All meming aside, is the DCEU done?

All meming aside, is the DCEU done?

Is it finished?

Because at this point, who's still defending it?

And I don't mean baiting and shitposting, I mean legit defending it.

Anyone?

All memes aside you're a child if you think everyone who doesn't share your opinion is baiting/trolling.

i'm just here for the memes, bro

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

i liked suicide squad

you can tell it was shot as a slower, more somber movie, and re-edited and tweaked to be faster and funnier

it really muddled the tone, it's neither here nor there. but the technical craft, thematic depth and ambition still make it ten times the film than at least the third of marvel's efforts

It doesn't matter who's "defending" it you moron, it's still profitable. They aren't canning a finished WW film or a part complete JL.

this movie is Twilight with "Edgy/Psycho" pre teen fantasies of this two awful characters

Leto was an MLG edgy childish joker for "hot topic" teens..

his actin was forgetable and exagerated

Jared Leto = poochie joker

Honestly? Probably
I liked Suicide Squad, and there were components there that could have made for a genuinely great blockbuster, but it's nowhere near the quality it would have needed to be to firmly establish DC's universe as a rival to the Marvel stuff. and unless the upper management magically gets their shit together and gets real talent to work on their upcoming movies, I don't see Wonder Woman or Aquaman faring any better
Suicide Squad was the most interesting concept DC had going, and they managed to bungle that up, so in all likelihood I see things getting up to the Justice League movie before the entire attempt capitulates and they settle back into just letting the talented people work on a new Batman movie every couple of years

Believe it or not, there are pretentious DCucks that believe their films are actually some deep, original pieces of art, and they twist their minds to support their opinions and believe this Armond guy.

The movies also break even, and there are a few movies pretty much done that are going to be released next year.

So, no, it's not done yet.

REMINDER THAT DC STANDS FOR DAMAGE CONTROL

I've been saying comic book movies are all going to be shit from now on since 2012

no one listened to me

now you all see

>Falling for BvS is Kino meme
It's trolls.

Mostly, yeah. But not entirely.

Dont worry DC bros.
Feminism will carry Wonder Woman to success and revive the franchise.

Capeshit is fucking cultural cancer. Kill yourselves for discussing it you fucking dumb cunts.

No, entirely. Don't get swept up in the nonsense. No one posts BANE because they enjoyed it unironically. Memesters enjoy Men of Martha ironically, as a meme. Any other reasoning is bait.

Was it explained why joker has a Florida tattoo

Man of Steel wasn't even that abhorrent of a movie. How did we go from MoS to the hot mess that is BvS and meme squad. They were so fucking bad.

Just got back from watching it. I actually sorely disappointed because the movie was not terrible like I hoped. I was expecting Snyder tier kino and instead got a decent one-time-watch flick

>technical craft
>thematic depth
>ambition

Please give some examples...

Feminists hate Gal Gadot because she's a zionist jew, so not very likely.

But speaking for myself, I'm cautiosly optimistic. She had good scenes amidst that BvS mess.

Thats when Nolan jumped shipped.

He helped actually develop MoS, but wanted nothing to do with BvS and Meme Squad though.

>First 2 marvel films
$900 million
>First 2 DC films
$1.4 billion

>Third Marvel film
$300 mil entire box office
>Third DC film
$150 mil in ONE DAY

nah they're doing fine, great actually, smart from DC they can only go up from here.

>Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers
this is bait or this nigger is a retard.

Notice the dates of the first two Marvel movies, and the dates of the first two DC movies. Marvel popularized the superhero movie genre of the last decade you dumb nigger

Why didn't Deadshot kill Harley Quinn?

Why did the black lady execute innocent FBI men?

Why was this film made?

They'll have a hit when Wonder Woman comes out, although not many will actually watch it, but the feminist critics will love it.

Yeah, Man of Steel was decent.

These other two installments were awful

>Joker in the center
>7 minutes

The entire film felt like it had huge chunks left on the cutting room floor. As it stands you could completely remove characters like croc and boomerang and nothing would change.

Just came back from watching this. Fuck you all and RT. The movie is actually good.

BvS had Wonder Woman in the center of the poster and she only got about 7 minutes screentime too.

DC really should stop focusing all their marketing for a movie on characters that are barely in it.

I'm pretty sure Batman Begins came before Iron Man, and the Dark Knight only a month later marveldrone

>Even the normies, who eat up ever capeshit like it's cake are hating SS
What changed?

Feminists hate Gal Gadot because she's a zionist jew

>Killer Croc says 5 fucking things the entire movie.

>It's a 'numale defends his precious action figure advert' episode

>is it finished?
If it has the same results in the box office like BvS yes. If it does well, it's not finished at least from a producer's perspective.

Reminder that despite the critical reception or what the fans think, as long as the movie brings in cash there WILL be sequels, spinoffs, etc. see; Insurgent series, Twilight, everything Adam Sandler makes etc.

Nobody gives a shit what DC fans think, if they actively pay for it.. No director or producer that isn't a hardcore fanboy will reject the opportunity to make a 300mil. cash cow, even if it's a steaming pile of shite.

Joker /Harleen quotes made by Goth Topics are comming

If it has a drop off along the levels of BvS from week 1 to week 2 how much longer until people just start plain ignoring this DC shit and it ends up like the Fantastic Four franchise.

Im very confident that we have Batman Begins and The Dark Knight to thank for the popularity of superhero films today.

I liked the movie. Doesn't matter to me if the universe takes off or not. We already have that in Marvel, so who cares if we have another one? They made it, I paid for and enjoyed it. Transaction complete.

BVS brought in nearly $900m at the box office. That isn't bad by any standard, especially on a budget of $220m. Even factoring in advertising to bring the budget to $500m, it still brought in nearly $400m.

I wish I had the image saved of Snyder saying he didn't like comics because there wasn't enough sex and murder in them. Snyder is the biggest dudebro man-baby in Hollywood.

Suicide Squad wasn't a bad movie, 3/5 at best. The obvious choppy editing where they merged the two cuts together fucked it up a bit, and it suffered from "what was the fucking point" syndrome. What was the fucking point of the helicopter scenes? What was the fucking point of having firespic burn those creatures other than to remind the audience that he can shoot fire? What was the fucking point in showing how Enchantress makes her little puppets, when she never uses it against the protagonists? What was the point in getting rid of all of humanity's technology if you wanted to rule over them? It is very clear that only small bombs had any sort of effect, otherwise that shit was useless anyway. It's shit like that which serves to just pad out the film.

Yeah Nolan did nothing for the superhero genre, The Dark Knight winning Oscars and such

>Spiderman released in 2002, box office 821million
>Batman Begins released in 2005, box office 374 million
DCucks once again living in an alternate state of denile.

SS opened against nothing and has no real competition for the rest of the month (unless Pete's Dragon and Sausage Party turn out to be surprise hits), but it's also not a good film. Will be very interesting to see the dropoff in the coming weeks as audiences decide to check it out despite the poor reviews/word of mouth simply because there's nothing else to see.

The Dark Knight barely made any profit. It was only when Iron Man came out did studios realise there was profit to be made in superhero movies.

BvS made easily the golden rule of "box office > 2 x budget" and even made the Sup Forums memed rule of "box office > 3 x budget" that would mean that only one of every 20 or 25 movies is profitable.

After BvS, WB actually poured MORE money into the franchise

This sounds like something Armond White would write.

>The Dark Knight barely made any profit

Sure thing buddy bud

>The Dark Knight winning Oscars and such

>sound editing and a pity award for a dead man

How fucking retarded are you?
>durr da number next to "box office" is bigger den da number next to da "budget" on wikipedia dat means it made lots of money
Fucking spastic.

I enjoyed it, truthfully. What now?

Why is it finished? The movie is making a shit ton of money.

DCEU is just getting started. They're going to keep dishing out these movies because why not? When people will just keep buying into any new comic book movie either Marvel or DC.

Marvel gets away with making shitty films all the time and look at them. They're still going. I don't really see where the capeshit movies will end.

And DC is going to be the alternative for people who want something other than Marvel. Everybody wins. We all get more comic book movies.

I will say that I applaud DC for trying different things all the time. They just gotta learn how to make coherent films rather than the jumbled shit they're doing now.

>things you'd enjoy if you liked Suicide Squad

Papa Roach, Hot Topic, Manic Panic hair dye, nu-metal, Korn, hurtin people, bein badass, Nine Inch Nails, hot gurls with big boobys who are sluts, Christopher Nolan, death, jinco jeans, darkness, TDKR, ear plugs, tattoos, Kottonmouth Kingz

Iron Man came out several months before The Dark Knight

This is actually a pretty fair assessment.

>the oscars don't count because it was my master Mouse the one winning them
>the best perfomance in any capeshit movie ever is something you shouldn't take into account

>72900616
>the only way to make money for a movie is through box office
>still made profit via box office though lmao

Dude SS is bad, why do you need to cuck yourselves into other stuff where you made a meme of yourselves?

Honestly, its become edgy and cool to openly like DCEU films. Critics have become this abusive dad figure in America, equal to how we all hate the media and its news, and its only the lame losers who say they hate DCEU movies.

Its become so bandwagony to hate them that I think hipsters and cool kids actually pretend to love them.

Like look at this asshole. Abloo bloo bloo this movie sucks because I say so abloo bloo.

You saying you wouldn't want to rebel against fools like this?

Who wants to agree with some arrogant POS prick who thinks his opinion matters and everyone should follow it? Its laughable.

So I believe the DCEU backlash is going to be a dead fad pretty soon and it will actually be irrationally enjoyed as the edgy choice.

I think the Marvelfaggots on this board are literally losing their minds...i guess The Joker not only freaked their moms...

If Robert Downey Jr died after Ironman came out he'd win an Oscar also.

please explain to us stupid folk then how a film that made just over 1 billion dollars "barely made a profit" since you seem to know

i like all that so it seems that i will enjoy SS, thanks for the advice!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>everyone says Suicide Squad is terrible so they're all sheep and I'm going to like it because being rebellious and contrarian is the REAL edgy and cool thing to do

Probably in Costume design...like for his stilts and boostedup shoes...

Where are you been? DC movies need 3 hundred gotrillion dollars during the first hour to break even because they spend a magical amount of money in marketing, this number being able to change and grow while the common people progressively BTFOs Sup Forums

TO THE EXTREEEME!

thats all the stupid DC fans do, they think "ooh you dont like the movie well then ur a ship..this movie is perfect u jelous

hurr durr MCU sucks because they suck..

>this is what disniggers actually believe

This movie was so painfully average. Like 2/10 tier.

So boring. So tryhard. 0 redeemable qualities.

It was literally "muh soliders and guns + Suicide Squad". The whole movie was so dark and shitty looking too. Like if they put an opacity filter on the whole thing. They overused all the typical 70-80's pop & rock songs. Boomerang served 0 purpose, don't know why he was even there.

Just a movie that I never want to re-watch again. There's nothing there. Nothing. Crap plot, crap acting (mainly Flag & Cara, (did anyone see her awkward movements at the end))?

I can see why critics panned it, and I cannot understand how anybody can say it was "amazing". Seriously, if y ou think this was "amazing", then either a) you're just a huge DC fan and are excited to see SS the movie or b) you have no cinematic taste. But heck, even if it is option A, I can't see how you wouldn't be disappointed.

Man, what a garbage movie and huge waste of time. There was nothing "awesome" or anything like that. It was generic, crappy, and overall lame.

>2/10
that's bullshit and you know it

You got me. At first I wrote 4/10, but the more I kept typing, the more I remember about how this movie had nothing going for it besides the character intros and little logo effects.

Smith and Margot were great.

yah you know it bro....

>Like 2/10 tier

It's funny because with these kind of bullshit you only make people dismiss your entire opinion. The movie was average, maybe a little above average because aesthetics but that's that. I paid for it and I won't do it again.

Maybe a 5/10 or a 5.5/10 if you're a fanboy. When you say a movie like this is a 2/10, it makes people wonder, what did this guy thought about other generic forgettable blockbusters like Jurassic World or shit like that? And then they realize you can't be that harsh with all of them and that you're memeing, even though the rest of what you said is mostly correct

>le shitposting nigger

I get your point user, and you're right.

Suicide Squad will perform like Batman v Superman: Great opening weekend, but then tank in later weeks. They'll be able to recoup the underwhelming box office by releasing a director's cut on Blu-ray. You're a fool if you actually believe they won't release a SUICIDE SQUAD: ULTIMATE JOKER (MOM'S GONNA FREAK) EDITION after the massive sales of the BvS Ultimate Cut from idiots who then shilled it on the internet because of buyer's remorse.

Audiences MIGHT hold on for Wonder Woman and Justice League, but by the time they get to THE FLASH and Cyborg, heroes that no one cares about, audiences will stop showing up because DC didn't build trust in the brand like Marvel did.

Well children, let me go slowly for you. Where it says "Box Office" that's how much the Box Office ie. the theatres got. The actual company makes about a third of that. So really it's only about $300,000,000 that the company actually got. The Dark Knight had a "budget" of $180,000,000. That's not factoring in advertising. That would bring the actual budget up to about $500,000,000. So The Dark Knight probably made a loss of about $200,000,000.
DCucks tears are delicious.

so this is the power of marvel math..

Pretty much covered this.
>Any other reasoning is bait
So enjoy (You)r nibble.

I truly love this meme, evansposting and accountingposting are the best things about these threads

have marvelcucks gone full retard?

DCucks BTFO

This is your brain on Mouse

>DC has never made a profitable film
>Marvel has never made a loss on a film
>Suicide Squad
More like Suicide Watch

you know marveldrones have gone full retard when you can't even tell if they're shitposting or genuinely serious.

all that generic capeshit has muddled their brains.

Your figures omit merchandising, DVD sales and sales to channels and streaming services. One third is what the distributor, ie, the cinema makes. Not the studio.

>DCucks strawmanning so they can pretend BvS wasn't a massive underperformer that caused WB to freak so hard they spent $20 million on Suicide Squad reshoots to give it more quips

You can't feign superiority anymore when WB is LITERALLY wasting money on reshoots to imitate Marvel because they have no confidence in their own product.

It is exactly that, user.

Whilst that is true, this post is still retarded.

kek marvelbabbies put in their place once again

BvS made $870m against a budget of $250m. It's not exactly a bad performance.

>Abloo bloo bloo this movie sucks because I say so abloo bloo.

Yeah, I do say so. I saw the movie tonight, it wasn't good. When the credits rolled I heard many other people in the theater complaining and the general mood was one of disappointment. Not even a third of them could be bothered to stay long enough for the Waller/Wayne scene. It's a shit film that will make money in spite of itself because there's nothing to challenge it. Fuck you and your hipster contrarianism.

because is a DCuck making a strawman to deflect from BvS' being a huge disappointment to Warner Brothers. They're in a fucking panic about their cinematic universe right now and it's clear as day, yet DCucks keep denying it through deflection and false flags.

Maybe it's just because I've been on Sup Forums longer than you children but it's so easy to spot a shitposter I'm amazed you faggots fell for it

this autism is off the charts

>I assume I've been here longer
Why are you proud of that exactly?

>gets BTFO beyong recovery
>i-it was a false flag lel

Embarrasing m8

>im a middle aged man spending my days shilling for marvel
fucking hell that is pathetic