I really liked this movie, what's some similar surreal anime like this?

I really liked this movie, what's some similar surreal anime like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-H_YOcYTM
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
anime-planet.com/anime/tags/abstract
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Inception is better

I don't get why people always say Inception ripped it off. They aren't anything alike other then they deal with people entering each other's dreams. These aren't the only 2 movies to ever come up with a plot like that.

Anime is shit
Western animation is superior

Perfect Blue

I don't know another movie like it, but I'd recommend you a The cat returns. I'm not sure if it's surreal or just fantastical, but it's definitely a great ride.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-H_YOcYTM

Paranoia agent

it's neat huh

not sure I've see nanything else like it though

go shitpost elsewhere, this is a japenese culture site

>japenese culture site

fist of the north star

Cat Soup

Mind Game is very similar to it, though it's far sillier and much more confusing and eclectic than Paprika is for a casual. Though if all you want is a psych experience, this movie should be enough for you

You should also try checking out Oshii's filmography.

>surreal
Mawaru Penguindrum
Welcome to the NHK

THERES LIKE 5 FUCKING BOARDS FOR ANIME STOP TAKING THIS SHIT TO A BOARD THAT HAS TO ACCOMIDATE BOTH TV AND FILM ALONE WITHOUT YOUR FUCKING GOOKIMATION

Tekkon Kinkreet
serial experiments lain

This latest anime by Makoto Shinkai.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Kaiba. There's another surreal anime. Also, Texhnolyze could be considered surreal.
Maybe Kino no Tabi?

FUCKING LEL!

I'm sorry, you can go start another couple dozen Suicide Squad threads if you want

vampire hunter D
ghost in the shell
akira

I'd recommend Neo Tokyo t bh.

btfo

How could you forget Tatami Galaxy

watch paranoia agent

Serial Experiments Lain

anime-planet.com/anime/tags/abstract