ITT : Music misconceptions that piss you off

>"LE JAMMIN WITH KURT! LE GIVING GOD TUNES"

Yeah, lets just pretend he isnt roasting in hell for committing the sin that god calls a spit in his face by forsaking his gift. How loud are they screaming you think? I can only imagine their eternal torture

>heaven
>real
the pic is probably just meant to be a basic representation of the afterlife anyways

pretty weak maymay sir, old and tired
2/10

t. Cornell's eternally damned spirit

Where does the bible say that suicide is shit

The Bible mentions six specific people who committed suicide: Abimelech (Judges 9:54), Saul (1 Samuel 31:4), Saul’s armor-bearer (1 Samuel 31:4–6), Ahithophel (2 Samuel 17:23), Zimri (1 Kings 16:18), and Judas (Matthew 27:5). Five of these men were noted for their wickedness (the exception is Saul’s armor-bearer—nothing is said of his character). Some consider Samson’s death an instance of suicide, because he knew his actions would lead to his death (Judges 16:26–31), but Samson’s goal was to kill Philistines, not himself.

The Bible views suicide as equal to murder, which is what it is—self-murder. God is the only one who is to decide when and how a person should die. We should say with the psalmist, “My times are in your hands” (Psalm 31:15).

God is the giver of life. He gives, and He takes away (Job 1:21). Suicide, the taking of one’s own life, is ungodly because it rejects God’s gift of life. No man or woman should presume to take God’s authority upon themselves to end his or her own life.

Solomon, in his pursuit of pleasure, reached the point where he “hated life” (Ecclesiastes 2:17). Elijah was fearful and depressed and yearned for death (1 Kings 19:4). Jonah was so angry at God that he wished to die (Jonah 4:8). Even the apostle Paul and his missionary companions at one point “were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself” (2 Corinthians 1:9)

So, according to the Bible, suicide is a sin. It is not the “greatest” sin—it is no worse than other evils, in terms of how God sees it, and it does not determine a person's eternal destiny. However, suicide definitely has a deep and lasting impact on those left behind. The painful scars left by a suicide do not heal easily. May God grant His grace to each one who is facing trials today (Psalm 67:1). And may each of us take hope in the promise, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13).

>The Bible
>real
[email protected]

Just clarifying, so all death is decided by God?

So it never actually says suicide is a sin?

well of course
all things that happen from the fluttering of a butterfly's wings to the death of a thousand children are manifestations of Gods will

Murder is a sin, self-murder (suicide) is too. But of course the bible celebrates murderers when it is in god's name including Samson the proto-suicide bomber.

Now that nigga wilin.

>ITT : Music misconceptions that piss you off
How is that a music misconception? That seems like you just have a lot of resentment towards people who commit suicide. Jealous?

t. Suicidal person

kek please kill yourself

Is that fucking Alice in Chains, Curt Cobain, and Scott Wieland?

The art people always make of Jim Morrison, Hendrix, Freddie Mercury, and Cobain, etc. jamming together in heaven is lame as fuck. They wouldn't work well together at all.

>t. a catholic

>t. a protestant

t. a calvinist

t. a bunch of fucking atheist reprobates

If spelling is beyond your capabilities then yes

Calvinist theology is the fucking worst.

Be a Deist.

christfags get out

t. desperate atheist in denial

Don't cut yourself on that edge. You'll end up in Lower Hell just like Daddy Dante said (^:

::::::^^^^^^))))))
now I hate Montie even more

christians and tripfags make hell look appealing, most of them will be there though unfortunately

Dante wrote a better story than any in the bible (so did Virgil and Homer). Both are fake as shit, tho

If you don't believe God has control over these things, then you don't believe God is all knowing and all powerful.
If you don't believe God is all knowing and all powerful, then you don't believe in God.

You haven't read Dante but name dropped him thinking you were intelligent.

That's what just happened.

wtf I'm religious now

I've read Inferno and Purgetorio.

I read

Imagine a world where a dead beat loser sits online all day rotting away, arguing about pointless subjects to entertain himself

Couldn't handle Paradiso though, huh.

Dang, he's dark aesthetic. He's dark and spooky! I bet he's watched a bunch of European art films as well and drinks Black coffee

I'm reading it next year I think for one of my classes along with Paradise Lost.
Yeah, its not like people have argued and tlked about theology for thousands of years. I guess the humanities are pointless LMAO!!!!!

t.stem major

Not who you're replying to, but boy, do you sound like an absolute pleasure to hang around with. By that I mean you're a cunt.

At first from the tumbnail I thought it was Cornell, Cobain, and Staley standing, with Vedder still in the crowd. But then I realized that no, you just decided to include that STP faggot

But Eddie isn't dead, is he you stupid mouth breather?

As annoying and shitty as that pic is, I'd still never become an atheist because I'm not that big an asshole.

You really don't care about theology you fucking faggot. You're sitting on a music site arguing about whatever presents itself get the fuck out of here acting like you actually care it's all a fashion statement to you. Just look at the way you type "LOL" and use cliche things like t. STEM major fuck off you don't care no one on here really cares it's all just a form of entertainment, in your case, probably to not have to face their lack of real life

that would be the point of such imagery

>this whole thread

Good, just back away like you weren't just arguing. Now it's as if it doesn't matter that you looked like an idiot.

Hence why he would still be in the crowd, away from the others

It's ironic that you call anyone else a mouth breather when you get this upset about people not liking your shitty post-grunge band

shit philosopher

PRETTY NOOSE

If you cared what god thought your wouldn't be on Sup Forums. 2/10 bait

>not liking STP

more like you got a shit brain because you don't understand him

HIIIIIIII MONTIEEEEEEEEEE

but YOURS must be the right one
or maybe the alternative is just too much to confront

>does not determine a person's eternal destiny
I'd argue that unless the suicider was suffering extreme mental illness, it pretty much doesn. Knowing full well that the act of killing themselves is the last thing they'll ever do, they're pretty much throwing away any intent to atone for it like they could another sin. Pretty much a middle finger to God, as the last act you do.

so, you guys are actually fine with unknowingly abetting the demiurge or what

you can't be that stupid

>Likes Oasis
>Believes in a higher power

don't know which is worse desu

I fucking hate Montie too but this is either next level projection or extreme autism

Chris was so awesome that when Soundgarden toured with Guns N Roses along time ago, he was the only person allowed to be in the hall when Axl Rose left his dressing room on to go on stage. Even Axl wanted to be Chris back in the day

Who's the newmale.behind the others on the far left supposed to be?

Goddamn phone

*numale

Dumb nu-phone poster

We need a shoop master to make chris butt naked with a noose around his neck and nards, kurt with half his head blown off, lane staley with shitty pants, and if thats supposed to be the STPfag on the left, give him the same shitty pants as lane since drugs

>We need a shoop master to make chris butt naked

Dont know why I laughed at this

lol butt naked, noose around his neck and sack, and a microphone wedged up his corn chute

catholics arent christians by the way

Catholicism is a cult, the pope a leader.

I mean unless Bible says we were instructed by Jesus to have one

I'm an atheist, but I spent many years in the Catholic education system and this is just blatantly false. Christian literally translates to "Follower of Christ." Anyone who follows Jesus and his teachings is a Christian. You may think their methods of worship (and the presence of a pope in their belief system) to be incorrect or even blasphemous, but that does not make them not Christian.

You do realize the succession of popes was started by Jesus, right?

They're proddies, no use in arguing with them

Verse?

You don't follow the word of God, you follow the word of you pope, and he's got that papal infallibility thing going on.

Austin 3:16

>tfw you realize that true to your suspicions, Edie Vedder was a complete fraud 'grunge' singer who will live a long and happy life as a well-balanced member of society

What the pope says is in accordance with doctrine and theology. Papal infallibility is only invoked in matters which have been thoroughly researched by theologians, and doesn't waver from the teachings of Christ.
Matthew 16:18

>This thread

Okay so where in the Bible does it say it's not a sin to auto erotic asphyxiate yourself to death?

I think it falls under murder

when will Sup Forums be rid of spooks

god fucking damn him