What is the greatest plane ever made and why is it the SR-71?

What is the greatest plane ever made and why is it the SR-71?

I'm Czechfag who prefers Russian aviation (Also have Foxbat fetish)

I have to agree with you, Sled is the king

There's a certain degree of awesome associated with the U-2. After all, the U-2 flew over the Soviet Union, something the SR-71 cannot claim. Also it's still flying today.

And the fact you get to chase it down in a Chevy every time it comes in to land is pretty neat.

tl;dr U-2

>flew over the Soviet Union

The fuck are you talking about? There were plenty of SR flights over Russia.

Because it can deliver accurate and effective fire support to within 20 meters of infantry positions, surviving all manner of ground fire from AKs to MANPADS, land on a dirt road after having an engine ripped off and all primary control systems disabled, and--if need be--reload and be back in action in under 2 hours.

Are you sure?

"Although originally designed to succeed the U-2 in overflights over the Soviet Union and Cuba, the A-12 was never used for either role."

Basic research!

The Project OXCART planes (A-12, YF-12, and SR-71) were in service after the U-2 incident, so they never got to fly over Russia. The defenses were too good and it was deemed too dangerous. The A-12 mostly flew over Vietnam.

>A-12

The SR-71 is directly related to the A-12. The A-12 was flown by the CIA. The SR-71 by NASA and the USAF.

You're an idiot...

Recedes over the horizon....
1,905.81 knots
level 85.000ft

Yep, fairly positive there were numerous U-2 flights over Russia.

Bitch please, Mig-31 can go Mach3 and is full of weapons, not just a camera.

>calls him an idiot
>tries comparing a dedicated ground attack aircraft to a dedicated reconnaissance aircraft

It's also a Russian piece of shit that the Russian, in their typical style, completely embellish the specifications of

>can go Mach3
While melting its own engines, yes.

Check'd

Also, even the AR-10 can break the speed of sound. In a dive. Once.

Good lord. A-10. I just made a gun.

>not knowing what primary control systems are

>Maximum g-load: 5 g

And again the only way for it to reach the same speed as the SR-71 it would have to melt its engines.

Fuck off plane faggots, it's time for whirlybird Master Race

>any mig
top kek

Because fuck physics, that's why.

>Not knowing that the A-10 has backup control systems for everything

A 737 has backup control systems for everything. It's called redundancy.

U-2 gets raped daily by whirlybird you Soviet hating faggot

Pic related: I'm also biased since I flew it

Mig-31M can shoot SR71

Then why bring it up in the first place?

What's the thing on the back? It almost looks like a refueling probe but obviously it's facing the wrong way. Something to do with searching for subs?

Still a piece of shit against the badassery of the whirlybird

Magnetic Anomoly Detector (MAD). You fly over sub, it determines something metal is below you. Not very accurate, so the P-8 doesn't have it (except the Indians... silly Indians)

Mig isn't shit against a heli full of badassery that can call in another heli

I see. Sounds like a pretty neat idea, though.

It's cool when it works.

The other problem is you have to be pretty low (We flew at 300 feet). The P-8 doesn't like being below 1500 feet.

>Mig-31M can shoot SR71
SR-71 can outrace the missle/bullets

This is also my favorite plane

Your engines are upside down