I'm feeling completely alone and miserably depressed about my ex-girlfriend right now...

I'm feeling completely alone and miserably depressed about my ex-girlfriend right now. We broke up a couple years ago and it was pretty devastating for me. I've tried to get a lot of help but nothing really has made a difference. I kind of believe I'll never actually be happy again and I'm getting pretty sick of waking up everyday to that feeling.

I could use some music to help deal with these feelings. I like kind of somber, sad ambient stuff. I've been listening to a lot of Max Richter and Stars of the Lid. I could just use some devastatingly sad music right now that I can relate to. Doesn't necessarily have to be that kind of ambient, though if you have suggestions like that it's definitely welcome too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n10JC0BOWF8
youtube.com/watch?v=GSE2q-jTIts
youtu.be/9Iaxe5K3Ljo
youtube.com/watch?v=rQSqQkMwDik
youtube.com/watch?v=9Pp9DC56hh8
youtube.com/watch?v=Uuwc6MzbB9w
youtube.com/watch?v=xtwe3y3_RM8
youtube.com/watch?v=-u9sKVTcVn8
youtube.com/watch?v=UIUEVoz8njg
youtube.com/watch?v=ArFeqv0GvoA
youtube.com/watch?v=LVW2uuThW8M
youtube.com/watch?v=BpX4jjYpzvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fexHLfwrCF4
youtube.com/watch?v=Kt59SP1zIvA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sorry to hear this lad. have you tried dating other women? getting your heart broken again is the best cure to get over her. you kind of replace her with another girl.

I have. I've gone on a bunch of dates and stuff and it's just kind...not there. It just kind of feels like I'm forcing it, and I haven't really been attracted to anyone else since her. It's a scary feeling and I don't know how to shake it, and it kind of makes me feel like I needed whatever it was she represented to me and now I'll never find it again.

you have to force yourself out there and find someone new. you will break a lot of hearts on the way but it is the only cure. you have to use other women as sort of bandages. i know it is cruel to them but remember you are the one who needs healing. go all the way with them until you find one that zaps you.

also listen to happy music. not religious music. like soft rock from the 70s. england dan and john ford, todd rundgren kind of stuff.

Brian Eno - Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks
Grouper - A I A :Alien Observer
Tangerine Dream - Zeit
GYBE! - F# A# ∞
Johnny Cash - American V & VI
Townes Van Zandt - S/T
Thom Yorke - The Eraser
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle

I have been. I'm actually swiping through Tinder right now, I'd have gone out tonight if I weren't so hungover from last night. It's just hard because just even like from the most basic or selfish point of view, I don't even want sex or anything at all, I have no desire for even that. I've still tried and have had a bunch of one night stands, but they sort of just make me feel a lot lonelier. I'm hoping therapy and stuff will make it better but it's slow so far.

I like sad stuff for cathartic reasons when I'm feeling extra depressed like I am tonight. But I'm open to suggestions for anything that's helpful in any kind of mood.

This is my gift to you OP, I'm feeling somewhat like you

youtube.com/watch?v=n10JC0BOWF8

I actually listen to Apollo every night in bed to help me fall asleep. Good stuff.

I love this song. It's so beautifully sad. thanks for reminding me.

You're welcome my friend, I don't know if we'll be happy again someday, but we'll survive.

youtube.com/watch?v=GSE2q-jTIts

youtu.be/9Iaxe5K3Ljo

dang I really like this first song a lot so far. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=rQSqQkMwDik

youtube.com/watch?v=9Pp9DC56hh8

Oh yeah I listened to this after I found out about Have a Nice Life, lll have to give it another listen.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uuwc6MzbB9w
>the city lights, brighter than ever. And stars and constellations...and it's breathtaking...

yep I love this. I actually have a burial tattoo. :)

If you dig on Max Richter you'll dig on Rachel's.
youtube.com/watch?v=xtwe3y3_RM8

After you're through with that gorgeous album, take a dive into this and never be too lost ever again.

youtube.com/watch?v=-u9sKVTcVn8

Ok yeah I'm listening to the first song on the Rachel's album and I can see what you mean. I really like this a lot, thank you. I'm gonna add both of these to my queue.

Yeah I really love this Rachel's album so far, this is excellent

Maybe you'll like this, I'm the Radiohead guy

youtube.com/watch?v=UIUEVoz8njg

Mhm. A long while ago someone on Sup Forums recommended to me Max Richter for liking Rachel's, specifically memoryhouse. So if he dug Max and Rachel's, figure you would. The Sea And The Bells is their best work I reckon. However their first album, Handwriting, is also full of darkness.

youtube.com/watch?v=ArFeqv0GvoA

Selenography has very nice moments of darkness, sadness, but is not like Handwriting or TSATB.

youtube.com/watch?v=LVW2uuThW8M

Oh shit, I do like this, I remember a friend of mine showed me Lemonade years ago and I forgot about them and I've tried to remember who they were lots of times but never could until just now.

Yeah I really like their sound, I quite like the emotionality of it a lot. I also kind of dig how it sounds like classical music being played by a band, but not necessarily in a post-rock sort of way, kind of like Olafur Arnalds is to me IMO.

I'll definitely check those out as well.

Giving you supremo breakup albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=BpX4jjYpzvQ

youtube.com/watch?v=fexHLfwrCF4

youtube.com/watch?v=Kt59SP1zIvA

find something actually worth being sad about

I'm definitely into that. I think I've heard something by Prawn before. I'll give these a listen, thanks a bunch.