The Killing Joke fucking rocked. How the fuck is this less popular than Suicide Squad which was horrible?

The Killing Joke fucking rocked. How the fuck is this less popular than Suicide Squad which was horrible?

Joker's legit here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's one of the hottest action Batman scenes around.

Everything that was good about it either came from the comic or Mark Hamill's performance.

It was a really uninspired and cheaply made adaptation with an unnecessary cringeworthy batgirl subplot added at last minute to pad the running time. Just aggressively mediocre.

Probably still better than Suicide Squad. I'm not going to bother watching that.

...I think it's a bit weird to fuck your co-worker's daughter. Just saying.

Because the animation was the joke

I never got why this arc was so popular

It's the one-shot that turned Batman into the grimdark Batman we know today. It basically set the tone for everything that followed

We've discussed it to death already, general consensus is it's fucking horrible. Bad animation, unnecessary batgirl story thrown on, lazy voice acting.

Since when are Batman and Gordon co-workers? Is Gordon secretly Robin?

bullet to the spine

Alan Moore the hack making comics for grown ups and big boys just like me!

What do you mean? Batman works with Gordon all the time. I dunno how far apart they are in age, but sleeping with friends' daughters is weird, no matter how you put it.

>How the fuck is this less popular than Suicide Squad which was horrible?
is that a serious question? have you never considered anything outside the actual films themselves?

It was the comic that turned Joker from that-clown-guy to the essential Batman villain, it set-up the whole, "Is Batman walking the line between sanity and madness?" thing which has been one of his defining traits ever since, and it was part of the whole Alan-Moore-ruins-comics-and-blames-everybody-else saga.

I understood what Joker was trying to do but they took a too roundabout way trying to convey it.
Joker's "everyone in the world is just one bad day away from where I'm standing" should have been the emphasis and the main theme to build the story around
along with Batman's "may be it's not the world, it's just you"

Animation is terrible. Artstyle is just average, which is a heavy negative when the trippy artstyle was such a huge part of the original comic. The Babs storyline was boring, mostly unnecessary, and just fucked her character up entirely. Voice direction was terrible, felt like they just accepted the first take of everything so despite having Conroy and Hamill they feel flat a lot of the time. And that's not even to go into the changes to the actual source material.

It was a bad film. We got Monkey Paw'd.

>what is the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams run

>Animation is terrible
stopped reading there because i really liked the animation even though i don't watch anything related to animation. name a good animated movie so i can see what it looks like.
inb4 chinese cartoons.

Yeah I don't get it.
Instead of fucking his daughter he should've just raped the joker and this whole thing could've been avoided.

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E then watch any scene from The Killing Joke to understand what I mean.

Don't you have some feminist issue to campaign about Sup Forums?

the scene direction and coregraphy is good here, not the animation

Because the first 28 minutes ruined it. And it's an overrated story.

IT WAS JUST SEX FOR GOD'S SAKE CLARK!

>muh stopped reading there!

You're a fucking retard

Someone takes the time to present a very valid critique of why this particular title was less than stellar and you sperg out like a fucking faggot

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you're unable to actual read valid criticism to ascertain not just a one sided narrative.

You're the equivalent of a Tumblr feminist SJW who gets triggered and closes their ears to facts going lalalalala when someone tells them niggers are 12% of the population yet commit over 50% of homicide

No all three are good. Look at the movements, the amount of individual frames each of them take, how things like hair and clothing sways in a natural way, and the speed alters based on the actions of the characters rather than just being a slideshow throughout.

IT WAS JUST SEX FOR GOD'S SAKE CHARLES!

Dark knight returns and year one grim darked everything. Success of watchmen as well.

Batman went full fucking Bojack Horseman.

That movie was terrible, the only good part is the second have of the movie (the actually comic). The fucking filler of BatmanXBatgirl is fucking cancer. I get the fact that they were trying add character to Batgirl, but they didn't have to do it so horribly.

I was really hoping this movie would be one of the best DC animations film. I was sadly wrong.

It was an awkward start but when the train hit Joker station it was worth the wait.

Batman leaves no emotional attatchments he can go about his job like nothing happened the next day

They were both awful