MAC DEMARCO - THIS OLD DOG

What do you think about this recently dropped Mac DeMarco album.
I'm currently listening to it and i like it so far

Salad Days>Another One>This Old Dog>2 Haven't listened to R&R Night Club

(This is ranked based on the album as a whole and how cohesive the album is. For example 2 has some of Mac's best songs but as an album 2 isn't something I can listen to as a whole.)

Nice trips but shit ranking.

2>R&R Night Club=Salad Days>This Old Dog>Another One

Moonlight on the River on that album is great. Especially at the end of that song it goes fucking crazy...

2 is glorious and so is another one in my opinion

Really digging This Old Dog. Didn't really know what to think at first, but the album has grown on me. Guy can write memorable tunes very consistently. Love Dreams From Yesterday.

I think it's cool. Big fan.

Kind of glad he appears to have dropped his wacky zany memey persona.
TOD feels like it has a lot fewer forgettable songs than salad days or 2
Moonlight on the river and watching him fade away fuck me up desu

Dull as fuck

Yes I am obsessed with that song. The ending may be the best thing macs done possibly

I think it's great personally. "One Another" is one of my favorites. I could actually say that for the rest of the tracks

His best album yet. Only plebs will disagree with this. Mac is only getting better, shame he's gonna die this year.

>Only plebs will disagree with this.
Spoken like a true pleb

t. pleb

dubs and Mac boi be dead by November

I saw Mac live this year, great preformer. That said its a 7/10

fuck

so is your life, you Michigan fuckboi. nice hair tho.

I'd take a 7/10

Thanks lmao

>Kind of glad he appears to have dropped his wacky zany memey persona.
back to rddit

>it's another boring ass industry fed "indie rock" release where every track sounds the same
fuck off

>muh (((industry)))
>reeeeeee
Bet you haven't even listened to the album

His best album behind 2. His experimentation on it is a step in the right direction. He has the potential to make a 10/10 album.

>where every track sounds the same
Wanna know how I know that you haven't listened to the record?

i like Moonlight On The River a lot. The section with the effects and the crazy laughing is one of my favourite moments on the album.

I think if you liked this album, you would really enjoy Alex G's new album. Definitely a messy album, but so many amazing emotions.

Like all of Mac's work, it breezes by you on the first listen. You're enjoying it, but kinda unaffected by it all.

Then you start humming some of his melodies and uncovering them a little more in your head until you realize "shit, this is a nice little dittie". I thought, for example, "Still Beating" was an empty throwaway song on first listen... then I had it in my head for a week straight.

This was considerably better than Mac's record, though. I loved it.

I couldn't forget a single track after two listens on any of his previous albums, but this album has quite a few forgetable tracks. Maybe I haven't given it time to sink it yet. Quite a few great tunes, though

I can't stop playing this. Not a song to skip

r&r is killer you should listen to it

I'd say disparate but not messy. Great album.

i have, actually. i will admit there are nice little progressions every now and again but mac never does anything fucking interesting with them
>Wanna know how I know that you haven't listened to the record?
wanna know how i know you're a retard

i've been put off from the album due to the vocals. i'll still give it a shot one day

Tonetta is Mac DeMarco's father

You heard it hear first

damn right

Yup that was the highlight for me on this album. This was my first Mac DeMarco album.