New England Thread

Lets have a New England thread

In this thread we discuss comfy live, politics, culture, food, weather and other regional stuff.

Everyone is invited, lets all talk about New England

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesothelioma
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_arising_from_the_September_11_attacks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

self bumping

also New Hampshire here

Nubble Light Maine

Mount Washington New Hampshire

Rhode Island shore

Old Man On The Mountie New Hampshire

Concord New Hampshire

comfy mountain in the fall

I love NE, lived here most of my life but good lord I've fucking had it with the weather. Miss the year or so I moved to Texas.... at least there is good hiking and swimming when the summer comes

Why is New York not considered a part of New England?

It was settled by the Dutch not English colonists. Besides that there are cultural differences. With the exception if the Boston Metro and SW Connecticut most of NE is rural where as NY has a large Urban and suburban culture. Northern NE is also more conservative than NY.. Once again, with the exception of the Boston metro, most New Englanders tend to be more introverted and intra-community focused than NY's cosmopolitan population

One execution to the rule might be the Adirondacks and upstate NY east of the Hudson. I drive through that region often and it feels more like odd VT than the rest of upstae

FOY

This

Im NH and the level of hospitality in other states baffles me sometimes

Upstate NY has a different accent than New England though

Its hard for me to even determine what a New England accent really would be. The stereotype is we all talk like South Boston residents, but only coastal MA and Maine seem to possess that speech style. For my part of Southern NH growing up practically everyone had a general american accent.

Now that I think of it, must of my fmily is from Maine and Massachusetts. But they're also from Connecticut too (and I also wouldn't be surprised if an accent was kept because of German descent)

Most relevant natural landmark coming through

What NE state is the best? What is the worst?

New Hampshire is the best

Massachusetts and south is the worst

Best: NH
Worst: CT CT CT CT CT
Honorable worst mention to North East Mass where I'm currently living, what a opiod ridden hell hole. Honorable best mention to the Green mountain areas of VT, damn beautiful area

Nh is best Connecticut is worst

Press F to pay respects

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesothelioma
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_arising_from_the_September_11_attacks

new haven, connecticut checking in. wuddup

wat

>Live in California
>9/11 is literally just some weird event on the other side of the country that I saw on the news when I was 7
>I once met a girl who's dad died in the Twin Towers on 9/11

What's it like having 9/11 being so personal? I'm so far removed from New York and the east coast in general.

Connecticut is comfy to visit 2bh

I don't live in NE anymore but it surprises me how many people I've met who knew someone who died in 9/11 or saw it irl

I'm from Long Island, specifically a wealthy suburb of NYC. My small town lost a shitton of people and there have been some articles written about how disproportionally we were hit.

Here, if you don't know someone directly who died in 9/11, your neighbor does.

also new englanders can LI join your club

>smoke from 9/11 making it all the way to Vermont/Canada boarder

Calling bullshit

The reason Manhattan is so awesome is because it's so white

AYO what up bitches 508 here.

>what is harlem

My mothers childhood friend worked in the towers.

He was late for work that day. He was stuck in heavy traffic about 10 minutes out when the first plane hit.