If VLC is garbage then what's the best pc media player?

If VLC is garbage then what's the best pc media player?

>he fell for the vlc is bad may may

thats only propagated by Sup Forums faggots

mpc-hc with proper codec setup

vlc is not garbage, it's pretty good.
autistis anime watchers don't like it.
i use mpv on linux.

this

pot player is great, plays everything

Vlc is fine. It used to be shit

Windows media player

Without any codec it's still better than VLC

This if you're autistic enough not to use vlc but not autistic enough to use something made by chinks

mpc hc but sometimes it won't open the subtitles so then I go back to vlc

MPC-HC if you like an interface, mpv if you like tweaking for a better result (out of the box it plays videos fine).

how do you stop vlc from sending data?

What data? Crash reports?

MPC-HC + madVR, setup in less than 10 minutes for the best quality playback.

Anything else is Jewry.

I switched from VLC to MPC-HD ever since I was watching an mkv file and VLC could only display artifacts

vlc triggers me it resizes its window all the time i view different file it sucks

VLC isn't garbage by any means, but I don't like the aesthetic so I use SMPlayer.

i have never had major problems with vlc, though i did sometimes have these wierd artifacts on certain parts of videos but that has largely dissapeared
VLC is fine
especialy if you just want to watch a movie or show and don't want to bother with codecs or other such nonsense

Untick the "resize interface for video source" on Preferences.

mpc-hc + madVR is the only solution

VLC shitters should go back to reddou

Where have you been these 2 years?

mpv all the way. Even for Windows.

>seeking in VLC

windows media player and MPC-HC

use VLC for corrupted/broken/unfinished files

BSplayer - is the only one that searches subtitles automatically. Easy to take screenshots. Doesn't stop when you press escape. Literally the GOAT.

My Laptop is old and shit. i3 core tier shit.

I use VLC, but sometimes 1080p mkv files get choppy and display grey screen visual artifacts. It's horrifying, but without a new laptop I don't think there's any getting around it.

Anyone have a really shitty laptop that they use to successfully watch the The higher resolution stuff?

>inb4 buy a new laptop

I will eventually, but I'm a poorfag now.

this

I have the same laptop since 2009.

It's probably a hard drive problem. It's easy to replace

And?

mpc-hc

Can you elaborate further?

mpc is a piece of shit, vlc all the way, it doesn't need a chzv codec pack and plays all out the box

Does VLC has some seriously fucked up contrast for anyone else?

I mean, it can be fixed by editing the values, but I don't know why they have it so bad by default.

I haven't noticed, but I'm a pleb. What settings do you suggest?

Here's a reference pic.

Well. It's really easy to fix. You just have to go to effects and filters and change the brightness or contrast manually.

But it's just odd to me that it's this washed out by default.

Cheers

I have been using VLC for years and the only problem I have had is trying to run it on my old laptop, lots of error codes.
On my desktop it's fine and the VLC app for my Galaxy Note 4 is excellent.

Looks better on the left desu. I hate this "grimdark" theme all directors seem to be going for after Batman begins

You're not one of those people that watches films on their phone, are you?

lol

Dude it's the best. Plug in your GearVR and it's just like being in a theatre for your flight. GOT mode of travel entertainment.

In fairness I'm only half joking. It does look way better on the left, the right is just too dark.

Also. Here's how it looks when it's supposed to be black.

VLC has been the most successful player for me for playing incomplete or corrupted video files, which is essential for fapping to dead torrents that stop at 92%.

no. when you first open it it say VLC sends everything you watch movie titles filenames etc.

>GearVR

That actually sounds pretty good.

Fairly certain it also includes a button to disable it in the same popup.

It does

yes but i dont trust that. i want to edit the config file to be sure

Well, it's open source so have fun looking through and editing the source code to your hearts delight.

Shit son you got this shit down to a science.

weeb pedo detected

they have no right in the first place to ask me for that data. fucking selling my info for marketing purposes. yeah i watch a lot of romcoms what of it

Of course they do, it's their program.

The funny thing is you are probably using Windows, use google and it's services, twitter, spotify and so on.

Jesus, learn to codec retard. It can convert MOST codecs without packs needed, not ALL of them. You can download extra VLC codec packs.

its film, not digital you splerg. on the left is what its supposed to look like.

Well then good thing film is done.

if i was using windows i wouldnt care about something like that

duckduckgo no facebook vpn proxy whonix

>duckduckgo
Use Startpage user. DuckDuckGo is run by a really shady fucker.

Kodi.

>Sup Forums is SO fucking hipster these days that a FUCKING MEDIA PLAYER OF ALL THINGS can't be liked / used just for the fact that its popular

fucking insane children you all disgust me

>these days
This your first week on Sup Forums? Welcome user.

Had the same problem, I downloaded mpc and it's worked great. Had to edit some setting to make it play 5.1 though.

yeah i know about (((him))) but startpage results are not as good

What's the best codec setup for mpc-hc?

Startpage is google though. Only without the botnet.

>botnet

Who gives a shit, do you work for the Clintons or something? Nobody gives a fuck what you look for retard.

Google's faster and has better results, that's what matters.

the results are skewed though. i can never find what i want with startpage. always with google but i try to avoid it. duckduckgo seems like a compromise

Just install the Kawaii codec pack

Fair enough.

>hipster
>these days
>CAPITALISATION

please fuck off

The used to be issues with VLC where everything looked pale but those issues seem to have gone. I actually prefer it to MPC these days whenever I stream 1080p videos on my TV via HDMI because MPC tends to lag a lot more than VLC.

Potplayer reporting

Pot Player.
MPC-HC + KCP too.

checked

Winamp, by far.

It's even got anime channels, whole series on repeat 24/7, ultimate comfy program. Plus a shitload of international pirated radio stations.

What year are you lving in m8?

I use Kodi

But it really whips tha llama's ass.

DJ Mike masterrace

VLC is great unless you're a weeb fag

Small Comparison:
Here's the VLC screenshot

And here's MPC-HC

First one looks way better, 2nd one is far too dark.

I didn't believe the mpc-hc meme when i first saw it on Sup Forums. Tried it out exactly this putting my best rips next to eachother.
Never gonna use VLC again

Cheers.
I downloaded it mpc, but the video I had trouble playing in vlc(screen artifacts, etc.) only plays it's audio in mpc.
Could just be the mkv file itself, but I don't think so.

Do I have to set up the codec myself with mpc?

I usually use MPC but for some reason if I try to load an external audio (commentary or dub or something) file it continues to play the original audio simultaneously

PotPlayer is working fine though

>Washed out colors
>better
Are you retarted?

Literally anything with LaV filters + madvr .

vlc

mpc

Post more comparisons! It's nice seeing how much better MPC looks

(((this)))

Yeah absolutely. You LITERALLY can't see 50% of the shot in the grimdark one. How in the world is that better?

They're literally the same.

Only because there's a layer of white over the footage. It is supposed to look dark because that's the way the scene was lit. It provides better contrast.

gom player my favorite

but dude
the orange cone