2 days ago user, don't tell him to buy it

I already get the visual symbolism, why is that good though? It isn't complex, the shit he is pointing out is obvious as fuck. Symbolism is usually subtle and flows with the film, this was forced and literally used as the entire story of the film. It no longer is really symbolism at that point, it is just a half assed storytelling method.

There are plenty of movies with better symbolism while still having better cinematography, better stories and better character development. This movie doesn't shine on any front.

Hell, Twin Peaks is a good example of being a bit out there with symbolism and strange scenes while still having a great story, deep character development and solid cinematography. Eraserhead isn't better than any movie at anything. It was lazy and basically just his fear dreams put into movie format while he was still in school. He clearly got way better at his craft as he moved on.

Jacob's Ladder.
Suspiria.
The Wicker Man.

Where can I find dis?

Oh, another of my favorites is 'IZO'
not 'exactly' horror but on my first watch I felt like I had a hole in my stomach. That sort of a feeling.

youtube.com/watch?v=2e3fPkar3G8

I love Miike

Also, The Witch (2015)

Again, iTunes and PSN

Sorry not OP and just got here when I asked. Thanks.

I'm not a poor fag sorry user
I support art I enjoy

no worries ;)

start filming your life, get about two hours of content, then play it back

OOOOOOOOHOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

got daum

ROSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riding in cars with boys.
Legally Blonde
Girl Interrupted
Poltergeist

First one was great, second was shit

This is accurate.

one of em works

WOW NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=u4CBorXY8_g

I thought this part was a bit scary,... out of context not so much maybe

but yeah 1st was better...

Enter The Void
...made me horrified to be on/sell hallucinogens

youtube.com/watch?v=JJkPLYmUyzg

Return of the Living Dead
Creepshow
A Nightmare on Elm Street 84
Dawn of the Dead 78

A Serbian Film

never been able to find this

t. idiot

It's on YouTube

id rather not torrent t. bro

I'm not seeing it?
To clarify, I have never actively sought it out but have checked most services and places I watch and get movies from, and never seen it.

I think of myself as a connoisseur of shitty horror movies, these are some of my favorites

Feast
Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds
Feast 3: The Happy Finish
Joy Ride 1-3
Wrong Turn 1-6
Lumberjack Man
Gravy (its a horror/comedy)
Deathgasm (also a horror comedy)
Wolf Creek 2 (you can skip 1 its not that great)
See No Evil (has Kane from WWE in it, pretty solid)
The Horde (2016) (not the foreign zombie film, think rambo but with hillbilly mutants)

those are just off the top of my head

>shitty horror movies

no argument there

Just checked and you're right. I watched it a few months ago and there were several versions of it on there so I assumed at least one of them was still on there. I'm not sure where else you could find it if you can't find it on any other websites.

It's probably one of the most fucked up movies I've seen so I shouldn't have expected it to still be up on YouTube

watching bad movies with friends and making fun of them is awesome. Alcohol helps too

That one is great but my favorite segment was Amateur Night in V/H/S 1

Also the movie Poker Night. has Ron Perlman in it, more of a thriller but pretty damn good

boko no pico.

Thoughts on "Dead Alive"

Here's some shit that will fuck up your night:
Tusk
Frontiers
A Serbian Film
Martyrs
V/H/S 1 and 2

Is VHS 2 any better than the first one? I thought the first one sucked

I haven't seen Tusk but the trailer made me laugh

If you think the first one sucked then you won't like the second one. Personally I loved them both.

once you get past all the shaky camera shit, the VHS films are actually pretty good.

If you want a laugh while watching a "horror movie," watch Krampus

>shouldn't even qualify as a horror movie

It has funny parts but it's pretty fucked.
Very fun to watch.

haven't seen it. Based on my list, do you think I'd like it? if so I'll check it out