What does Sup Forums think of Atlin...

What does Sup Forums think of Atlin, a small but growing tourist-town in northwestern British Columbia near Alaska and Yukon?

>a small but growing
nice
>tourist-town
dropped

British Columbia rains to much.

I want to live in USA

Never heard of it, probably too far from anything judging by the location.

Only parts of it. Some of BC is fairly arid. Look at the region around Cache Creek, for example. Take Highway 7 from Osoyoos north in the summer. Or stop by Lillooet. It's fucking hot and fucking dry.

Highway 97, I mean.

I love him.

>tourist-town
I thought it was mostly Worst Nations

All I know about the northern BC coast is that it's full of densely forested islands and the Tlingit & Haida live there.

What do you think of the Prince George area?

Being the only biggish town in that part of BC I'm interested to know about it.

Never been but it can't be too shabby

I wanna live there, what do?

Prince George is probably the singular weirdest place in Canada. Not because it special or anything, but that it's wholly unremarkable and relatively small. The entire area is a relatively massive flat plateau with some of the only farm land(grazing mostly) in BC. It's also really mild for Canada too with a proper 4 seasons and good summer. If it's in any other province in Canada this place has a population of like 3 million

Yeah; I haven't spent all that much time in PG (less than a month in total), but it's kind of like a tiny little sibling of Edmonton or something. It even has mall called Pine Centre that was pretty explicitly built to copy the success of the West Edmonton mall, but it's Prince George, so, it's relatively small.

Upsides: Rather affordable in terms of rents/real-estate; surrounded by "the outdoors" in all directions, a lot of "community spirit" (I went to a Cougars major-junior hockey team game and it was as intense as a political rally or something), more services than its size would indicate due to its isolation (airport, hospitals, university, etc.), people are generally welcoming, and the city itself is easy to navigate and has plenty of room.

Downsides begin with the HORRIFIC MOSQUITOES in the summer that breed on the rivers. My God. If you get near marshy areas, you will be killed. There is a fair amount of substance abuse and alcoholism that can be a bit off-putting in parts of town, especially at night. It's not particularly close to other places. And its population is gently declining over time, which means that economic opportunity is kind of limited. Also, if the wind drifts the wrong way, you can get hit with the scent of the nearby paper mills.

I guess it kind of feels like an older Canada relative to cities like Vancouver. There are a lot of people who have been there since they were born, and like it that way. If you can adjust to the culture, it's a good place to be. And the views from the University of Northern BC are beautiful at night; that's where I took girls.

Noice, thank you.

It seems to be an interesting place.

How the fuck would you know what a tourist town is like? Nobody gives a fuck or goes to Argentina

They do have Bariloche in southern Argentina. It looks nearly alpine from pictures but I don't know shit about it.

>Kelowna metro area is the fastest growing in BC by % and has been for 20 years
Northern crawl's already begun boys, now to wait

>Tfw no rocky mountain trench farm in BC
Literally no point in living

It seems so strange to have a foreigner know so much about such an insignificant place.

Are you a Canadian expat?

I'm an Alaskan

I like to know about places, the other Ameriposter seems to either get lost on the road to Alaska a lot or he's from Canada.

Neat, I'm assuming you drive through BC a fair amount?

Nope, I just google earth around there a lot

I wrote the PG post; I'm from the US but lived in the Vancouver area for several years for work. Vancouver became spectacularly expensive, so I ended up self-deporting, but the experience was quite nice.

Any reason why?
I have friends there, and it seems like a nice town, but out of all the places you could street view tour, it seems like an odd choice.

I live in the Vancouver area

No, I never street viewed there. I just go there sometimes and enter geopolitical autism, and run a few google searches on the locations I know nothing about