> No Wave Bands
>Extreme Music In General
Current Age
>Same taste as 16 but add some black people music

favorite no wave band/artist?

>age 16
>techno

>age 10/13
>music that isn't discussed on Sup Forums, sometimes the kid even shows signs of good taste
>age 16/beyond
>taste basically devolves into rearranged Sup Forumscore

every single one of these

You liked Hot Fuss at age 10? You were a good kid then.

Age 10
>Iron Maiden
>Tokio Hotel (lmao)
>Frank Zappa bcuz of my dad

Age 13
>of Montreal
>Olivia Tremor Control
>Neutral Milk Hotel (didn't know they were a meme, I just saw of Montreal on the telly and listened to a lot of Elephant 6 stuff thru that)

Age 16
>Zappa
>Local bands

Current age
fuck off aint none of your business u pric

i'm kind of like you in reverse

Bring back the beanie

Wish I coupd put this kind of artistry into mine.
+Avery Island, Slint, Brubeck
-Tame Impala
Proof only underage should like that bland shit, you're making moves though so keep at it.
-no chart. Be creative guys! It's a fun little project.
Zappa would be p good for paternal bonding. I bet you're dad's cool. Props for supporting the local scene.
>Pattoncore
Wew, lad.
+Ramleh, Agent Orange, Lightning Bolt, Drive like Jehu, Zappa, Mission of Burma, & Mars Volta
Would start a band with. What do you play?

ITT fucking liars

>Bring back the beanie
that and the fingerless gloves are some of the worst decisions of my life. no way am i bringing it back haha. i looked like a homeless emo

++OTC

+No Wave

++The Ziggurat!

Glad somebody else knows it's good. Fave track?
+Tom Waits, Flaming Lips, Wire.

he's prolly american and thinks all electronic music is techno lmao

woah are you me?

I could probably do one better, but eh, a bit lazy right now.

Remember to hide and sage data mining threads

Swans early stuff
James Chance
DNA
Post no wave
Flying Luttenbachers
The Locust (to some extent)

23 now, looking for those Japanese black metal, shoegaze recs because i'm feeling weaboo today

Im sorry I dont listen to fucking EAI and Stockhausen
Jesus

>user posted that he's 18 19 20 21 22 and 23 we have him now!

>he's prolly american and thinks all electronic music that'ss neither EAI nor Stockhausen is techno

You were listening to ODB at 10? damn you must have been a cool ass kid

Im sorry I dont listen to downtempo insipid Boards of Canada

>buyers market
>unironically

>10
whatevers on radio
>13
old school punk rock
>16
fuckin metal
>current
i just listen to the stuff i liked from when i was in my early 20's mostly, alot of the time i choose to listen to a podcast over music

alright i see this is going nowhere
time for a new approach:
who makes your favorite techno?

Mostly stuff like RTC, DOA, KLF, Goldie Hardfloor, and Autechre and AFX's more energetic material. I can also appreciate stuff like Throbbing Gristle sometimes because of its dark atmospheric type thing

>Throbbing Gristle
>Techno

Well electronic music that I like
whatever

I'm not even the guy you were arguing in the first place, but aren't you just agreeing with his affirmation then?

Kind of I guess
But nit totally
Halfway
Eh

>hot fuss
nice
why'd you lose the green coat
nice progression
cool dude
i wish i liked the flaming lips at 13
who thinks that thoug

i hadn't been interested in music when i was younger albeit i played piano and i still do but i never really cared about music that wasnt in the top charts

It's gotten me reported as a suspicious person too many times since it's falling apart and makes me look homeless. I just don't wear it as much any more.

>Listening to death magnetic when you were 10
>it only came out when you were 12
>time travel confirmed

>that man LOOKS vaguely homeless and is going about his own business
>better report him!

I should have put more effort into this

It's at a gas station next to my apartment building that's open 24/7 and without fail there's a little old lady that says I look suspicious. A few of the clerks have gotten to know me but that's pretty much how it goes.

>CAKE
muh nigga, this band is too good to not be discussed that much on this board

this

10 (2001)

the days of bearshare and kazaa, where you'd wait a full day to load a picture of sailor moon naked. that was the first time I'd seen what a vagina looks like.

I had a few cds. jock jams vol 1. some ac/dc album. but this is when I started going to rollerskating rinks and listening to electronic pop. I remember downloading BLUE DABBA DEE by THE BLUE BAND

13 (2004)
By this time my parents had heard on the news that I would go to jail forever for downloading music, kicked me off the family computer, so I'd go to the library, take cds home and rip them. my favorite was modest mouse - good news etc

16 (2007)

By this time I'd picked up a job at the local grocery store bagging and getting carts. I was able to buy all the shitty dad rock I could, most of my favorite music was from guitar hero 1&2. I also have a fond memory of seeing the first arctic monkeys performance on MTV and picking up Whatever People Say I am etc.

25 going on 26 (2017)

In the time between I used to take music very seriously, I think I started coming on here in 2009. I've gone through many phases, Sup Forumscore "patrician", a jazz phase, a hiphop phase. I think I'm past that now. Lately I've been listening to stuff from Deskpop on soundcloud, as well as Mountain Goats' new album, and an australian no-wave album.

hah sorry I typed way more than I should have

r8 me

it really is, comfort eagle and pressure chief are my jam

turning into a spooky man
your taste has improved a lot. those devin townsend and SYL albums are the bomb. also nice dubs
>Quebec
nice
Those are all good bands/artists. can't really say much else
you seem like a pretty cool dude. Eno, Xiu Xiu, and Can are all really good
that coil album is delicious
Gnaw Their Tongues is seriously amazing
Painfully generic but you'll find your footing eventually

i aint a liar. im a truther!

please do us a favor and just call it all either edm or skrillex from now on

Age 10
>The Clash
>Ella Fitzgerald
>The Every Brothers
>The Rolling Stones
>The Ramones
>MxPx
>Squad Five-0

Age 13
>Atmosphere
>The Roots
>Outkast
>A Tribe Called Quest
>Lupe Fiasco
>quite a few hip-hop classics
>probably a bunch of 2000s alt-rock radio stuff (Queens of the Stone Age, The Strokes, etc.)

Age 16:
>Kendrick Lamar
>Big KRIT
>Killer Mike
>Death Grips
>Flying Lotus
>J Dilla
>GY!BE
>Modest Mouse

Current Age: 20
>John Coltrane
>Talk Talk/Mark Hollis
>Converge
>Swans
>Radiohead
>Sigur Ros
>The Byrds
>Frank Ocean
>Grouper
>Brian Eno

thanks for killing the thread

Don't reply to me or my posts ever again

sorry if i came across as dickish
the main reason why i say that these posts are 'killing the thread' is because none of them are generating any discussion. just dumping your pic and then leaving without responding to anybody or commenting on their charts just takes the fun out of these threads, ya know?

what a numale

I'm pretty sure I didn't listen to music till I was 15 almost 16.

I distinctly remember having no interest in music until I went with my friend to a Noel Gallagher high flying birds concert, didn't know any of the songs, not even wonderwall. Since then I've headphones glued to my head, it's kind of weird how something just guess triggered in your mind like that.

I agree with you. It's lazy, narcissistic behaviour seeking nothing but cheap validation. So, just for you:

Obviously went through a lot of anguish in your youth, and your music tastes mirrored that, because you could relate to it so well.

Got really into rap at 16, then expanded your horizons musically as you matured.

Also
>Sigur Ros

Nice.

Feels like your music taste has always kinda stayed in the same area, but at 13 you listened to what was popular in that era.

doesn't really represent my current shit, but if you share some tastes, maybe check out my first album?

attakk.bandcamp.com/album/sterilized

fuq forgot to include acid bath

what happened when you were 16? you went full numale

The lyrics of the "Sterilized" track resonate with me. Not bad.

thanks bro \m/

video exists too
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvmOcqkbbTs

actually nvm
lsd

Literally just started to listen to Sup Forumscore last year... Kinda regret it.

>Of Monsters and Men
Nice

lol at the part where you flip everybody off
but i do really like it

What uppermost left on current age?

10: ACDC, whatever my dad listened to. Started playing the trombone at school around then.

13: Started to get into classic rock, favorites were Blue Öyster Cult and The Clash. Still sucked at trombone.

16: Discovered Moon Hooch, my favorite band. Started listening to a ton of jazz and trombone stuff because I wanna be just like them now. Started to not suck at trombone also.

18: Got into the University of the Arts in Philly with a scholarship, gonna get my bachelor's in boning.