This is a fucking masterpiece, if you have not listened to it you should...

This is a fucking masterpiece, if you have not listened to it you should, it's really diverse yet significantly more accessible than Mr.Bungle's other work

I still prefer Disco Volante mostly because it was the first one I listened to. California and their s/t are great too but nothing beats DV or, if we're considering everything Mike Patton, Angel Dust

Is it similar to Zappa's work? Oingo Boingo? DEVO? The Pop Group? I've heard good things about them, but haven't listened to them yet.

this is their most "Sup Forumscore" sounding album if that makes any sense

this is a stretch

Sadly, it makes sense. But I was hoping for a different response and a response from the OP.

This album in particular is like something that would happen if the beach boys became experimental and avant-garde.

It also shows quite the range from Mike Patton, are you familiar with hin?

>It also shows quite the range from Mike Patton, are you familiar with hin?
Not really, but I'm intrigued. I'm familiar with Scott Walker though. Should I start with California then?

AIIHHHH FOUUUNDD AAAAHH PINK CIGARETTE

Yeah it's probably some of his best work, but if you like heavier rock/metal faith no more's "Angel Dust" is a great album and starting place too.

He also supposedly has a vocal range of 6 octaves.

Perfect summer album

>but if you like heavier rock/metal
Not really, I'm only a fan of Rainbow, Deep Purple, Dio, Black Sabbath and Megadeth as far as hard rock/metal goes. But then again, I've heard good things about Faith No More and I'll listen to that album. Any recommendations for his other side projects, given that there are so many of them?

disco volante and demon days do NOT line up

AUTOMATONS GATHER ALL THE PIECES
SO THE WORLD MAY BE INCREASED

IN SIMULATION JUBILATION
F̷̛̛̭̘̗̝̫̘̼̦̜̞̦͉͟͞Ơ̢̤̦͉̘̫̻͇̱̰̙͙̟̯͖̮̜̝͘ͅR̶͚̩̥̝͙͙̫̱̩͎̺̯̮̪̥̙̩͝ ̱̪̝̯͟T̷̢͎̭̯̗̕ͅH̜̖̬͚̘͉̝̜͔̮̰͔̹͟͠͞E̸̢͇̘͓̦̣͟͡ ̷͍̰̤̖͙̪̺̜̬̩̖͡ͅB̭̙̩̺̦̣̭̟̝̮͔͙͕͘͞Ụ̢̨̢̼͈̦̤͖̗̱̤͉̠͉͝Į̴̹̩̮͖̱͓͕̜̣̦ͅL̷̸̺̟̻͇D̸̨͈͇̜͖̕E͇͎̮̠̯̘̝̪͍̯̗̫͜͞R̪͚͙͓͖͕̜̱͔͉͚̕͜͢͟S̡̠̞͎̝͙͓͙͡
̸̡̭̫̬̖͖̣̙͚͢O͉̤̜͖̩̬̜̖̘̞̻͈̰͇̱̕͝͞͠ͅF̵̵̵̧̧̺̙̥̳͉̥͕͙̹̭͇̪̱͙̥̳̠ ̵̨̧̨̠͙̗̞͍͈͢ͅT̢̗͕̪͇̥͎̭͝ͅH̛̝̱͔̟̹̭̰̮̞̭̜̫͙̳̫̤͜E̠͔͎̺̫̝͍̕̕͞ ̶̯̙̞̝͙͍͇̣͇̬̖͚̩̰̳̱̝B̶̴̫͉͎̰̺͓̦̖̦͈̕͡Ó̷̙̩͎͔͘͟͢ͅD̷̴͙̺̠̫͙̣͎̝̯̙̝̤͇͎͚̮͢͢Y̸̸̴̙̻͙̰̰̫̺̥͉̟̩̼͚̫͖͈̱̕͝ ̷̛͓͍͔͔̞̠̼͈̪͉̠͔̠̩͚͟͠Ò̴̵͔͖̬̤̬͡F̷̧͈͓͔̰̯̰̬̭̳̭́͟ͅͅ ̶̸̦̯͖̰̙͎̫̬̖̣̞͉̹̘̟T̛̻̜͇̝̪̬͉̠̦̝͎H̸͖͈̕͡ͅE̢͎͙̞̺̦͙̠͚̠̳̠̻̬̪̦͖̯͖͟͞ ̡̣̫͎͚̣̮͕̗̪̱̺́B̴̵̻͓͈̥̱̖͜͠É͙̹̹̫͕̮͎̰͖̫̥͝Ą̗̦̙͉̥̫̞̪̫̥̞̰̣͞S̶̴͚̹͇̻͉̤͢͢T̸̸̡̥̰͉̳̯̠

not posting the real GOAT Mike Patton album

Hmm, most of range from good to great to all over the place, but to be honest I have not heard many of them all the way through.

So I'm not sure about other reccomendstions. If you like Angel Dust faith no more has lots of similarly great stuff.

About as easy to listen to as nailing jello to a tree.

(For new comers to Patton)

Their self-titled is underrated.
In this board, at least.

It's good for newcomers
Rather than teat them slowly into this album, start with this album to get rid of the initial shock as quick as possible.

uncle did accordions on this album. its their most fun / easiest to listen to work

I don't think this works

What's the best order to get into Mr. Bungle

I'd say this chart makes more sense, even though it isn't perfect

California -> s/t -> DV

what the fuck?

lol eggs XDXD so quirky and radum!!!!

Kill yourself.

I prefer the second album. California is alright but it really turns away from their avant-garde style. Their first one is mind blowing when I first listened to it, and a couple months later I started reading those comics based on the album cover.

>I can't fathom a possibility of music with a sense of humor

Well, every Mr.Bungle album is a masterpiece, so yeah. Ranking the album's songs:
>None of them knew they were robots
>The Air Conditioned Nightmare
>Vanity Fair
>Pink Cigarette
>Goodbye Sober Day
>Retrovertigo
>Ars Moriendi
>The Holy Filament
>Sweet Charity
>Golem II The Bionic Vapour Boy

see what I'm talking about

bump