I've been unemployed for a few months. Now I can't find work. I've got so much free time, I'm going out of my mind...

I've been unemployed for a few months. Now I can't find work. I've got so much free time, I'm going out of my mind. I want to put my energy into something.

what should I do Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqgAy3h4OM
store.steampowered.com/app/578080/
steamcommunity.com/id/KAIIRU/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

an hero

Work out.

that was quick

I need someone to QC my manga scanlation, so get on the stick you little shit.

I've been starting to get back into this. For some reasons it's harder for me to get back into it when I have unlimited time, vs going before work

I don't know what the fuck you just said, but i'm not opposed to helping out

I've actually thought about starting to stream on twitch, or making youtube vids. But I can't stand video games for more than an hour or two and idk what to make vids on.

I also used to make picture frames and shit, but I don't really have the funds to keep that going

like anyone here

>"working", actualy having to go to a room with bunch of others retard like me that can't find a work
>maybe 3h max per day, not even every day of the week
>470$ without working 1 years

kek

well, what's the alternative?

also, wut

You just need to find the right motivation. If you're in-between jobs and you're physically weak, I'd recommend that you get in shape and learn a trade, like plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc. That's only if you don't want to head to academia.

More of your pic [un]related

i cant find a job because i dont have any qualification. stoped school because i couldnt finish it (had to make 2x 1 month in an enterprise, but couldnt find one that accepted me)
so i found something EU pay those who are in their 18-25 years and never worked to help us find a job or something we would like to do.

it last a month with others guys, then 11 month of searching enterprises that accept us to see their work, 2 weeks max per enterprise.

i get paid something like 500$ (470€) per month, a year 5600... lol

that's actually my preference user.

latest job I applied to was installing ponds. I actually have experience with that kinda shit, but they passed me over because I smoke (not on the job), but the guy didn't like that, so..

I thought maybe I should apply to DISH or comcast or someshit.

Swing for the fence, OP!

Get that paper!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqgAy3h4OM

i dont know how i can explain it...

it's a traineeship "job", i'm a month with others guy. they ask us what we would like to do, help us find jobs that are related to what we want. then after, 11 month or traineeship.

Just curious, but what country are you in? If you're in the US, you could've just told them you didn't, and if they pushed the issue, you could've passed a drug test. I'm no paralegal, but my gut is telling me that it's illegal for them to ask you about your drug use in an interview. Just be sure to stop smoking while you're applying for work.

damn.. so what, if they decide you're a good worker they might actually hire you?

seems like rather than hire 11 guys for 3 hrs a week, they could hire one guy.

I would love to start my own shit, but I don't have any capital for that. I'm in TX and I think a NY style deli would be great in my area, but I've got no funds, and being unemployed has put me in debt

I'm in US, and I assumed they meant cigarettes..

she asked if I smoked and I told her at work I only need one before and after work, and at lunch.

I guess the guy I would be working with doesn't like people smoking in his truck and I told her I don't smoke like that and if he doesn't like me smoking, I won't smoke

it's not even a job tbh. it's something like a school.
just helping us to find a job, for 470€ per month. why bother searching something else lol

More often than not, 'normal jobs' create more stress in our lives than just sitting at home. Take your rest, it is well deserved man. But just set your sights on something. Deep inside you there is a yearning for a life without boundaries, a life existing out of the normal sphere. And when you sit in silence at night, turn away from the computer or tv screen, and listen... where do you want to be? What do you envision for yourself? A home, or a skill, or a nature of being, a reconnection between past misunderstandings... it will echo through your mind, through your bones and skin and hair and to everyone who's gaze meets yours, to everyone you touch and share with. Listen to that voice, follow it, without limiting yourself, without expectation of your performance, without fear of what others may think, do it for the sake of you living on, to make a beautiful life, one more beautiful than before you came here. Look up, brother. Hermano.

shit in your hands and rub it on your chest

hobbies?
scan all newspapers and uni job portals for part time and odd jobs

similar situation here
working at a museum and a undertaker company atm

can you live on that? That wouldn't pay my rent.. barely half of it

If I could spend my time in any way, I would want to do some primitive technology (youtube guy) shit. build my house in the woods and grow my own food. But I don't want to be a homeless person. Plus I have so much shit that I can't just throw away.

I haven't looked at any newspapers, thanks for the tip.

There's a lot of strip centers around me, so I've applied at a lot of places there and I've applied online at some of the big spots around me, home depot, lowes.

I think I fucked up my lowes application, by trying to show my "power level" during the test they make you take

Join the local Mosque, they will hook you up.

You don't have to go to Syria if you don't want to, but learning the coran is gonna help you in life in general. And it takes some time to learn all the verses by heart, so you will be able to invest your energy in something useful.

Also, I don't know in which country you are, but usually the guys at the mosque will help you with a lot of stuff.

Good luck mate, may God be with you.

Cheers.

best thing is to check all your channels in the morning. scan newspapers for jobs, websites (also local and citiy council types) and uni jobs as well.

promotion and marketing jobs are the worst kind. I'd recommend not even touching those. with two or three odd jobs, if you have good control over your finances, you can earn a decent living. takes time.

LOL

Westerners are so brainwashed, and so self-loathing, that anything but good ol' Christianity will do.

Buddhism, Islam, New Wage, but God forbid joining a Bible study group. That just wouldn't be trendy and liberal at all.

Why is marketing bad? Just curious.

How long after entering the mosque as a white, American, male, who is also a veteran of the afghan war, will my throat be slit?

no i cannot live from that. i live with my parent i'm 21. but yeah, if you dont live with your parent or with friends...

not him, but i would assume it require you to be very good at selling stuff to people, having great idea that would put the client in a state of "i fucking need this"

why don't you go back to school?

Sales is all about manipulation and capitalizing on weakness. That's why they call good salesmen sharks.

when i i left school, i was so mad and lost faith in myself. i barely talk to anyone outside my family. I'm very shy, and since then i'm even more... afraid of everything outside, of everyone's (and their reaction to what i could say) and with the terrorist attack... i'm racist as fuck and any nigger is a terrorist for me.

yeah, manipulation is something i hate. here in france it's the election for the next president in a week... media are so manipulating idiots that incredible lol

I quit my job as well. Now I'm about to spend next few months gaining skills to get a better one.

Maybe you should consider doing the same? Requalify to do something more interesting and carry on.

i would... but i feel like since i stopped school i've became retarded. very shy, and lost faith in anything on this world including myself. i'm never happy of what i'm doing with my hands.

since i'm kid i already wanted to get my own bmw e34 (parent had one, it was so nice). this is the only thing that make me still running. I'm not suicidal at all, but this really turn me on. Dont even need the more powefull, or in 100% good condition. one without rust and still running is all good

How did you feel when your country lost the war in BOTH Iraq and Afghanistan?

The world's first military super power getting rekt by some shepherds in sandals.

Good job!

marketing and advertisement to me is literally selling your soul to the devil
i'd an hero before i would go anywhere near those fields
you either talk people into buying shit they never needed in the first place
or you create text and images that are intellectual waste to all of society

marketing agencies use primal instincts to get your attention
>pic related, every second ad features a shocked face these days
advertisement is obscene junk that polutes the mind

sorry for the rant

take a run, go biking, go do anything

that the truth. nothing more to add.

You should try getting freelance, I mean if you are skilled enough.

How do you know?

I feel it's more like one company will convince me to buy THEIR product instead of the competition. Implying I am actively seeking that product or trying to fulfill a need.

They won't just convince me to buy something if I never wanted it before.

Or maybe I can't notice it, because I have depression and no real "desires" or "feelings".

with the last funds you have, buy me battlegrounds. Then worry about yourself

want: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
store.steampowered.com/app/578080/

ID: KAIIRU
steamcommunity.com/id/KAIIRU/

I get the being shy thing.. it's kinda weird. I was working at a hardware store. So doing retail and dealing with people everyday. But spending so much time alone, I feel weird as fuck just going to the store. Especially after spending so much time on Sup Forums I can't have a conversation without immediately attempting to steer it towards politics and how fucked up the world is..

I had this double date with my gf's friend to play arkham horror (awesome boardgame), and I couldn't stand actually talking to these people. The other bf mentioned his job, and rather than ask him about it, my immediate thought was "idc about what you do" and the conversation awkwardly stalled.

For me the reason for getting together was to play the game, anything else was a waste of time. I had no enjoyment from talking to these people about their shitty lives and the stupid things they do, outside of playing board games. This was not how everyone else viewed the event.

didn't mean to go off on a tangent there....

let's not get distracted by the notion of "creating desires"
I'm talking about ads, ads all over the fucking place
obscene, idiotic ads; annoying "bad whistling" jingles on the radio
babies crying in ads in the supermarket to get your attention
I'm saying marketing and advertising is a fucking abomination
target groups, average interests and all

get an job u dumbmass fuvkin lazy makin ecsuses n shit

i'm a decent writer and with all this free time I follow politics incessantly. How do you become freelance?

there's a difference between you, who probably thinks along the lines of "I don't need this, I won't buy it," and the person who spends his weekends walking around best buy oogling that 60 inch TV. Or the husband and wife looking at new tile for their kitchen in home depot.

You talk to these people and they have 100 reasons why they shouldn't buy it, but none of that shit matters. You find their weakness (the reason for their desire) and you capitalize on it, minimizing the downsides. You make them buy it.

someone like you, who walks into the store, knowing what they need, you're not the target. but for every one of you there's 10 others who just need a reason to buy.

why should I buy this for you?
what is your paypal?

woops didn't actually read the whole post..

why should I buy this for you?

$30 for an early access game?

You're either the developer, or a complete idiot. I'm sorry user, I was actually considering it, but not for such shit.

Can you get me the game Squad?

why should I buy you the game Squad?

again...... $40 for an early access game

you're either dev or idiot

I have no job, literally. I do have a degree, but can't compete with other people when I have depression. So I'm living off my savings for now and trying to learn something online on how to make money by myself.

It's hard, because I have no motivation. So I either do nothing or I come here. Yep, a waste of time.

Actually, I'm on my brother's laptop and don't have Steam here, so I won't be able to activate it right away. I'm currently away from home, all the way until September.

Anyways, you can buy the game to someone else, because I'll probably kill myself before returning home. Thanks for doing buying games to people by the way.

I wish I was rich so I could buy unexpected gifts to people and make them happy, because I can't be happy myself with this shit-ass depression.

The worst part of my post... is that everything in it is true. Sigh.

Yeah, it's early access, but it's in a good state. There are plenty of videos online, and there is even a WWII mod... for an early access game.

It requires team-play and strategy. It's really a fun game (I played Project Reality 2, which was made by the same people).

You should get it for yourself, but just check for promos, because it sometimes goes 50% off plus free weekend.