Anyone else still shocked...

Anyone else still shocked? I'm not sad or upset but it just seems surreal and very hard to comprehend that someone like that would kill himself, though it's easy to say that from the outside looking in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hSg5gfxkgK4
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rc347
detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/05/19/chris-cornell-suicide-police-report/101876200/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You don't know what was going through the guy's head. No one did. This caught everybody by surprise.

I just started wondering what his phone and internet history is. What if someone on Sup Forums told him to kill himself.

Have none of you listened to the lyrics on those Soundgarden albums? He's always been fucked up. It's sad but guys like that really can just go any minute.

The real question is why do toxicology reports take so long?

Was Chris Cornell a shitposter? Has the hacker known as Sup Forums finally been stopped?

i'd like to think he was an avid grimes shitposter and when someone told him to "literally kys" the madman actually did it.

Yep, I still can't comprehend it. Have been watching some tributes during the night and watched the KEXP memorial. I've bben crying a lot.

inb4 it was autoerotic asphyxiation

this

Wasn't depression a theme of the whole fucking genre?

I really liked his solo acoustic stuff. I found out about it on HLN around 9am, they played the Black Hole Sun video, and I thought, oh Soundgarden is touring and maybe a new album. Then text scrolled across the bottom, "Chris Cornell Dead". I almost shit myself.

its weird, before he died i would have never have guessed chris cornell would be someone id be upset over dying but here i am. soundgarden was a big part of my adolescence; im really bummed i never got to see them live. its just a total shame,

have some sg fan art i made in remembrance

Awesome, thank you

i don't care.

I'm not so much shocked by the fact he's dead, but more how he did it and how young he was.

Knowing it was because of the anxiety drugs makes it easier for me and probably for his family too
He wasn't acting consciously

I'm still upset and sad. Never felt that way about a musician/celebrity death before. Been listening to nothing but Soundgarden/Temple of the Dog since I found out.

>browsing Sup Forums
>go to Sup Forums
>see chris cornell picture
>click it
>read thread
>"i don't care"

Ok

>wow what a great gig
>might finish up the night by jacking off looking at myself in the mirror and strangle myself

It hasn't stopped freaking me out especially watching old SG videos. I'm very sad for his death

Damn.

Theyll never admit it though just like they won't admit it for Robin Wiliams

It's weird, I've never been one to care for celebrity death, even if one's i liked, but I felt miserable all day after hearing the news . Even teared up a bit

I listened to every soundgarden album sometimes on a daily basis for years . The lyrics really hit closer to.home than alot of other music and it was like a window into Chris's broken soul. We may not have known him, but we knew some of his deepest and closest thoughts.

Fuck man I wish he didn't do it. Definitely gonna get a 40 oz and pour it out for him

I think he was a bit of a homo right?

It all makes sense
>bodyguard fixes his laptop at 11:30
>goes onto Sup Forums
>new thread: "hey guys, do you like soundgarden"
>"no, fucking kys buttrocker"
>actually does it

>be extremely successful music legend
>have wife
>have kids
>but do a lot of heroin
>an hero
I don't get it; is heroin that bad?

Did Chris even get into the heroin, because as far as I can tell it was alcohol and prescription meds that he struggled with

youtu.be/hSg5gfxkgK4

Auntie Beeb's got a tribute programme on the radio tonight, which I'm going to listen to and some of you might want to as well:
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rc347

That's your own paranoia son

>found in a puddle of shit and piss with your dick in your hand and your eyes bulging out

im fuggin sad

Never heard of Chris doing heroin. As far as I know he was more into coke,alcohol and prescription pills.

oxycontin which is close to heroin apparently

if you look in the videos of the last concert it looks like some of his hair is missing and apparently that can be caused by oxycontin/codone abuse

Since I found out he'd been struggling with prescriptions and that may have influenced his suicide it's made me feel slightly better. But still don't quite believe it.

>bodyguard fixes his laptop at 11:30
Is this really true?

detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/05/19/chris-cornell-suicide-police-report/101876200/
>About an hour before he was found, Cornell had walked off stage with his bandmates about 11:15 p.m. to the raucous cheers of a sellout crowd of more than 5,000 fans.

>Within 15 minutes, Cornell was back in Room 1136 at the MGM, where bodyguard Martin Kirsten helped fix the star’s computer and gave him two doses of an anti-anxiety medicine, according to the police report.

He seemed like one of the most sorted out guys up to this point in his career. He seemed very thoughtful and considerate and normal as a person off the stage.

I assume there are a lot of people here who could relate so I'm hoping that's comes with answers. Suicide is a result of anxiety no? So how does a double dose not onlybfail to reduce anxiety but fail to such a degree that results suicide? What did Chris want from his computer? What did he want that he did not find? I cannot imagine that the answers are not in that computer.

Chris didn't really do heroin, however I did.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Still should be legal though.

Isn't it? Methadone?

It really bums me out. The alternative/grunge era of the late 80s and 90s is my favorite era for music. I'm really bothered by how a legend from that time that I regularly listen to has died, and by suicide no less. I just hope he realized how loved he was at least once in his life.

Nah, just quit. It wasn't fun.

He was also 52 though. Could just be balding.

If Chris could be that successful without a mustache that connects, I just might end up OK.

>I killed myself, threw away my mental health
>But nobody was blinking an eye

What did he mean by this?

He was taking a lot of benzos for anxiety maybe xanax or something. If he had taken enough of them they can make you black out and really make your behavior unpredictable and irradict regardless of how mentally sound you seem sober

Very sad, probably had no intention to kill himself while sober.

im still sad desu

What's more sad young people like me are balding soon than later.

Balding is a result of our ancestors wearing helmets. Think about it.

saw an old SNL rerun last night that had soundgarden on. it's very humbling to see such a legendary band playing on the little SNL stage with no lightshow and fireworks

Yeah, I thought it was really nice of them to show that rerun in tribute. SNL surprisingly has had some pretty good bands on the show throughout the years. Pixies, Fear, The Replacements, Nirvana, Zappa, Patti Smith, Tom Waits, and tons more.

The wife and some others are pushing the pharma drugs angle, nice to have a scapegoat perhaps. They were just benzos though, sedatives, they're addictive, but I've never known them to cause depressed thoughts, quite the opposite ime, but I'm no doctor.

I just can't get my head around the facts that he did it

>when he's got kids, pretty harsh on them

>when he's in the middle of a tour, pretty harsh on the band, fans, organisers, everyone connected, though maybe he wanted to do it and didn't want his wife or kids to be the one to find him so didn't want to do it at home

>he seemed normal and fine, chatting to fans post gig an hour earlier

It seems weird to me, but there's no sign of foul play directly, apparently the door was sealed from the inside, apparently showing that he didn't want anyone to disturb him/stop him.

I don't know much about the guy, but I know about being suicidal, that's all I'm basing my feelings on. I can't help wondering if he had some kind of pressure on him, not just regular life as a rockstar, but some kind of problems with someone that he couldn't deal with.

I just can't help thinking why didn't he wait until the tour was over, it sounds funny to say that, but he was a muso, performing must have been his life, surely he could have waited and enjoyed a few more shows.

Perhaps a dumb question, but how badly does suicide affect a family if anyone here has any first-hand experience?

>it's very humbling to see such a legendary band playing on the little SNL stage with no lightshow and fireworks
how is it humbling to be playing on a show with a bigger audience than hed ever get with his concerts?

I cried my nutsack off.

It's very bad. Know a guy whose sister killed herself and he's been a completely different person ever since.

it destroys families for the most part. It hurts everyone but usually the most responsible parties don't feel any personal guilt and less responsible parties develop an intense anger and hatred towards them
my sister took her life and my mom was a bullying cunt so I destroyed all her belongings and then claimed I wasn't personally responsible for that either
you'll also hate whomever committed suicide eventually. At first you think it was for them to end whatever pain they were suffering but in the end its just horribly selfish. The pain doesn't go away, you just end up spreading it around to all the closest people you may have loved.

I'm so sorry user. I hope you find your peace.

the other thing is also with chris going like this the grunge genre is so much more tragic as a whole, like most of the big stars have killed themselves whether through suicide or drugs. it's sadenning to see someone who seemed to be thriving do something like this

He probably had no anxiety about actually going through with it if he was on benzos.

Haven't lost family through it but have lost a couple of friends to it. That was disbelief, and wondering why, sadness that they felt that way, and extreme frustration, because it was such a waste of beautiful people.

That tends to be the bigger issue with these things is that they can seriously reduce your inhibitions and you end up doing stuff you wouldn't do if you hadn't taken them. My uncle ended up on medication like that and ended up riding round his neighbourhood bollock naked on his motorbike, and didn't understand what was wrong when the police had to go and get him.

It's pretty terrible. One of my classmates my freshman year of high school killed himself. I'd known the kid since 3rd grade when he moved to my elementary school district. His mother just seemed like she'd given up when before she was a typical soccer mom type. His dad was always a nice guy and was just sad afterwards. I saw him a few times at a gas station in town and he'd always stop and talk about how I was doing and whatever. His older brother was kind of a hotheaded jock type, but afterwards he seemed more humble and reserved. I imagine if a father killed himself, it would be even worse.

Yeah. Haven't stopped listening to his music since it happened. Cried like a little bitch

>ended up riding round his neighbourhood bollock naked on his motorbike,
Thanks, man. I pictured that in my head and it made me feel a little better. Hope your uncle's okay, though.

>DUDE KILLING YOURSELF IS SELFISH LMAO

You can't possibly defend this

Not to someone already as selfish as you, no.

that may be true but I'm talking about how they look on stage during the show. they look like some amateur band you could see at a bar from the way it's filmed.

replied to myself by accident, heres my reply to you

He probably wouldn't have killed himself if he was sober but that night he supposedly took to many ativan which are known to cause suicidal thoughts

I've seen my mother on that stuff in the past. The slurred speech thing was very prominent.

It was clearly accidental. Auto erotic asphyxiation

>Auto erotic asphyxiation

Of course, didn't think of that. That makes more sense to me than him killing himself intentionally in the middle of a tour with no suicide note (as a songwriter, he could have written a great one that would have given comfort and closure). And explains why it wouldn't be reported, to save embarrassment for the family.

I think you're probably right.

It literally was though

autoerotic asphyxiation while fully clothed?

Who says he was fully clothed?

Yeah whenever anyone "hangs" themself *cough cough* like Robin Williams *cough* by literally looping a belt around their neck and tugging on it til they die, I have a tendency to suspect some self-fondling was going on.

Like honestly, who actually kills themself like:
>"fuck it I'm doing it"
>"right here in this bathroom"
>"should I write a suicide note? fuck it, no time"
>"now how do I do it?"
>"let's see, I could easily OD on painkillers"
>"could easily slit my wrists..."
>"could buy a gun..."
>"fuck it I'm in a hurry I'll just whip my belt off and choke myself to death with it right here on the toilet"
>"yes this is how I want to die"

I was looking forward to seeing Soundgarden in Houston this week, and was shocked to find out the news. I was browsing the internet and thought it was click bait, but was deeply saddened when it was the truth.

Chris Cornell and his music was always there for me when I was alone and on the road, through heroin withdrawals and a lot of bad places in my life.

For someone that had 3 kids and seemed to be in a good place, I was shocked.

Hanging yourself is a pretty good way to kill yourself.
It has a very low chance of failure because even if your neck doesn't snap like it's supposed to, eventually you'll choke to death.
Taking a lot of painkillers could still fail and then not only are you still alive when you don't want to be, you're fucked up now. Slitting wrists too.

Yeah hanging is a good way to go. Don't know if I'd call sitting on the toilet and tightening a belt around your neck "hanging," but apparently we're doing that now, so...

Cornell didn't go that way though, he used an exercise band looped around a carabiner attached to the top of the frame of the bathroom door. If he was jerking off he did a bloody awful job of it from the get go.

You black out long before you choke to death too, if you properly cut off your jugular veins, so you don't even need to feel the suffocation.
Source: I watched Marcus Jannes do it.

Makes sense, he was on tour and in a hotel room after all.
It's not like he was just carrying a big rope around to make a noose with.

An exercise band and carabiner makes more sense, in that context.

I still say "choking" is a more appropriate word than "hanging." If your method of self-execution has 0% chance of breaking your neck and 100% chance of restricting oxygen to your brain, then you choked yourself to death.

People don't like to say "choke" because it sounds sexual, and there's a reason for that.

Overdose can cause anxiety and suicidal thoughts