So what do you think Sup Forums

So what do you think Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

www72.zippyshare.
youtube.com/watch?v=vtwAwcHADEE
youtube.com/watch?v=U1Kfpmlu1sU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a lot different then what I expected but I like it nonetheless. That being said, it's kendrick so I feel like people are going to say it's way better than it actual is. I've already seen people saying this album solidifies him as the GOAT, which is ridiculous in my opinion. While some may say comparing it to his past albums is like comparing apples to oranges due to differing styles, I think it's pretty clear that is a step down from his TPAB and GKMC. That's not to say that it isn't good, just below what he's released in the past. People saying he's the GOAT are pretty delusional if you ask me. Especially, if they're using this album and his consistent greatness as the focal point of their argument.

6.5/10

Haven't heard yet, you got a link?

www72.zippyshare.
com/v/FyNxSjwn/file.html

This album fuckin sucks.
Kendrick hasn't put out anything to be mentioned in the same breath as the all time greats.
Get this fuckin nig nog out of here

shutchyo bitch ass up
fo you GET Rekt hoe

Who do you rate as an all time great?

I thought this was a coon hate thread, sorry 'bout that folks.

I'm listening to it now, please don't tell me this is another album about blacks being secretly better than white people with political references all through it ((((((((((tpab))))))))))

youtube.com/watch?v=vtwAwcHADEE

DNA goes so hard holy shit

Just listened to it and thought the same thing, I hate his subtle "we wuz kangs" undertone though, really puts me off

Literally anybody else. Tswift you fucking faggot go suck a niggers dick

TPAB was literally more critical of blacks than whites

How's 10th grade?
Everyone hates niggers. Not all black men are niggers. You'll learn the difference one day

You didn't even understand any of the references in that album, let's be honest.

you clearly don't know dick about rap music

I disagree. It's definitely critical of blacks but looking deeper in the songs it's still all about their black heritage pride and how it's the white man society that poises them, not their tiny half ape brains

You're just a white kid trying to validate yourself listening to an album made by a black person, for black people. Let's be honest

>kendrick's just bitching about being black in america.

congrats, you're fucking basic

RTJ3 is better. Less up it's own ass with racial politics.

I like Kendrick but I don't think I could ever consider him one of the greatest let alone the GOAT. I mean I wouldn't consider any one of his songs to be better than any one song on the Illmatic album.

*This*

If nobody told anybody else that it was Kendrick Lamar it would be basic as fuck

I mean is he even better or that much better than any of his contemporaries like J.Cole, Earl Sweatshirt, or Joey Bada$$?

Kendrick is my favourite rapper. I enjoyed a lot of songs throughout tpab. But if you think half of kendricks music isn't just that, black sympathy songs, you're retarded. He has said countless times in interviews how hard it is being black in america

This is better than Joey Bada$$ by far, imo its pretty good but not as good as TPAB and GKMC

Personally I think the concept of a GOAT (and even the abbreviation) is fucking dumb.

Nobody is the greatest, because music isn't like some kind of shitty athletics race where there's a first place. You only get this trash in hip hop - nobody is arguing who is the GOAT rock band (although they'd probably sound like this: youtube.com/watch?v=U1Kfpmlu1sU )

This is the truth. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I mean, some musicians are certainly more musically skilled than others, but unless whatever music two artists make is of the same genre and style, it's not even comparable

Personally prefer to listen to J Cole or Earl Sweatshirt any day.

J Cole gets a lot of hate for being 'boring', but 2014 FHD was imo way more enjoyable that TPAB - which, whilst different and edgier, sounded like shit due to the production. And Earl Sweatshirt's flow is a little monotonous, but the wordplay is really interesting and the production is heavy. Also he has dope videos.

Literally only retarded kids that follow whatever is cool go on about J cole being bad. I find the kids who listen to the xxl freshman rappers now that trash j cole with their retarded memes are the ones that were bumping him the hardest 2 years ago. That being said I only like a few j cole songs, he's not really my style.

RTJ3 has less edge I think. They tend to be more about the music than the message.

Kendrick Lamar is the rap equivalent of hipster and is the opposite of RTJ. Using a lot of uninspired trap beats to make political songs.

>uninspired trap beats
Have you even listened to TPAB

I agree with your comments about him being a "rap hipster" and always making songs with political content but idk where you got trap beats from, his production is pretty unique with a focus on the jazz/rap fusion