This movie

>this movie
someone explain this shit to me. The fuck did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iaLpieSNIfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post goddess MEW

no

It's a great movie for 45 minutes, then the editing and pacing fall off the map and it devolves into cringy drivel.

It's unfortunate, the acting was great and the concept had potential. They just got so fucking hamfisted with the writing once the details of the situation started to come about. I have no understanding of the generally positive reception.

I litterally just finished it. Very good tension and good acting. The ending we got was not necessary tho. Overall i liked it a lot.

The part with a giant half kraken ship just came out of nowhere and was uncalled for. Also Howard was a tragic character.

>a giant half kraken ship just came out of nowhere

It came from another planet, user.

Trash

U fell for the meme. Wut a dipshit.

you just watched a potentially good psychological horror movie script that the humongous faggot known as JewJew abrams read and totally shat on, which he always does, by shoehorning his faggot scifi franchise
he makes utter garbage

;)

MEW thread here

why is she always in such bad movies and tv shows
does she just not know how to tell if a script is good or not?
everything shes in sucks but at least shes easy to look at...

>a giant half kraken ship just came out of nowhere
They had to explain the apocalypse somehow

>BrainDead
>bad show

suck dick

ok pleb keep watching CBS television shows and shit

why does she wear eye contacts?

is she insecure of her shitskin eyes?

You watched a pretty good movie that should have kept it's shit together at the end.

Tragic? Didnt he kill a little girl?

how did you not understand the movie? Are you fucking retarded?

>Sup Forums full of retards who can't even understand this simple as fuck movie

OP you need to sort yourself out.

He thought that was a good way to start a thread. However, he could have done a "what did she mean by that?" Or "what the fuck was her problem?"

it was set in the 7 hr war by the combine.

I just watched it too,
it's tonal shift the movie.

Feels Goodman was the shit in this movie. He deserves more leading roles.

I'll explain my theory user

I thought Howard built a doomsday bunker to protect his family with help of Emmet a local contractor . Over time, Howard gets the uneasy feeling that Emmet has inappropriate feelings for his underage daughter. One day about 2 years ago, Megan disappears & Howard's mental state begins to crack. His wife leaves him for Chicago because she blames or even suspects him of kidnapping their daughter. In truth she has been tucked away & duck taped in a small alcove of the bunker that can only be accessed by someone small enough to climb through a ventilation shaft. Someone who helped build the room & had it padlocked from the inside. Emmet.

Megan's body is never quite found (though something is blocking the latch to the air filter...) Cut to present day. Howard rescues Michelle over guilt about driving her off the road. He wants to protect her the way he was unable to protect her daughter. When he returns, the man he suspects but can't prove killed his daughter is waiting for him and fights his way into the bunker. Howard is insulted when Michelle flirts with his daughter's likely killer (and Emmet makes sure to drive the pain home by staring at him tauntingly throughout the exchange).

When it is clear that someone will need to climb through the ventilation shaft, Emmet volunteers in order to protect his secret, but his arm sling prevents him. When Michelle returns with evidence of his crime, Emmet makes up a story about some other girl named Brittany knowing he can frame Howard as the unstable one. The girl in the photos really is Megan, but Michelle trusts Emmet's story. When Howard finds the scissors and the duck tape, he suspects Emmet intentions for Michelle are the same he had for Megan. Having heard one lie too many he murders him and finally gets his revenge. Unfortunately, he does not account for Michelle's perspective of events.

Evidence:
Howard's attitude towards Emmet
Howard's 'no touching' rule
Emmet's casual suggestion of braiding Michelle's hair
Emmet built the bunker and is the only one small enough to access the air filtration room if his arm weren't broken
Howard points out the picture of "Brittany"/Megan to Michelle. If he loved Megan so much, why would there not be ANY pictures of the real Megan?
Air filtration room is padlocked from the inside. Only a smaller character could have done that.
Howard says "I know traitors" during a tense scene
Howard's intense "I'm watching you" scene
Howard's annoyance at Michelle's defense of this man and why she isn't grateful for his protection.
He tells Michelle after the shot "You heard him. He was going to try to hurt us"
The entire final act is intentionally jarring different from what we were led to believe (just like we have been mislead by character motivations)
And of course, his final words to Emmet: "I forgive you" which has everything to do with Megan.

TL;DR Monsters come in many forms. Emmet kidnapped and killed Megan after hiding her in an inaccessible area of Howard's bunker. He took advantage of Howard's personality to throw off Michelle's suspicion. Howard's said generosity only goes so far and he murders him, but Michelle believing Howard is the monster burns him in acid and sets the bunker ablaze. But that's just my theory so whatever.

You watching foot kino until it went stupid with MEW becoming a super soldier defeating a thing with a wine Molotov cocktail

>That scene where they had to guess words related to other words/things and he kept calling the chick, "girl, little girl, princess" etc. subtly showing his batshitedness

why is everyone so flabbergasted by that scene?

it was completely believable considering that the ship was clearly filled with gas (like the Hindenburg)

>tfw this movie literaly came out 4 years ago
youtube.com/watch?v=iaLpieSNIfk