After today, critics have become irrelevant

After today, critics have become irrelevant.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DbMDHYmF_Ys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

however millennial faggots like you will still cry next time they disagree with you.

>millennial faggots like you will still cry next time they disagree with you
That's pretty much what the "critics" nowadays are.

how about tailored critics for your own personal taste?

before every movie review you read, you just make a quick personality test and if you get a 90-100% match with certain critic you can read their review

not really
the movie needs to hold up the weeks after.

look at Deadpool and Guardians.
they held a pretty good 2nd week and so on.

look at batman v superman.
it dropped to shit after the first week.

word of mouth will get out that it's shit and nobody will want to go.

lets not forget the movie is not opening in China.
also it has to make 700mil to break even.

This just means we're in for a record breaking 2nd week dropoff.

It's aimed at preteens and teens, and they don't read critic reiviews

>700mil to break even
citation needed

Read

not an official source

post discarded

lmfao dcuck hiding in tears.

Will be fun watching this continue to tank haha

this guy is right you know
just because a lot of faggot like you paid to see it doesn't make it any better

Do movies usually make a billion dollars? How long does this take?

preteens and teens are gahbage

kek marvelcuck denial i knew it

Uh, yes?

this. the number seems to grow every second,

movie will easily make a profit

WB/DC has to be the most incompetent studio in Hollywood.

>giving a fuck about what one, or both, of the major comic book-related film studios are doing
>ever

You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?

>it needs $700 million to break even meme
I can tell you don't work in the business. It will turn a profit at $300 million. Ghostbusters turned a profit at $200 million. You don't understand how money is funneled in the business.

Except people are disagreeing with critics this time around and word of mouth on this one is good

collider says 750-800

youtube.com/watch?v=DbMDHYmF_Ys

How can one seriously watch superhero movie?

what about marketting costs?

>critics are irrelevant because shitty movies make money

Because no bad movie has ever been popular before right?

>it's been reported
they are literally parroting like every other article is doing, yet there is no official source at all.

get out underage faggot

yes but it doesn't cost 500 million for marketing. there are so many deals done that they make back most of the budget before the movie is even released.

and no way are they going to risk 800 million on a completely new franchise.

>I disagree with all credible movie news sites

but its ok, you are right and everybody else is wrong

WB owns their own marketing studios, they take money from one pocket and they move it to the other

The rule is you need to make twice your budget to cover the theater cut and the marketing costs

there is no official source you dumbass, only random speculation.
all that has to happen is one site will say "insiders claim this" and every other site will repost the exact same thing.

i know you're probably some asshurt marveldrone but use your brain for a second.

Doesn't this movie need like $625 million just to break even after you consider the advertising cost and the fact that the studio's take is less than 50% of ticket sales?

More like 750-800 mil.
I'm honestly not surprised it's breaking so many August records.

Despite how bad this movie was, there was a point where the trailers 100% caught my interest. Sadly the movie couldn't deliver what the trailer had to advertise, but it definitely is contributing to these occupied theater seats.

no bit less than that and it will be fine.

More like 400M since most of the money is going to be domestic and during the first weeks when the studios take most of the money. That 50% thing is averaging the whole life of the movie, these fast burning flicks are better for the studios and worse for the theaters

naive dipshit.

your nana says you are special, so dont let anyone tell you otherwise

I saw it yesterday
It really sucked. IT WAS SO BORING. Nothing happens - the movie.

Bob actually owns that jacket? He didn't just photoshop it on him? He owns it? and put it on?

Who wouldn't watch a movie with such a deep character like Slipknot.Critics don't know what their talking about insulting the master of ropes.

yeah you're right man this movie needs what was it again? a couple billion right? sure why not

No and No. It got the same Cinemascore as BvS and there's already a 40% drop from Friday. Its completely Front loaded.

Thank you James, we need more of you

This.

For every 1$ (theater gross) they get 1.75$ within the next 10 years (theaters, DVD sales, merchandising, TV). It's less abroad (0.25$ to 0.7$ per $1).

Additionally the costs listed as costs are not really costs. These monies go to their own divisions and shell companies. TV advertising costs paid to their own TV companies are not lost money.

Therefore
1. Ghostbusters (2016) is more profitable than it seems
2. Women hate men and love misandry.

How come for every week a film has to rake in exponentially more money?

Now posters here say you have to make 10x times your budget to break even. A few months ago 6x was enough.

>also it has to make 700mil to break even.
Every time.

Included in the budget. That's why its called a budget.

It's only for DC movies, when Disney does some shit it's just the old rule of twice the budget

No.

It doesn't account for money made back from advertising spots, product placement, etc. The movie will make bank regardless at this point.

By the logic displayed here, Batman Begins, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man 2, Ant Man and Guardians were all flops because they failed to earn more than 4 times their budget, yet were all considered success. The numbers you're pulling don't take in to account how money is actually made in films, and its likely its already made back its budget on the strong opening weekend, toys, advertising spots, product placement, grants, etc, and will continue to make profit from here on.

Marketing costs aren't.
That was one of the comprimises with that transparency law.

It's just shitposting for clicks. If they truly needed that much money, they'd have cancelled all further DC films after MoS failed to make 4x its budget.

Yeah I pretty much look on youtube for a critic that I agree with on a lot of films in the past and listen to what they say.

See

It's a heavily marketed superhero movie with The Joker and Harley Quinn in it, plus Will Smiff. And there's fuck all else on. And it's start of school holidays. You bet it's going to open well. Critical reception and word of mouth is terrible, though. So expect takings to plummet week on week.

>Those digits tho.
HONKA HONKA

>And it's start of school holidays
Whose holidays start in August? It's either right in the middle in America, or just coming to an end in most places in Europe.

It still is nit included in the 'budget' number we see.
They have to report their costs, its the law.
Marketing is excluded from repoeting.

>me Will Smith is a draw meme
Is it the late 90s?

>They have to report their costs, its the law
Why do we never see them report their marketing costs then?

Because it's included in their budget, retard.

Critics have been irrelevant for years.
What really counts after the opening weekend is word of mouth.

Any studio that puts $100 million dollars to market a movie for months will likely get a big opening weekend. Its all about legs for movies now and having bad reviews from critics and bad word of mouth are going to kill this movie.

No it is not.
Thats not a requirement of said law.

Prove your BS

>implying critics are relevant outside of their own minds

Every professional critic could an hero all at once, and only other aspiring critics would cry.

>after today

LMAO dumb newfag

Uh, fuck off back to /r/movies?

And water is wet.

Anyway I just checked and It's made its money back for now (domestic + international).

>seriously
But that's wrong, you're not supposed to watch it seriously.

>how about tailored critics for your own personal taste?

This is what it used to be like before the internet. A critic would sort of represent the readers of whatever publication they were writing for. If you were a 20 year old guy you wouldn't be looking at a women's magazine for your film criticism

>WB/DC has to be the most incompetent studio in Hollywood.

Really, user? You live in a world where Sony exists

Google is your friend.
Movies are considered lang term investments.
As investmebts they must be reported upon.
Marketing is a seoerate endevor you rarlwy get tax breaks for that.

No. Sup Forums always forgets how much product placement brings in. BvS product placement probably paid for half the production

based James

>Mfw even my non-kino enthousiast fb friends hated it

>700 million
meme accountant here it needs 15 billion to even begin gaining profit.

>can't prove his BS
Okay.

Not to mention rebates. Terminator 3 in particular recovered a good 20% of its budget on that alone

>there are people who seriously think that they spent $800 millions on marketing
What happened to humanity?

Has no one here ever talked to someone in real life? It's painfully fucking obvious that average person pays no attention to reviews, never mind an "average score" on a site like Rotten Tomatoes.

My housemate and my other housemate's girlfriend both went to watch the new Zoolander sequel despite it getting universal shat on. When they came back and said it was shit and I asked what they expected based on the reviews it was getting, they said "well we wanted to see for ourselves before judging it".

In a way, they're right, but this is how we have the film industry as it is: selling shit dressed as five star cuisine by using trailers and TV spots.

Normies. Not even once.

It was already reported that only 4% reads reviews but it's been ignored.

This

At least WB/DC make money, Ghostbusters investors must be killing themselves right about now.

What the heck was his problem?

also the movie sucked

We all went to see Finding Dory the other day. Most of us came out of it saying it was a great film. Me and another guy said it was OK, maybe 6/0 at a push, decent night out, made us laugh. One girl said it was amazing and one of the best films she's ever seen.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Yet they're still making money, consistently

>Jack Nicholson Pepe OC.png

I think the idea of a night out alone is enough to elevate a film beyond mediocrity.

Like, watching a film you downloaded slumped over your computer screen is going to be a worse experience than going out with friends. A lot of normies seen to embrace that

Finding Dory was fucking shit. None of the charm of the original movie and it took every single chance available to wring out tears

Well, yeah, I'm willing to watch absolute shlock if I'm at the cinema with a tub of popcorn and my friends. But I still walked out of Jurassic World and apologised to everyone who came with me for making them watch that.

How the fuck do people watch films on their computer alone? I've tried and I just don't seem to have the patience for it

>But I still walked out of Jurassic World and apologised to everyone who came with me for making them watch that.

That sounds more cringe than the actual movie, mate.

>SJW critics try to push Tumblrbusters
>it flops

>SJW critics shit all over Suicide Squad
>it breaks box office records

I dunno, it's something I thought I could take but I just can't. When I got my new monitor last year I went on a downloading binge, but in the end only got through a handful of the shit I downloaded.

Now, I can buy a bluray, invite a few friends over, and enjoy the fuck out of it. I still reckon company makes the film, and a reason most people on here can't seem to enjoy a film for what it is because they're watching it alone.

>I still walked out of Jurassic World and apologised to everyone who came with me for making them watch that.
If true that's maximum autism, user.

I tried watching RoTK a few months ago. 20 minutes in I fast forwarded to Theoden's speech and the charge of the Riders and when that was done I immediately turned it off. There's just to many distractions just a click away when on a computer.

Truth

Back to your holes DCkeks

Why don't you just watch downloaded movies on your tv instead?

That's what I do

Fuck off back to tumblr, Marvlels.