So first my mom accuses me of smoking weed, which im not doing...

so first my mom accuses me of smoking weed, which im not doing. then my dad asks me to go out for some ice cream and then searches my room. finds an old straw and a card claiming I'm snorting my sleep medicine. the pills are in capsules and I can't snort like 1600mg or I'd prolly choke. im just baffled by all this bc my mom is getting old and now she's crazy.

Relatable. My mom keeps accusing me of smoking pot because my eyes are red even though I dont smell like it and have never done drugs in my life.

>go out for some ice cream

fuck off with your bullshit asshole

yeah man, are women just stupid?

it's like 75 degrees here.. time for ice cream idk man

lmao who the fuck cares about smoking weed, or any drugs.

get out of your moms house.

this isnt the 1950s faggot

What kind of sleep pills do you take if you'd need 1.6g?

I have a place but I'm home from college rn on spring break

Gabapentin. Such a weak drug, need a bunch.

>seizure meds

thats so desperate i shouldn't be laughing

Gabapentin? As sleep pills?
Change your doctor and/or pharmacist if they think this is the right stuff.

Wiki says it's prescribed for insomnia

I dunno in which country but I can say it's pretty stupid. It can be used for it, as any depressant, but there's a plethora of drugs that are better. Unless you have some intolerances etc. you could as well have a pint for the same effect.

any depressants are poor choices for sleep aid in the long run. sleep, however, is required for human functioning. its a trade off.

drinking alcohol every single day is a hell of a lot worse than taking a GABA derivative every day.

whoever is prescribing it for sleep probably knows the patient is DD and wont prescribe the good stuff

>any depressants are poor choices for sleep aid in the long run
This is true. Melatonin could be used for longer run AFAIK but I did a little research on it.
>drinking alcohol every single day is a hell of a lot worse than taking a GABA derivative every day
Gabapentinoids would put less strain on the liver but overall they are addictive as well. Obviously not nearly as bad as benzos and z-drugs but still.

Sorry for sorta hijacking the thread but my occupational curiosity wins.

gaba for sleep is probably a last resort. I can;t think of anything worse for sleep than a drug meant for epileptics

Fucking this man, you're fucking around with anti-epileptic when you could just take a fucking ambien, or if your doc feels like being an ass trazodone.

Hell man can you even get high off that stuff? Why would you want to?

First-gen antipsychotics? OP get gabapentin for insomnia so I guess he could even get prescribed these.

>ambien
Z-drug. Veeery bad in long run. But tbh aside from melatonin I don't know much about I can't think about any drug that wouldn't be harmful in long term.

been on ambien for years, short term memory has decreased a bit from what I can tell but stick to 5mg a night and you'll be fine.

So how many days can you stay without taking it?
I assume you take it every day.

Fuckin Gabapentin? The VA gives that shit out for everything. Back pain? HAVE SOME GABAPENTIN! Anxiety? HAVE SOME GABAPENTIN! It doesn't work for shit, nothing they prescribe works for shit. These days you have to be your own pharmacist, research the shit that actually works, for whatever reason docs prescribe garbage, probably for kickbacks/insurance shills

>back pain
Depends on origin of the pain. Gabapentin is quite effective for neuralgia. Otherwise it won't really help.
>anxiety
It may work. Generally there are no good drugs for anxiety that don't have horrible side effects.
Overall it's mostly an antiepileptic.

What's VA?

Department of Veterans Affairs

Sounds to me like some organisation that tries to save monniez everywhere possible.
Gabapentin is cheap and has a quite decent safety margin, so they may not be too concerned about effectivity.

that shit doesnt work, what do you all like about this shit?

again and again i see these threads where idiots are pushing gabapentin on everyone

is this the new "install gentoo?"

I'm not saying I like it. I just can see they are not concerned about patient's welfare as much as they are about saving money and covering their asses in case someone develops a stomach ulcer from ketoprofen.

It is fine as antiepileptic though.

It's next "sad but true".

>again and again i see these threads where idiots are pushing gabapentin on everyone
I didn't come here for quite a long time and last time I posted was at least a year ago. I never noticed a lot of meds talk tbh.