Http://www.thewrap.com/suicide-squad-destroys-august-record-with-135-million-opening/

>It’s official: “Suicide Squad” is a big box office winner, bringing in an estimated $135.1 million from 4,255 theaters in its opening weekend.

>David Ayer‘s film easily broke the all-time opening record for August, ahead of the record set by Disney-Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy,” which opened to $94.3 million in 2014.

>If this estimate sticks, the ensemble antihero movie starring Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Will Smith as Deadshot and Jared Leto as The Joker, will have bested the opening weekend of Disney Pixar’s enormously popular “Finding Dory,” which debuted to $135 million. But right now it’s too close to know for certain.

>That also puts “Squad” ahead of Fox’s $132.4-million debut for “Deadpool,” to potentially secure its position as the third-highest-grossing opening of the year.

thewrap.com/suicide-squad-destroys-august-record-with-135-million-opening/

reminder THAT DEADPOOL BEAT BATMAN V SUPERMAN DOMESTIC

reminder THAT BVS MADE 166 MILLION ITS FIRST WEEKEND

>41% drop friday to saturday

deadpool had a 10% drop BTW

>being this mad

Marveldrones running damage control

>telling the truth is being mad

Deadpool fanboys on suicide watch.

I can't wait for DC fanboys to commit suicide just to prove they love DC so much.

>already got its money back

So Americans are retards?
Nothing new.

mfw a friend talked me into going to see a matinee showing today

he also wants me to meet his new gf. Last time I met a new gf of his at a shitty movie, it was Green Hornet.

>$135.1 million domestic
>$64.6 million overseas (only updated to Friday and it's not even out in some countries yet)
>absolutely raped GotG and Deadpool
wew

Not really:
Total Lifetime Grosses as of Aug. 5, 2016
Domestic: $65,125,000 33.0%
+ Foreign: $132,000,000 67.0%
= Worldwide: $197,125,000

>SUICIDE SQUAD opens with a massive estimated $132.0M overseas weekend, for a $267.1M global opening. #SuicideSquad

Reminder that SS hasn't opened in all markets

This is why all movies should have meme marketing

Why does that girl have a beard?

BASED
Y
E
R

how will the nu-males at Sup Forums ever recover from this?

>$135.1 million domestic (only updated to Friday and it's not even out in some countries yet)
^^What : said

I mean, that's all fine and dandy, but the film was shit.

nah it was alright
only conformist marvelcucks think its anything less than a solid 5/10

I respect your opinion as a human being.
However, I don't share it.

sadly proves WB right in butchering the movie because some people in the test audience were upset and all the faggots went "lol so funny" after seeing the trailer so it needed more iksdeh puns and jokes.

The kids love it

Thanks kids, I want Harley Quinn in another movie.

From a plot standpoint, the film was terrible.

Some characters are well written though. Some are literally just there because of reasons.

It's a shit movie though.

Every DC movie is shit. Including the batman ones.

DINNERTIME, FANBOYS, FROM YOUR OLD PAL, WARNER BROS.

Even as someone who prefers Marvel, The Dark Knight and Batman Begins were fucking awesome. Also, Burton's run of Batman was sick, til Schumaker got all gimmicky and snarky.

>superheroes used to be about nobility and virtue
>hollywood turns it into being about degenerates and criminals

great nice message there faggots

>Suicide Squad
>superheroes
Please be bait.

>almost 700 million in marketing
>got its money back

It's $1 billion marketing, DCuck.

Looks like suicide squad white peopled that shit for WB

Latest estimate on Box Office Mojo is: Domestic $135,105,000 + Foreign $132,000,000 = Worldwide $267,105,000 .

That means it will stop around 520-545 million ww.

Not nearly as good as GotG or Deadpool

mfw this already made more than fembusters

Keep moving those goalposts.

How can the us box office be worth just as much as the entire rest of the world

Yeah, profits are gonna drop off real fast when parents stop giving their moody teenagers money to go see it.

Pic related, Suicide Squad fan

>"i totally get the jokur, hes crazy like me lol"

The foreign box office isn't even updated though.

What goalposts? The bad WOM and low rt indicate that it won't have a better multiplier than 2.

BvS had a multiplier of 1.99

libcuck reviewers BTFO

US is as big as whole Europe in terms of market size and cinema is way more popular in US than in most other countries that more often opt for different forms of entertainment (opera, theater).

It also didn't open in all other countries at once and afaik this one is not opening in China at all.

Actually, most moviegoers that are going to see it at least from what I see from tumblr are hot sluts dressed up as Harley.

to be honest I had blast in the cinema, not even mad at BO or critics

It still has to premiere in Egypt, Denmark, Pakistan, Turkey, Italy, Germany, Austria, Greece and Japan next week/next month.

China is actually in negotiations still, I thought it was completely out of the game but apparently not.

>bad word of mouth
>citation needed
You shitposting on Sup Forums=/=bad word of mouth

See

Come on, man, let me shitpost in peace.

not to mention it's called domestic for a reason, it has way less competition that literally any other market because in Europe there are always some European films premiering on the same weekend the big blockbusters do

Do you fags really think studios get 100% of the box office as profit? Are you fucking retarded?

Here we go again. BvS opened big, too, but it dropped harder than a nuke in Japan. Word of mouth is important, DCucks.

>citation needed
B cinemascore.
big drop from true friday to saturday

keep moving those goalposts

americans love garbage

>gets BTFO
>"k-keep moving those goalposts"

>not watching and enjoying films from both studios

>gets BTFO
>citation needed

Here's a goal that WB might actually be able to score with.

>Marveldrone """"""bantz""""""
GotG budget: 230M
SS budget: 175M

>citation needed

Even with all the cut footage is it still a good movie?

I heard that instead of character backstory we just get exposition from the main black lady and joker/Batman were cut mostly. Doesnt really make me excited to see it.

Maybe they should've shelled out for a better director, editor, writer, etc. I mean, you get what you pay for, you massive fucking sped.

BvS aldo didn't beat Guardians, but opened 70 million ahead

Why so mad?

watched it last night

its a 7.5/10

had my suspicions about will smith but he kills it.
leto as the joker is alright, hes in like 5 scenes but theyre like 2 minutes each, need more exposure to properly rate him.

hated harley and her fucking "kek im insane xD" gimmick, but i guess thats the character

the complains about the editing are real.

and at least i hated the soundtrack...it was hit song after hit song after hit song...
paranoid, bohemian rapsody, ballroom blitz, it aint me...

Its out, when a film gets a chinese release its confirmed at least a month before the opening, the film has premiered and still not confirmed, wb just wants people to think theres still hope

Just checked
>GotG budget $170m
>SS budget $175m

>(((GotG))) budget $6g
>SS budget $88m

SS budget is AT LEAST $2 billion.

It's 500mil you uc

this is true though

>In January 2015, Disney revealed that the film came in "slightly over the agreed budget" at $232.3 million, with Disney receiving a rebate of $36.4 million from the British government. It was previously estimated to have had a $170 million budget.

Suicide squad is literally blowing marvel the fuck out rn

dad song after dad song after dad song... good fucking lord

Harley movie guaranteed.

A girl has no razor.

Question: Do you think this film will still hold the #1 spot next weekend or will it lose out to a movie such as Sausage Party or Pete's Dragon?

I can vouche for this. Though they weren't super hot they were very fuckable.

LOOKS LIKE SHITS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

True. My sisters are going nuts over Harlet

A film's box office performance doesn't necessarily reflect on the overall quality of the film. Plenty of bad films become financial successes while obscure works of art fail to reach a mainstream audience.

Depends on how it does during the week
I think Sausage Party has a decent chance at being number one, Pete's Dragon will pull a BFG and premier at number 5

itt a bunch of virgin neets discuss how much money some jews made

Man, these Disney live action remakes, save Jungle Book, are dropping like flies this year.

I was under the assumption the jews WERE the virgins.

Do you have anything better to do, you fence sitting cakeboy? Not much on this planet matters beyond money.