Why isn't this guy talked about more. He's like one of the most influential and fascinating musicians ever

Why isn't this guy talked about more. He's like one of the most influential and fascinating musicians ever

no he's not, stop being a hipster faggot

He wanted it that way

>scott walker
>some guy
pleb detected

>heavily influenced bowie
>tackled experimental and pop music effortlessly
>no he's not influential s-so i'll call you a hipster fagget kek
stay mad bro

you dont know about music and you're a skinny virgin that dresses like a faggot and like cute girls pictures on facebook expecting that they'll like you and take out your virginity

>this is your defense
you're supposed to be 18 or older to be on Sup Forums

>u need to be 18 yo or older XD am i cool yet guys???

sad virgin nerd who is deluded enough to think that he has "good taste" in music
i bet you're subscribed to fantano

Whoa kid you're a little faggot

>projecting this hard
keep trying

2 ugly virgins

I am virgin, destroyer of arguments
Ask me anything

wtf why do you hate scott walker so much

just popping in to say I've had sex and scott walker is GOAT

good

Is this your first day on Sup Forums?

I always try to talk about Scott but everyone ignores me

He's probably my favorite musician of all time. I seriously can't get over The Drift

same here

I've been planning on listening to him, specifically these albums - Tilt, The Drift, Bish Bosch. Could you elaborate on his style and how does his experimental work compare and differ from Captain Beefheart's for example? Are these albums chaotic? Depressing? Other-worldly?

The way the songs are composed really, he (Scott) sort of described it as just big 'blocks' of sound / percussion, very different from Beefheart as it is nothing like Beefheart's free-jazz chaotic sound, I guess the closest thing I could compare it to is some classical music (early 1900s)

Thank you. Which one of those 3 albums would you recommend for a rainy, cloudy day? And by the way, are his songs similar to the ones on Gentle Giant's Acquiring the Taste? I'm not new to experimental music, but that album left me with the same feeling I had when I first listened to a progressive rock album.

very high concept, long drawn out sounds, often unsettling and unnerving. devastating.

meant to reply to

Thank you. It would fit what I described here:
I will get back to you if this thread doesn't die.

Just listened to this. Pretty cool, but very slow-paced the whole time. Are any other records faster? I'm doing Drift now.

IF SHIT WERE MUSIC YOU'D BE A BRASS BAND

Tilt is my choice of that trilogy but all of his stuff is brilliant IMO. His versions of the Brel standards often best the original versions but Scott's talents as a composer on both Scott 3/4 and Climate Of Hunter, Nite Flights, The Drift, etc. is just unparalleled

Sickly and oppressive if you're talking about those three albums

Drift is the slowest of the lot; Bish Bosch has the most instances of "fast" tempos but a lot of the pieces dip in and out of extreme lethargic tempo and upbeat paces. The first four songs off of Nite Flights are relatively faster too

He's incredibly good but not influential. If only because his music fits more of a crossover classical niche than it does something relating to pop music.

I think his early stuff (Scott 1-4) was influential to Bowie though.

overrated by hipsters

I'm glad we got that one out of the way. At least try to be funny next time.

funny cause its true

Scott 3 is a god tier chamber pop record. I need to listen to more of his stuff.

What's a favorite album of yours babe

It's the hardest type of instrument to play.

Give it a rest. You've gotten your (You).

sry i only speak truth.

Provide an argument or at least have the decency to sage when you're shitposting.

Most of his earlier songs are good because of Jacques Brel though

not into his experimental shit but Scott 4 is one of my favourite albums ever.

I really like Climate of Hunter. It sounds like he read about new wave without listening to it and just took a swing at how it sounded in his head. I think Tilt is probably my favorite and I especially love the lyrics.

I liked Hunter better than Drift, at least this time around. Drift was a little droning, but the lyrics and melodies caught my attention more. I can hear sickness and oppression in it. It definitely is unsettling

my argument is you case and point. soon as the word "hipster" appears somebody comes to it

And one person on an anonymous image board is a broad enough representation of every fan of his music? And hipster is a good enough argument? What about his unique and powerful baritone voice and his shift from being a pop star to a 21st-century avant-garde musician? And again, how is that a negative thing? I'm not sure why I'm even going this much in depth, because you clearly didn't give it much thought.

> I'm not sure why I'm even going this much in depth, because you clearly didn't give it much thought.
yeah but the hipster in you has to prove me wrong ;)

who cares armond? this is a rockist complaint

>yeah but the hipster in you has to prove me wrong ;)
And your solution is to conveniently ignore my arguments? Brilliant. But please, at least sage when you're shitposting.

aww don't get mad hipster :(

>I have no arguments
>aww don't get mad hipster :(
You can continue if you like.

i will. be happy my friend. its okay being a hipster

Was it autism?

>You can continue if you like.
Preferably with arguments this time. Wishful thinking.

all words are arguments

Just a person with too much free time derailing a potentially non-cancerous thread really.