So do we all agree this was fucking great?

So do we all agree this was fucking great?

sup reddit

Watching the final episode now. It's indeed fucking great.

I really liked it but you should still fuck yourself consensus fag.

I have a soft spot for Stephen King and if It had a non-shit adaptation (tim Curry Aside) it would feel like this series. Best brand of that particular corniness since Alan Wake and the ending isn't even shit to boot.

It's "well done" compared to most of netflix garbage, this kinda gives it a free pass for having meh first episodes, I did enjoyed the last 2, there was a nice tension.

It could have been fucking Citizen Kane, I'm not watching this because faggots everywhere won't shut the fuck up about it. It's annoying.

for the 1000th time it's bretty gud

congrats on having terrible opinions. all patricians know the early episodes were great and the ending was garbage

if you weren't born in the 90's it's worth a watch

excuse me patrician, what was so great about the start?

Hello mr marketer!

the early unfolding of the mystery before terrible cgi monster made regular appearances

but I was 93 kid here

and I loved it

I was born in the 90s and loved it because I wasn't culture locked into only current stuff as a kid.

That's good user, I'm glad for you.

Do you happen to have older siblings?

only child

I'm really annoyed they didn't just get Doug Jones to wear a monster suit or something, especially if they were going to have a literal face-to-face confrontation with the thing in a well lit classroom at the end.

It couldn't possibly have been that expensive, the dude shows up in all kinds of shitty indie horror films.

That's awesome, The 90's born guys i've met don't have anytime for anything pre 95, besides star wars.

tremors was my favorite movie as a kid, I ended up into all the 80s schlock, Arnold and Stallone and the Evil Dead

It's lazy trite dogshit that doesn't even have the decency to try and hide the fact that it is basically just pandering and the hype around it is embarrassing.

It was definitely good, but nothing special. Felt very predictable. Lost its flare in my eyes when it stopped being a horror/mystery and turned into a run of the mill scifi

Some of my favorite movies as a '92 kid were Back to the Future, Beetlejuice, and Ghostbusters.

hum no it was shit.

You guys gave given me a bit of hope. These guys didn't know point break was a remake and thought those burton alice movies were good.

It was not great, but a pretty nice watch.

Overrated but I loved it.
Reignited my love for 80s music tho.
Been listening to the oldies for a few days already.

I want to fuck El and Mike

>stuff to watch if you liked Stranger Things:

>80s kids adventures/thrillers/horror / kids-on-bikes / suburbcore / Speilberg/King-core:
ET, Goonies, IT, Stand By Me, Gremlins, The Explorers, Flight of the Navigator, Never Ending Story, Super 8, Cloak and Dagger

>altered/alternate reality, body horror, Lovecraftian:
The Thing, Videodrome, Possession, Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (1978), Hellraiser I & II, At the Mouth of Madness, Naked Lunch, The Blob (50s or 80s), The Fly (1986), Crash (1996), Dead Ringers

>psychic / New Age-y stuff:
Firestarter, Poltergeist, Escape from Witch Mountain, Altered States, Carrie, The Fury, Scanners, Close Encounters, Don't Look Now, The Psychic, The Dead Zone, The Shining, Boardinghouse, Phenomena, The Visitor, Beyond the Black Rainbow, Watcher in the Woods

>synthcore / vibes:
Thief, Firestarter, The Keep, Tenebre, Wavelength (1983), Beyond the Black Rainbow, Blade Runner, Drive, The Fog, The Neon Demon, A Clockwork Orange, Escape from NY, Dawn of the Dead (1978), Enter the Void, The Beyond, Deep Red, Berberian Sound Studio, Sorcerer, Halloween, Spring Breakers, Mulholland Drive, Manhunter, Liquid Sky, Only God Forgives, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, The Hunger, Body Double, Suspiria

>tv series:
The X Files, Twin Peaks, The Wonder Years, True Detective, The Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Darkside, The Outer Limits, Children of the Stones, Sapphire and Steel, The Stone Tape, The Tomorrow People, Chocky, Into the Labyrinth, The Omega Factor, Penda's Fen, The Dark Secret of Harvest Home, Crowhaven Farm, Under the Mountain, The Third Eye, Ace of Wands, The Owl Service, Shadows

I have netflix but i watched this on a pirated site to prevent it from ever sugesting shit like this for me ever again in case i hate it.
D o d g e d
A
B u l l e t
This show blows so hard, i never seen a show cramp up so many beat up cliches in one single expensive disappointment.
The writting is absolutely terrible and the whole show feels like pure filler.
0/10 normie shit, gtfo my board.

you pretty much covered it all and I must add Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition are the only vidya I know of in this style

look at that fucking pig

Bloodborne if you like a bit of action with your mystery.

Call of Cthulu is pretty good as well.

Fuck everything about this post, fuck Stranger Things, and fuck the morons who think that this show deserves a legitimate comparison to any of these movies.

I'd give it a seven out of ten.

Why are you people so easily impressed?

No. Just le rong generation shit for normies. Pretty unbearable.

netflix will always recommend its original series

you can also one star it

I like the show, but I was pointing people in the direction of a lot of stuff that is much better and they will likely enjoy more

>white people
we need a planet wide genocide, quick

The fact that you would use a girl like that as bait to get a click says everything about how shit your taste is

Suicide Squad thread is >>>

bullying a legitimate minority

So you're 16?

No they deserve to be with each other. No extras.

What did you mean by this?

Reminder that Chris was a moron.

>implying i like hero shit
Whats with stranger things that always attracts these underaged posters ?

You got issues bro

>You got issues bro
What did he mean by that?

2edgy

He's 23 user.

no. fucking terrible movie in every aspect

can we stop memeing and actually discuss the show?

What was chief doing at the end? Why did he get into the car with those CIA guys and did the waffles mean he knew what happened to el?

What's wrong with Will ? When he started hallucinating the walls I thought maybe he was just dreaming about having been saved

It's almost like it's open to interpretation until the next season.

I fear Will is setup for a chestburster, maybe not killing him off because the whole damn show was about getting him back but maybe he's "different" and gets possessed or some shit.

No idea what went down with Hopper and the men in black but he definitely knows because waffles but the real question is, is she back and taking the waffles? Surely he's under watch by the gov't though, wouldn't they see him leaving the food?

>tfw friends born in 1990 and a couple of years earlier consider any non-English language, black and white or pre-late 90s movie old and boring and refuse to watch it

I've seen all the 80s/90s stuff either by myself or with my parents.

Why does everyone love this show? What am I missing? It's like a 7/10 at best. Also am I supposed to be happy for Steve Harrington? Because he literally called Nancy a slut and spray painted it on the movie theater sign, broke Jonathan's camera, and got in a fist fight and got his ass whopped. He should have died if you ask me familia.

Yeah it's had user. I want to share classics like robo cop and Amadeus but no one is interested, can't share sopranos or rome. it hurts

It's definitely good but, but The Night Of is standing up to be significantly better in my book.

It's nostalgia bait for 80's and 90's kids.

If you're a gen (z)ombie, then you won't get it.

FUCK yeah man it was FUCKING EPIC this post needs more upvotes!!!

I liked it because it reminded me of when I was a kid, it also reminded me of the stuff I would watch growing up and when kids were kids and and not little pc zombies they are now.

>HBO

why is television being carved up like vidya platforms? Cable sucked but everything could be watched by everyone

Cable's on its legs and HBO has been shit the last few years. They're getting desperate before the die-off. I wonder what big money-maker HBO will latch onto once GoT finally ends.

You're right about it being a 7/10. Shit story that steals too much from other sources, but it's the characters and setting that has people obsessed. Since it's very likable in a very comfy way, the normies are just infatuated by it for the time being. It's just 'in' at the moment.

The characters are all pretty likable, even the chad redeemed himself at the end

>Because he literally called Nancy a slut

Pretty sure his douchebag friends probably encouraged him to pull that shit.

>He should have died if you ask me familia.

They're prepping him up to be a likable guy so that they can properly kill him off at the end of season 2.

ending was kinda ass but it was overall pretty good

I don't remember

Not to mention it was his friends who had written that at the cinema and he later felt like shit and removed it himself. Make no mistake, he was an ass in the beginning, but seeing this weird guy taking photos of his naked girlfriend in his own house and then finding them in bed together is no small thing. At least he got rid of his shitty friends, came back to beat up a monster he knew nothing about and got a new camera for Jonathan.

no, one of the worst over hyped memes ever

>No Twin Peaks

Fucking pleb

Ending just proved the Duffer bros can't write.
>steal 99% of the story from other other sources
>When it comes to coming up with the final 1%, make it bait tier garabge
It's so easy to tell how S2 is going to start. Ready for the spoiler? You'll never guess;
>everybody, from the govt to the boys, are looking El in their own way
Did I blow your mind?

Lol, it's in there twice. The movie is under the 'synth / vibes' category and the show is on the tv series list at the bottom

It was pretty bad desu, like a low-tier Stephen King adaption full of cringey 80s references. I found it hard to care about any of the characters nor the mystery plot. As for horror it relied only on a few jumpscares and otherwise there was no horror.

he remind anyone else of pic related? and Johnathan looked like a younger Norman Reedus to me

>Being a wilfully limited attention seeker

You're such a retarded faggot. * haven't even heard anyone besides Sup Forums talking about it

Notice whenever there's a thread about Stranger Things and most of the replies are negative how quickly the thread dies out

couldnt even make it through the first 6 episodes, the story was not engaging at all and the muh 80's references didn't help for shit.

One more person needed to die in like episode 4 to keep the tension going. Also the monster should not have been revealed.

soap opera garbage
kys