I promise I'm not trying to start shit, but can someone please explain how this is possible?

I promise I'm not trying to start shit, but can someone please explain how this is possible?

Because it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't want to believe there's a Disney/Marvel conspiracy on RT or that there's an anti-WB/DC bias, but how else can you explain something like this?

They're basically the SAME MOVIE, except SS actually has more going on with more characters and a more interesting plot.

Marvel can't be that good and DC can't be that bad. It's a mathematical impossibility. So why the FUCK does this keep happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZN1mO3zkHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I promise I'm not trying to start shit

t.Stephen King's Shitstarter

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

>more going on
No it doesn't

>with more characters
More characters doesn't mean anything is better, especially poorly handled characters like Suicide Squad

>and a more interesting plot.
Hahahahaha, yeah you're a troll.

the harder one to explain is ultron vs. suicide squad

even marvel fans agree ultron is trash

it comes down to harley being sexy in SS

landwhale feminists don't like that

and the cuckolded critics are landwhale feminists voices

>ultron is trash

Except it's not.

Summarize the plot of Suicide Squad.

Now summarize the plot of Deadpool.

Yeah fuck off.

quads for truth

hey guess what Suicide Squad got shitty reviews, get over it

So? It's all about how you handle ideas. Deadpool's a better movie by far, you pathetic cunt.

OP is salty as fuck

Deadpool - A man's journey of revenge turns into one of self discovery as he delves deeper into the seedy underworld of organized crime in an attempt to recapture his true love.

Suicide Squad - AYO HOL UP!
[spoler]*smakcs lips*[/spoiler]

Why so smug?

Oh, you meant the "MCU Ultron"? Yes, totally trash. My bad.

deadpool is miles better than this fucking trash
DCucks are the worst

Deadpool just got anally raped by Suicide Squad.

But he'd probably enjoy it.

Going to see it right now, if this is like BvS it's going to be kino

Thanks jewish reviewer scum, I'll always do the opposite of what they say, and watch this

What Netflix series is this?

>Deadpool
>We know this shit is retarded, just roll with it and try to have fun
>Suicide Squad
>This is a serious movie and a legitimate stepping stone in our Cinematic Universe™, but here's an Eminem song and a quip because we have no faith in the source material

is that supposed to be an insult? because Netflix shows look pretty amazing

>posts Sense8

Suicide Squad basically skull fucked all the work Ostrander and his wife put into the original series

>it's a conspiracy

kek.

Is it really that hard to understand that critics don't like something you like? It's fine if you like the movie, but the general consensus is that it's shitty. Why on earth do you need for everyone else to agree with you to validate your enjoyment of a fucking comic book movie?

The DC movies are unwatchable garbage. Sub-transformers tier schlock pretending to be oh so serious.

More isn't necessarily better. SS had a similar problem to BvS in that it had too much going on. Also, it was painfully obvious when a reshot quip scene was dropped into the movie after the fact, whereas Deadpool was always meant to be comedic and never taking itself too seriously. You get the sense SS WAS a movie that room itself seriously at one point, then WB got cold feet at the last second and said "make it more like guardians of the galaxy! More quips! More pop songs every 30 seconds! Don't let any scene start without a pop song or end without a quip!" It feels so contrived and put on.

SS has an identity crisis, Deadpool always knew exactly what it wanted to be

Hello Snyder

Ironic is, Snyder would have made a better movie

He's proven that he can't since 2009

Snyder has literally never made a good movie in his career.

The only reason he keeps getting work is because his wife is a WB exec.

turned off deadpool after 20 miuntes literally worst movie ever

>Deadpool subverts superhero film formula

What? It doesn't do that at all

Deadpool is rated R and is for adults making it good.

Suicide Squad is rated PG-13 and is for retarded teenagers who shop at Hot Topic making it bad.

As bad as BvS might be (to some people, I liked it), SS is at least 10x worse.

They didn't give it a big budget, and it worked.

It makes you wonder what would be cheaper. That CG shot, or doing it as a traditional special effect.

I like 300, fuck you.

One is a low-budget R-rated passion project, the other is a PG-13 shitfest cut up by studio execs.

>Just got anally raped by ss

>Implying Deadpool didn't make more than double what ss will make in its entire box office run.

skwad is R rated in the Uk and d pool was still more popular despite everyone here being dark knight dickriders.

Dawn of the Dead

Watchmen

These are objectively good

Deadpool was one of the most disappointing films of the year. The ad campaign made it look like Spaceballs with superheroes

It was a shitty superhero origin tale with Family Guy jokes half of which missed the mark

5/10 flick just because cabbie and colossus were good

>he legitimately thinks Ryan Reynolds cares about an awful Reddit tier comic book character

KYS.

p-p-please cuckold me!

Armond's reviews should be mandatory reading for anyone with even a passing interest in film

Does this mean his dick doesn't work? Did Batfleck stomp on it one too many times?

>Deadpool is artificially highly rated because it's a Disney Marvel movie
>Except it's a FOX movie

Colossus really made this movie.

>objectively good
You personally liking them makes it SUBJECTIVELY good, objectively good would be something like the top critics praising them, while respectively they got:

61%

43%

47%

But hey, at least you learned a new word!

300 was not good and encouraged Snyder to become the unrestrained hack that he is.

I wish Larry Fong would realize what a terrible writer/director Zack is and work with someone more interesting.

It's not exactly cuckolding me if it's a big show to fuck with someone before killing them.

the real joker made him smooth, he did the whole Theon/Reek thing to him.

this

Definitely cared more than Will "Can we shoot my scenes first?" Smith.

>BvS
Man, everytime I think in that movie I get depressed. I mean, the first 30 minutes are really, really good, but then the movie keeps introducing more subplots that in the end doesn't make any sense. Snyder and co fucked up big time with this one.

We're still grasping at that "fake Joker" straw?

Ultron wasn't great, but it didn't suck either.

Pros:
>Scarlet Witch was great
>Hawkeye gets much needed development
>Flying city was a pretty neat finale
>Insight into Cap's loneliness through visions and dialogue
>Vision was nifty
>Team fell apart in wake of battle, some real stakes
>Ulysses Klaue was hilarious
>All of the fights were well-staged and fun
>Explores Tony's savior complex
>Wrestles with the idea of them causing more damage than they prevent (explored more fully in Civil War)

Cons:
>Bruce/Natasha romance
>Quicksilver was wasted
>Ultron wasn't as menacing as I'd hoped
>The "crossing the streams" between Iron Man, Thor, and Vision actually made me cringe
>Nick Fury for no fucking reason
>Helicarrier for no fucking reason
>Cutting Thor's visions in the pool made it make no sense
>No Pepper Potts
>Baron Strucker wasted

There were some highs and some lows, but at the end of the day, I'd give it a solid B-.

I love giant metal hitler.

He offered him a fucking lap dance from his girlfriend and when he refused he killed him

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults

So adults are worse than children?

1 word: reddit

Yeah, I mean, I get that. IMO, I liked it, I thought it was good, not great.

SS is utter shit, though. Makes BvS look like Oscar material.

>Ulysses Klaue
He'll be in Black Panther, right?

user the Disney/marvel conspiracy doesnt work on FOX, Disney would love to see FOX failing just to get the right on at least Dr Doom.

lol not even reddit is shilling for DCEU at this point, this board is somehow even less objective than fucking leddit

feels bad, man
youtube.com/watch?v=lZN1mO3zkHI

Why? He holds the same predictably contrarian views as a Sup Forums poster but uses a thesaurus. It's amazing how you guys give clickbait a pass if it aligns with your worldview

>avengers with dr doom as the villain
>any movie with doctor doom where the character is treated properly and is the central villain in a GOOD FILM

my penis can only get so erect user don't do this to me

>>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians.

How is this negro so based?

>Marvel gets the rights to the FF back
>Phase 4 has Doctor Strange 2: Triumph and Torment as the introduction to DOOM

>(((top critics)))

good goy

He's not confirmed, they did cast Michael B. Jordan as Eric Killmonger.

Jordan said he's one of two major antagonists, but no confirmation on the other.

Deadpool breaks traditional gender norms by promoting a weak man getting pegged by strong woman so it get´s praised

meanwhile Suicide Squad promotes "sexist potrays" of women so it get heavily attacked

Well they must've had a reason for having him in AoU.

For that to happen the x-men movies has to fail more often, and the next x-men movies are Wolverine 3 (i have doubts on this) and Gambit (who people say is going to be bad but they say the same thing about ant-man)

>contrarian
Tell me, in what part he said that SS whas "GOOD"?

*said the same thing about ant-man

And they're going to make Deadpool 2, and that's bound to do well.
Shit.

Didn't Ultron kill him?

Well, the big reason is because Ultron wanted vibranium, and Klaue is heavily tied in trafficking it in both the comics and the movies.

I really hope that they bring him back, but it all depends on what direction they go with in Black Panther. As much as I'd love to see him, I kinda hope the other villain is Achebe.

No, he cut off his hand. I think?

Yeah I think marvel is okay with leaving FOX with deadpool while they dont fail.

Marvel/Disney cant do R-rated movies which are perfect for deadpool, also deadpool merchandise, which marvel own the right, sells a lot.

Deadpool just saved/doomed the x-men to stay in FOX for another 5 years.

Nah, just ripped his arm off. In the comics, he has one arm with a weird cannon that shoots noise or some shit. They were probably setting up for the possibility of that.

average rating is 2.2 points apart, use your fucking brain.

>objectively good
>"well obviously the highest regarded film critics of our time are just jews LOL i'm more of an expert on objectively critiquing movies while I post on Sup Forums all day"

wew lad

~not that you have to be a film expert to see those movies fucking blow~

this

harley is just too sexy in Suicide Squad. the landwhales wont have it

>moving goalposts this hard

AoU is bad in the sense of being a mediocre, paint-by-numbers experience with little idea exploration. But it works as a movie in terms of narrative construction, editing and when/where things happen in the space-time continuum.

SS is a complete mess though. Some of its characters being fun is all it has going for it.

Waiting to see how bad the second week drop off will be.

wtf is this highly regarded film expert meme? i can form my own opinions thank you.

So is this a "fanboys trying to justify their obsession" meme or a "gotta be contrarian and like what everyone else knows is shit" thing? Since this is Sup Forums, both are very real possibilites.

>They're basically the SAME MOVIE

Are you fucking insane?

Deadpool had a clear beginning, middle and end. It was written by good screenwriters, it had character arcs, irreverent jokes, an R rating and it was a project that had lots of freedom because the studio didn't really care for it. Deadpool was a movie made by people.

Suicide Squad is a mess made for a mass market. It wan't desperately to be Deadpool but it won't leave the comfort zone of clichés and PG-13. The movie is all over the fucking place with scenes that don't belong together, characters and dialogues so forced that will make you want to throw up at the awful dialogue all the time. Ayer had only six weeks to write SS and you can feel that in every frame of that movie. It's terribly written. It feel like a teenager trying to make a movie without realizing everything he is doing isn't fun and new, but it's been done to death before.

It was trying so fucking hard to be a superhero movie when it shouldn't. To have its characters have their actions justified when it shouldn't. And don't even get me started on the editing. "How many songs can we stuff in a movie? Better yet, how many songs can we have in five minutes of projection?". Oh, and I'm not talking about interesting songs. I'm talking about the most hideous cliches possible. Sympathy for the devil? Seriously?

Suicide Squad is a movie made by a studio that is desperate. There is no love behind it. It's a product. A hot topic advertisement. A movie carefully designed for 14 year olds. Deadpool might appeal to teenagers, but there was actual filmmaking there. People passionate about it behind the camera. It was a "small" project that got big. SS was a soulless product since day one.

You can't possibly enjoy movies and know shit about movies and then watch those two and think they're equal. You must be kidding me. Suicide Squad should be studied in film classes about how not to edit and write a movie.

Why yes you can, see The word for those opinions is "subjective," not "objective."

Isn't learning fun?

>Dawn of the Dead
>300
>objectively good
I'll speak in a language that you understand: You objectively were born after 1999, you objectively wouldn't know anything of quality if it fused into your DNA and turned you into a person of merit, you objectively should go back to Facebook.

Deadpool is a better movie.

Go sign your petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes, DCuck.