Why is it that in horror movies if there is a sole survivor it is almost 99% of the time a female and never a male...

Why is it that in horror movies if there is a sole survivor it is almost 99% of the time a female and never a male, the only exception I can think off of hand is Wolf Creek.

So women get something out of seeing a movie that isn't a romantic comedy.

women are generally physically weaker than dudes and this makes them more vulnerable and sympathetic when a slasher villain is coming for them i guess

>feeling sympathy for a woman
Shiggy diggy.

I saw a movie that took place with cannibals in a sub way once
it was really fucking good, had some Italian guy who actually listened to me when I was telling him what to do
The lone survivor was the lead male, his love interest got shanked.

The name was something to do with like.. coming of age or whatever. Rutting season, idk. It was the dude's birthday celebration or something.

Also you reminded me there's the Stephen King movie with the giant rat bat at the end, I know this because the woman gets shanked and it's really disappointing for some reason since she was trying to help the hero fight but was doing a shit job of helping then the human antagonist just stabs her.
Hero man is the lone survivor there too.

I'd like to stand up and say something feminist like "lol cuz the guy is dumb" but realistically the killer is going to take out the biggest threat first. That's just science.

I thought the biggest lovers of horror films were women and gay men.

But in most horror movies everyone dies. The last survivor usually just dies at the very end during the "surprise, the monster/murderer isn't dead after all"-sequel hook scene, right before it cuts to black and the credits roll.

Deep Blue Sea

Actually now that I think of it Wolf Creek 2 also had a male lone survivor, they really broke the mold going 2 for 2.

Evil Dead

I'm a huge horror fan and I'm straight. I just jerk off to really feminine traps/trannies sometimes.

A better question would be why do people in horror movies always split up, as if they never saw any horror movie.

The Mist

That fucking movie makes me not want to visit Australia

Splitting up is fine if you're looking for an exit or weapon, but it's retarded when the other people don't automatically assume that Dick McFaggot is dead when he doesn't show up again.

Of course, splitting up when against something like The Thing is just asking for it.

Why not? You wouldn't jump at the chance to drive through the Outback?

Didn't The Hills Have Eyes have 2 male survivors?

I don't want to get killed or rape caved for being a BLADY FAKIN TOURIST, friendo
And of course I'd never be found it's the fucking Outback

yea

What the fuck dude

Would Misery count as a "male sole survivor" film?

The original or the remake?

Graveyard Shift?

It does not follow the conventions of a slasher, I'd describe that movie as more of a drama, or thriller.

>not a slasher
He didn't ask if it was.

Yeah Graveyard shift
What?

No but the thread did. YOu don't see me over here going, "Hay guise is The Notebook a male sole survivor film?" because I understand how the fucking thread works, dicknuts.

Fuck off, retard. Stop assuming everyone wants to discuss slashers just because other posters in a horror thread are.

you know there are movies before 2009 ?

watching The Ruins because I heard Jena Malone and Laura Ramsey put on a BAREFOOT VULNERABLE FEMALE horror movie meme CLINIC in it. 10 mins in, they're already doing "the pose", curling their toes, and touching each other with their feet.

Actually, in Cabin in the Woods, the virgin final sacrifice would've died before the stoner, due to extreme blood-loss and exhaustion. But then he would've died immediately after from the ancients getting off their dimensional couches.

I was so happy when she got fucked up after choosing to try to kill the stoner

fun movie, worth watching just for this scene.

>perfect feet, incredibly sexy anklet

whedon may be a fag, but the man knows female feet

Texas Chainsaw Massacre copycats.

Stag Night?

Black Christmas best slasher.

Horror movies are, at heart, usually films about women in peril. Audiences find this titillating, and just as we want the women we don't like (the sluts, the mean girls, the bitches) to get cathartically culled by whatever force is pursuing the protagonist, we want payoff. The female lead we like surviving is a reward for the audience sticking it through, and provides some kind of satisfaction in the viewer.

both men and women feel more protective of women than men, so the viewer is driven to be more emotionally invested.

They would use children if they didn't have to deal with child actors and the morality police.

Actually those are mostly horror movie thread posters.

It's literally called the final girl. This board knows nothing about film.

Finished The Ruins. I think it would get Sup Forums approval.

>two hot girls in their 20s terrorized by a tentacle plant.

>jena malone doing her usual hot nerdy girl thing, wearing nerd girl glasses, and cute pink flip flops in the mexican jungle. eventually loses said flip flops

>hot blonde girl gets preggers by the plant, drives her insane and she starts team killing the party members.

final girl situation of course