What replacements for Omegle exist? It's gone to shit, no updates, bots rampant and hardly anyone on there

What replacements for Omegle exist? It's gone to shit, no updates, bots rampant and hardly anyone on there.

bump

On Ohmegull right now too, really need a new site like that.

I like how you did OP post while connected to your WiFi, then turned it off and bumped your thread with mobile data, creating the appearance that 2 people have posted. Well done mate. Also I have no idea

Lol. OP here didn't bump shit

Real OP here. Ya I did that, so what?

Glad to hear there's demand, I've been thinking about writing my own Omegle copy using more modern software implements (SocketIO, HTML5 and shit)

I guess if I ever get started on making one I'll let ya'll know.

Although I gotta say, if a copy was made, it would not have many users either.

Street. Update every now and then, a lot of people, no mods.

link

I'm a web backend dev and I've been asked multiple times to make a "better version of omegle with spam filters".

Here's why I always say no to the idea.
>There is no money in it
Revenue from ads is shit, no one would ever support an omegle like service on patreon.
>Spam filtering would be difficult to do
You people want a spam filter that somehow catches bots but doesn't ban you when you keep scamming "ASL?" over and over and disconnecting as soon as you confirm that you get connected with another guy.

If someone pays me up front I can write an omegle like service with horizontal scaling features in about two weeks (that includes testing) otherwise I don't see a reason to waste my own money and time on it.

so why don't you do it though?

>Street
tried searchin web and app store, where do i find this?

Are you going to pay me to do it?

Not everyone's a gigantic faggot like you, user.

no, why?

Then why would I do it if there is no money in it?

just use tags its fine

>2 weeks
I could do it in 2 days, including testing and making decent spam filters.

to make the world a better place?

In a reddit AMA (like 10 years ago), the guy behind Omegle stated he was making $40k/yr.

Was ad revenue better then than it is now?

in other news, what tags do you use?

Adds are impossible cause the internet usage of a video is 1000 times harder then a html page with an ad. So the server cost is going to be insane.

Yes, and 40k a year for something that widely known is pathetic. It needs a membership model or it will fail.

Kys mate

Here's your (You), you lonely manchild that bumps his own thread with new IPs.

Okay. A membership model would kill a service built around meeting strangers. Guess I won't try to make a copy

Are you delusional?

You mean you could throw together some half thought POS that wouldn't scale in 2 days. So could a lot of people.

yes, pls no bully senpai.

It would take you 2 weeks, apparently.

Ur house is most probably located on some street. Ask your mom how to get there.
Also, all chats are audio, video and 3d by default, much better than omegele.

it's okay, kohai

kek

>socket.io
>modern

Grandpa, I have some bad news...

Then do it. And then get fucked because it only scales vertically.
The ad revenue went down a lot. I doubt that Omegle is still making $40k/yr, especially since Omegle is not really a prime web real estate to display ads on. But even if it is, and the new website by some miracle manages to capture 10% of the market and by some miracle that directly translates to $4k/yr. There are going to be DOS attempts, the constant need to improve the spam filter because people keep figuring out ways around it. Just your regular scheduled updates etc.

If chatting with random people was something I was really interested in I would do it, I wrote a lot more complicated software just because I thought it was cool.
But I have no little interest in making an omegle clone and there are easier ways to make $4000 in the span of 12 months.

I'm an embedded systems and desktop applications kind of guy. This is why I stay the hell away from web dev.

I'm assuming there's better options than socket.io?

Thanks for the math, user

Dont know but the way to enjoy Omegle now is use spy mode. Bots dont seem to have affected there. Makes for fun convo too more than standard chat did.

>take cock out
>get banned within 2 rolls

How do they do it?

i went on omegle one time and there was a young girl doing *things* with her hair brush she skipped me

Nice quads, consider them checked

I've used socket.io on a project before. While you are writing the code it feels good because you can develop super fast with it. But then you realize how hard it is to scale your application horizontally and that's what we call regretJS

IDK about you boys... but i still pull winrar.jpgs all the time.

...patience, yo. Patience.

what tags you usually use?

I dont understand why there is little responce here? There is nothing online where innocent girls like to get down and dirty anymore, example stickam. ivideochat,camfrog used to be amazing...whats left apart from pay sights where there begging for money or credits. haram. all fags here happy with fukking photos

This, what do?