What went wrong?

What went wrong?

he won the spanish championship tho

>memederations cup

Winning an Euro is bigger than winning the league

Me in the bottom right.

Higuain

i know, but OP's pic suggests messi didn't achieve shit this year, which is wrong

that's right. Maybe it's because he didn't win anything new

Is winning CL bigger than Euro?

Is just different. I mean, I preffer the Champions, fuck my NT, they are a total hacks. But maybe a portuguese preffers the Euro because is not easy for them that kind of competición. They are CR+10.

Lets face it, the only one that really matters is the WC.

Nobody elevates their legend by winning the Copa or the Euros. It's why Zidane is rated higher than Platini these days, even though Platini blows him away in trophies and stats.

Penaldo>Messi.

Euro is only every four years, so just by virtue of that I'd say winning the Euro is bigger.

>everyone else
>kissing cold metal
>Messi
>enjoying the refreshing taste of Sprite

No int trophies you dumb fuck

i hate this debate. international teams are supposed to be a celebration of soccer and a pr stunt for the industry to help spread popularity, to give fans a chance to see something they wouldn't normally see. but anyway, international games are only like 10% of a professionals career. why would you judge someone on 10% of their games. and if you're only counting tournament knockout games, it's more like 1%.? how can you blame someone for not winning trophies on a team he didn't even chose to belong to?

Why shouldn't you count them? They're official matches and the most important of a player's career no less

Ask Messi if he prefers winning the Spanish League or a cup with his NT.

The World Cup is the most important tournament in soccer and possibly in all of sports. Legends are only truly made there, and to a lesser extent at continental cups.

I don't know why exactly that is either, but that's just the way it is.

The Euro is a tournament held only every four years. And contrary to clubs, national teams have the support of all their countrymen, the pressure and the stakes are higher.

The CL may be harder but the Euro is definitely more prestigeous.

It also doesn't help that Platini got fat and that he ruined his reputation with his role in the corrupted affairs of the FIFA.

Half of the Argentina squad is completely unfit and literally their tactical s are Huff it to messi and hope he does something.

Nah.

'Not wise to generalise, Peninsular Hermano.
While I do agree that winning the Euro has a special taste to the common Português (this time intensified by being the first praiseworthy Senior International cup (and on French soil) "we" won) for the simple fact that it brings the whole country together, regardless of club rivalry - I can imagine that the situation's quite different in Spain due to your territorial fragmentation.
"Our" NT is far more than just Cristiano, feel free to confirm it by watching any upcoming games.

It's called patriotism.
>dat flag