I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with purchasing gold or diamonds from this vendor

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with purchasing gold or diamonds from this vendor.

Vendor is "Mr. Dubaku" from onion

Bump

Diamonds are traceable if stolen. So they would be pretty much useless if they have been stolen. And since he is selling them on the dark web, I'm willing to bet those diamonds are stolen.

A diamond that size would be nigh unaffordable. I'm already suspicious of this guy.

Not so much stolen. More "unethically" sourced.

Gold (2oz) is roughly 1/3 price of retail. Asking .6bc per 2oz, easy resale for 2k

It's not the size, but rather the cut and clarity or color depending on what type of diamond you want.

Right now he has a 3.9 Ct. diamond. All larger stones ship separately from a second package that has a GIA certified certificate.

Gia is the pcgs of diamond grading. Not to say the docs aren't forged without actually seeing one..

So I take it thats a no?

They are either fake or stolen. Why else would he sell them for cheap on the dark web?

How can a singular diamond be traced? It's not like they have serial numbers

I have studied at the Gemology Institute of America or GIA and i can tell you only some diamonds, a small group of diamonds, are traceable. and even those can be re-cut by a professional into a completely different dimension and slightly smaller weight.

GIA laser engraves serial numbers on diamonds for this reason.

Actually De Beers started laser inscribing there stones with serial numbers years ago.

For resale...

So if there is a certificate from GIA then the diamond has a number o it?

If they were legit he could get full price by selling them on the legal market.

Correct, and thank you. I would say the vast majority of diamonds out there 90+% don't have a laser engraving. Meaning they are untraceable.

And as far as the 3.9ct one goes, it could easily be recut to a smaller size, just get it recertified. The Gia paperwork with it says it's IF, and D in color, which I find hardly believeable.

Gia certificate will have a number in connection to the diamond, but that's all. And there's nothing wrong with that. But to be extra safe it could be recut.

I was just curious if anyone had used them before. The company has been around for years.

Many/most stores, especially large companies won't buy "conflict/blood diamonds". Due to the Kimberly act.

But that's not to say locals or smaller shops wouldn't be interested.

Do you have to be licensed or something to sell diamonds? Or can you just post ads on Craigslist or eBay to sell them?

That's the thing, Craigslist to local collectors, pawn shops, jewelry stores. It's not to say that you can't hop around selling them claiming they're "recovery diamonds" from your grandmothers estate jewelry.

And eBay would work as well.

The main issues are is the seller reputable, and if an issue ever arises the item was mailed to your address so you could be boned.

Bump for curiousity