What do you guys think of his serious stuff as joji?

What do you guys think of his serious stuff as joji?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5sKmNuC0zuk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i know this is bait but 90% of mu i shit so i don't care about bumping garbage.

filthy frank is not good. not that he can't be but nothing he has ever made has ever had any original or unique artistic value, partly because of his unfunny channel. it's hard to be serious when nothing exists without context but on his own, he's just another boring alternative formulaic musician with nothing new or important to say

new stuff sound forced

when there's pressure for an artist to make music for fans that wasn't originally intended for a wider audience, the new music that gets released is usually bad

the best joji music is generally considered to be his oldest stuff that accompanied his vlogs lol

soundcloud-tier chillwave

I'm not saying it's bad.

Didn't he only release like, one song years ago?
I remember thinking it was okay.
Then he scrapped the project and released the Pink Guy garbage.

I like it and even liked some of s/t Pink Guy. Used to like his videos but now they're shit

I like it

It wasn't bait. Why is it when someone has a different opinion than you you automatically assume its bait? I agree he's nothing special, but that isn't always a bad thing.
What I'm curious about is to why people like you always need something experimental, new, important, etc.
Like said, its soundcloud music. It's not important, it's not progressing anything, but it's still music.

People should have different opinions, but it's when it's built on a shit basis like "HeS nOt SaYiNg aNyThInG iMpOrTaNt" it becomes debatable.

He's supposedly putting out Chloe Burbank Vol 1 sometime soon

annoyingly self-conscious, takes zero risks, redundant, boring, and pretentious

the only reason joji music gets any praise is because it's not pink guy so people think it's deep and sophisticated, and "joji is so awesome he can make absolute garbage trap and boring as fuck lofi beats wow what a complex person"

it's never about the music with this kid, everything he does is a desperate cry for attention, ESPECIALLY his joji shit. he wants to separate himself from everything and reap all the praise anyway: he makes pink guy music and immediately acts like "ugh everyone just wants me to be crass and loud and autistic i can't be real with anyone" so he makes joji music and suddenly "ugh everyone thinks i'm so deep and complex i'm really just a normal fucking guy i just wanna do my own thing"

but all the while he's jerking off to the thought that his fans desperately want to understand him and he's so insecure he'll continue doing this cycle until the day everyone gets bored of his charade and he actually has to commit to something as an artist

Whos more insecure
the mildy successful musician or the guy typing out paragraphs of dime store psychology??

garbage

Medicine is a pretty great beat

other than that meh

>>/mlp/
>>/y/ou
>>Sup Forumsapid
>>/fa/ggot

because i don't like listening to the same fucking thing over and over. if i like something i'll listen to that over and over. i don't need worse artists with less creativity to remake and copy other people. listening to filthy frank is like listening to classic rock. it's been done to death and it has no personal spin to it. music doesn't have to be experimental, it just has to be good

this, everything else he has made is forgettable and bland

Like many others have said, it's not very different from the "lo-fi" hip-hop as some call it trend that's really popular on Soundcloud and is big among teens that play some of its YouTube compilations while studying or something. To me it sounds like J Dilla or Nujabes style stuff but with none of the more subtle aspects that make music like that interesting.

you're such a faggot. are you done defending your favorite failure of a musician? this thread is about sharing your opinion on some indie shit and you start projecting your insecurities when a guy shares his honest opinion on a shit artist

Is joji trap or instrumental or meme? My friend showed me pink life and idk if it was serious or not

he's alright desu.

>didnt know if pink life was serious or not
what

he makes trap with the pink guy pseudonym and lofi with the joji one

forgot to quote

fuck off frank

This was when it came out my friend played it on his phone and I just heard a bit.

Furthermore, is there a tape or something for his low fi music

Medicine is good, everything else

idk, he has a bandcamp iirc

I actually like his "serious" pink guy raps more

I like thom, medicine and the new track though

(You)

tumblr-core shit that tries way too hard to be underground soundcloud rap

I enjoy it. The new song really grew on me.
I really fucking love medicine.

It's just a blend of Antihoney and Nujabes.
Nothing actually special.
What's next?

blown the fuck out

Couldn't have said it better myself. Even the word "joji" just reeks of pretentious ironic sadboys shit

isn't it just George but in Jap talk

Yep, because he's a half-caste.

there's too much stuff that sounds similar to his style, his medicine remix was nice, plastic taste is alright.

Hello joji, please kill yourself post-ironically while you stream it, whe could actually use some laughs right now :^)

you blew your cover, kid

Music is all the same.
/thread

>/thread-ing your own post
nigga delete your Sup Forums account, right now.

I shan't be doing that.

At first I thought he was just a bit tongue in cheek about his "serious" music as Joji but I think he actually thinks his music is more than just Soundcloud-tier work.

I agree that that user's post has "dime store psychology" but I still think it's pretty spot on. It's a bit autist with the "ESPECIALLY" but it's still true.

>said before but
new shit is bad, yelling cant replace jokes, forced music for his circle-jerk of 12-year old fans; older stuff sub-par but nothing new

I say that his music is not bad but also is nothing special. I enjoy his songs but you can't get tired because sometimes comes out as really formulaic music.

What the fuck is he doing?
youtube.com/watch?v=5sKmNuC0zuk

Hi Joji. I really like your videos when I was in high school, bu then I grew some balls and stopped giving a shit. I hope your Parkinsons isn't giving you too much hell.

That's his name

The worse thing from all memes aside. he actually has a good genre japanese jazz japanese chill correct me if im wrong but he just wastes it on shock value garbage on his channel and his bad rep just ruins it for him.

if you like his genre check out nujabes

His remix of Medicine is about the only thing I like of his stuff, and shamefully it is short as fuck too. He isn't exactly horrible but if he doesn't take it seriously then he won't be going anywhere. Not like he needs to since he has a big following now thanks to filthy frank.

Medicine is about all I can stomach from Joji. I enjoy listening to it on repeat in the car. Everything else (especially his Pink Guy work) is crap.

You Suck Charlie was ok, I'd rather have the piano piece without his vocals.

yeah he is pretty lame but somehow i find that refreshing

...............................................is that pic legit?

>it's hard to be serious when nothing exists without context but on his own
do you write for p4k?

It sounds similar but it's not the same thing. Joji is a Japanese name

It's not bad, but it's not really good either. Some of his Pink Guy music is better. Lofi hiphop is just the new easy listening

I enjoy it. It's not mindblowing or anything but I like it for what it is, and t b h I'm a sucker for that soundcloud-tier lofi shit. Some of his best stuff are his more "serious" pink guy raps (the food ones mostly).

The live show was fucking awful though, incredibly unprofessional. If he wants to make anyone like his shit at all he needs to prepare things. I get that it was his first show but I've seen so many bands play their first show so well, it's not really an excuse.

Also, whatta capcha

you're right.
it's post-modern everything is stupid empty shit.
his boiler room set was garbage too but look at the reactions, "ITS NOT YOUR FAULT JOJI!!! XXXOXOXOXO "

of course

he's a mad lad senpai

The music released under the Pink Guy character is embarrassingly bad and if it was anyone else other than Joji doing it they'd immediately be dismissed as a shitty soundcloud-tier trap artist.

The lofi hiphop stuff is just painfully generic, and sounds like nujabes wannabe No. 254