What went so horribly wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

vine.co/v/OFWZ9H1Wa23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

everything is going right, it couldn't be any better tbqh fampai

GOAT manager left and it turns out everyone on the corporate side was an arrogant twat who doesn't know how to run a club that doesn't start every game 1-0 up psychologically

Come back when the League Cup and FA cup are belong to us.

We seem to be clutch as fuck at cup Football atm.

Better be clutch as fuck to win the Europals if you want CL football next season

sacking their best manager since Fergie retired to get Fraudinho

>The league cup
Unironically valuing the league cup as something worth of value.

>Le state of Manchester United

Tinpot club with entitled fans that should be grateful for what saf done for then

>Europa

We're still shit as fuck at European football atm.

Wouldn't be surprised if we got our shit pushed back by Athletic Bilbao or someone like that lol

Atleast you're above west brom now

vine.co/v/OFWZ9H1Wa23

Not realising that the number >six has really cursed them.

IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

just gonna bet on x's for every united game ever, talk to you from trump tower soon

The mistake they made was to not repeatedly publicly lower expectations after Fergie left.

Their squad was aging and won the league in significant part thanks to potential challengers all being either in transition or just plain shit.

Losing a manager as effective, respected and influential as Fergie was always going to cause trouble, even before the less tangible things came up (like how journalists were afraid to offend him by writing harshly or even realistically about United or their players).

The time was right for a more modest Manchester United: CL is the target, we're in transition, the manager will need a couple of seasons to settle in, etc...

Then the corporate side turned out to be idiots, too. And Fergie evidently loomed large in the background, possibly interfering and commenting in a way that undermined the new boss and fostered the idea that Moyes wasn't really in charge.

The fans, spoiled and unreasonable by success, turned against Moyes as did all the old players. Giggs should have been fired as soon as he began to undermine his boss, but he was indulged. The morale dropped to shit, Moyes was a dead man walking and the players decided to wait for the next manager to give a shit. From that point on, it became very difficult to salvage.

Then the insane splurge on mercs started. But they just bought who they could get without consideration of what the team would be, paid too much and put too much expectation on the players and team while at the same time giving the players no incentive to play any more.

Van Gaal attempted to fix it but the fans were still spoiled and unrealistic and were against him early, too. Now chaos and mercenaries are the norm. Nobody gives a shit, it's totally unsalvageable in the short term and also hilarious.

As time goes on, they look more and more like they're going to not just do a Liverpool; they'll do a Leeds.

Why are Fletcher and Evans at West Brom now when Man Utd still needs them?

You can't make any difference by playing static football.

What United need first and foremost is a good director of football. Fergie gave the entire club a direction and a purpose, without him, the ship was essentially drifting aimlessly.

United don't have a philosophy, there is no long-term plan in place, the guy that negotiates with the fucking secondary noodle partner is the guy that also signs the players.

The cadre is shit, it's bloated, a random assortment of mercenaries that were bought by a rapidly changing coaching setup. I mean seriously, apart from de Gea, is there anyone that can, without doubt, be considered world-class?
>inb4 Pogba

I agree. None of them. It's a mix of players who may have once been world class but are now well past their prime and players who have been paid too much and cost too much way too early in their careers and aren't living up to it. Maintaining morale in a set up like that is basically impossible unless you are winning relentlessly.

They've inherited an ego and arrogance in the team that Fergie built up and was able to handle but probably nobody else ever could have taken over. I'll add another mistake to my list: Fergie should have helped Moyes clear out the past-peak old guard straight away; Giggs and Ferdinand in particular who both turned out to be snakes in the grass that he would never have been able to boss around.

And now that the ship is adrift, to use your analogy, the ego and arrogance seems to have turned in to "I get paid 200 or 300k a week, so I don't give a fuck if you say I'm shit. Check out my social media account for pics of my new car."

the fuck is that

hes doing coke

curse of sir alex. irreparable.

Holy fuck, elite truthbombs being dropped here

Thank you Mr Big Strong American

lel

Buying a professional Dabber for such a ridiculous price

Not getting rid of FEllani

ebin filename bud

The League Cup literally matters on the day of the final, and even then only kind of.

>man u doing a leeds

impossible, but a boy can dream

well then...

>Unironically thinking world cup wins from almost 100 years ago make you a big football nation

Ur a gay

>As time goes on, they look more and more like they're going to not just do a Liverpool; they'll do a Leeds.

Oh I wish, but I just can't see it happening with all the customers and money they pour in.

does he have an buttplug in and is sniffing poppers to loosen it up a bit?

Manchester City and Chelsea outspent them.

The price Man utd paid for Pogba is laughable. He's worth maybe 1/5 of that.

Manchester utd doesn't have a playmaker, they have no big goal scorer, their defence is a mess. There's absolutely nothing about the team that suggests they belong in the top 5.

They kept winning trophies with ~9 average/above average but hard-working players plus two/three top/world-class ones

they stopped having world class players and the rest have stopped working as hard so they don't win as much anymore

as much as I want to believe, there's no way such a public figure would do blow in public at the very, very end of a match. he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near to where he is if he's that kind of dude

also who the fuck would do a bump off their poofy jacket? nose isn't even close to his hand. in the moments after it does kind of look like he did a rail and in the last frame he fully has the "suck the drips back oh yeah" face, but unless he actually took it out and somehow balanced it on his jacket or has a secret compartment there, I think he's just wiping his nose lads

t. ABU

match fixing is over now they actually have to play to win

>playmaker
Mata
>goal scorer
Ibrahimovic
>defence is a mess
Seems to be doing just fine recently, barely conceding more than 1 goal a game.

It's shit finishing, poor mentality and crap management that has put them in this position. Games like Stoke and Burnley should have easily been won, but haven't. Games like Arsenal and Everton were poorly managed, sitting back and crap substitutions cost them those games.

Every team has games like these of course, but only United seem to do it on a regular basis. And it can't blamed on luck.

Man utd have made just 19 goals in the EPL so far.

Because Mourinho kept trying Lingard and Rashford on the wings for far too long, and players kept wasting chances anyway. It's not the best attack, but it's still enough to at least be 3 points behind 4th.

>Chelsea fans right now

1. Chelsea: 34
2. Arsenal: 31
3. Liverpool: 30
4. Man City: 30
5. Tottenham: 27

6. Man United: 21

12. Southampton: 17

18. Sunderland: 11

Closer to relegation than they are to first.