youtu.be/GbaOimehMz4)
youtu.be/woAXh4VeehU
youtube.com/watch?v=k-d6q0ZbC9k
youtube.com/watch?v=pki5Zog5YAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

have you heard the demo cassette yet?

not him but where can i hear this?

is that on youtube?

Everything that Mark makes is very good. I was just listening to this when I saw your thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=svmM_jC3Ev0

JAPAN EEEEEZZ

He's not like the
The other boys around here
He's says nothing and sits in his room
And he's afraid to
And he's afraid to drive a car
So sad he is

WHERE WE SAT LONELY ON THE SAND

fuck, it's me. NEET and 25.

he's also fucking god tier performer, his fingerpicking + singing is unbelievable

His stage banter makes his shows hilarious to listen to as well. He has no problem talking for 5 minutes between songs and saying "fuck you" to an audience member.

this is their demo

The Early Demos are like 2 hours long. 21 is such a fucking jam listen to that

Fuck, I need to hear that, I absolutely love this album

*sobs softly then occasionally smiles but doesn't know why you stopped crying and start to sob again but you can't tell if it's from joy or sadness, you think about how beautiful everything is and- sobs profusely*
JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=fEkAs4BAHiU
His record of cover songs is pretty great too.
One the few musicians who actually does something new and interesting in covers

*makes you say "oh this is beautiful" and goes hard but then you stare at the deep dark chasm of hopelessness in society*

Nothing is fucking beautiful about life on the self-titled record. It's even more miserable than DCH.

What about dragonflies and mistress?

>Grace Catgedral Park

Mistress is a song about suicidal ideation. Dragonflies is a song about lost innocence. Grace Cathedral Park refers to a girl he likes as someone he cannot bring himself to understand due to his inherent sickness. Mark said himself that this was the most emotionally draining album he ever recorded.

>i've had enough of the brutal beatings and name callings, to lose me to this bed, bruised internally eternally

yeah mistress is a pretty happy track

the ending of Strawberry Hill is uplifting: he's isolated but a whole bunch of strangers join in in a welcoming chorus
not to say that it's enough to make it happy, but it has at least a glimmer of hope in the end

The chorus of Strawberry Hill is supposed to be mocking. His relatives are ignoring his underlying mental issues and anhedonia.

This album and Pink Moon are by far my favorite albums. I'm not even depressed, but the music is just so incredible and sincere.

Here's an unreleased song by the way: youtu.be/GbaOimehMz4

Are you talking about the different song mixes? (youtu.be/GbaOimehMz4)
I know they released some form of an album that was of their early stuff, and it's hard to find in full.

(Here's the unreleased song; I messed up the link)
youtu.be/woAXh4VeehU

I really wish more songs from the Rollercoaster sessions, i know there is more that is recorded

found this a few weeks ago, recorded during that time.

pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=k-d6q0ZbC9k

I meant i hope more songs from those session surface somehow, maybe 4AD will do something for a 25th anniversary

Speaking of demos

holy fuck is this good

youtube.com/watch?v=pki5Zog5YAM

His best vocal performance actually.
I love his baritone, hell I even like the way he mumbles shit right now, but his singing on DCH is orgasmic.

bruh that song is super sad

"You know I don't spend days like this
Caught up in lost times of youth that I miss"
"We walked down the hill
I feel the coming on of the fading sun
And I know for sure that you'll never be the one"

"Save me from my sickness and tell me
Why do you treat me like this?"

Does anyone else feel like there's something transcendent about RHP's first two albums?