Why so tryhard?

i like the movie but.. no one can't deny that this joker is a complete bullshit

i mean, is there any logic to this scene?, making a halo of knives around you, what?

you're trying to hard Leto, go home, nobody likes your cholo joker

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kN_SaHoGwYc
youtube.com/watch?v=4m8aAG4OSvg
youtube.com/watch?v=ie13dbqydTs
youtu.be/Pr-JoqFVC5E?t=1m16s
youtu.be/kQC82okzTXI?t=117
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dc2016.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jared Leto didn't write the scene. He only portrayed the character. Otherwise you make an excellent point and I can only wonder why you don't write for the National Review.

I can just imagine that dumb little smile leto joker had as he began to meticulously place his knives on the ground, anticipating the amount his underlings would freak once they saw him lay down within it

It's just a cool visual. That's the best you can hope for with capeshit. At least it's a bit more interesting looking than Marvel movies which really lack in imagery like this

Acting is tough when you aren't wearing a dress.

youtube.com/watch?v=kN_SaHoGwYc

this right here is the worst part about Leto's joker

there were baby onesies when they panned out

I think they were implying Joker was a wreck without Harley

Leto did the absolute best with the shit he was given, can't fault the actor only the shit tier writing

>cholo joker
>there's an actual cholo in the movie

stupid cuck, the differences are obvious

this Joker feels like a Home Alone-type villain, but a bit edgier. Cant take him seriously. Cant imagine him being Batman archnemesis. And that purple lamborghini clip...uergh

Right? just like a kid who write "Marilyn Manson" in his wall with a big upside down cross just to call the attention of mommy and daddy

leto is a goth chick yelling in silence "notice me sempai"

Nope, scene where they fuck in the acid bath as their faces are melting is easily the worst

youtube.com/watch?v=4m8aAG4OSvg

I was more distracted by Heaths expensive suit.
Didn't seem like the type of guy which would spend the time picking out such a tailored outfit.

>jump into vat of acid
>both are completely fine

?

what in the world

if he's already painting his face and dying his hair i don't see how it's a stretch that he's getting himself a proper costume as well

jared leto's joker is scary as a goth kid begging the attention of his parents using linkin park t-shirts and wrinting in his wrist lame 2000's edgy things like "pain" and " save me"

It's not acid, it's the chemicals that bleached Joker's skin and turned his hair green. I assume Harley jumped in so she could get a similar treatment.

yeah no i know it's not acid but that is one terrible scene

True, although the shot of Joker taking off his jacket and jumping in was dope.

>no one can't deny
>double negative

Oh ok, it's not acid is just bullshit

Fuck you that is one of the best scenes of the film with the way he acted in that

This so much! 10/10 brilliant

>expensive
Wat. He probably stole it.

I think one of the problems is the Joker having a girlfriend and being in love kissing a woman.

I honestly cant tell if this is bait or you are genuinely the type of juggalo facebook trash that would actually enjoy any of this pure garbage

I actually don't know how anyone over the age of 15 can enjoy this shit

Its not a good action movie
the characters suck
it takes itself too seriously

I get why people like marvel shit because le quip quip brain off fun but this isn't funny

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens mother fucker.

why everything has to be funny?

I think maybe it's you that's taking yourself to seriously user. If you lightened up a little I'm sure you'd have more friends.

edgy tryhard

stick to your shitty band leto

yea it was one of the better done shots

The movie was ok, why can't you just accept that people have different opinions?

no one says that the movie was bad, but the joker is pathetic

it doesn't but that's what the marvel movies have going for it

He says in the film that he used the money he stole from the mob to pay for it.

Their faces didn't melt you faggot, you keep on posting this same shit. I saw your other thread.

I think there was too little of him in the movie in order to make a fair judgement to be honest, not even counting all the stuff that the studio was rumored to have cut out

at least we got a new Masketta Man song out of it

youtube.com/watch?v=ie13dbqydTs

I for one actually enjoyed Leto's Joker and really want to see more of him in Batflecks Batman movie

>sempai
It's 'senpai', have some respect for japenese culture you ignoramus

it's actually a homage to Pink Floyd The Wall
youtu.be/Pr-JoqFVC5E?t=1m16s

kino

>Shitty film references a shitty band
Why am i not suprised?

It actually says all his clothes are custom made and have no labels, suggesting he made it himself

christ you kids these days and your shitty memory

Something about Harley's face in this picture

>all that acid bleached Joker's skin

CLOROX IS GONNA FREAK!

H's not even a cholo or anything like a street gangster. He's just Ledger's Joker with a new outfit, down to the voice and mannerisms. After all the hype it just amounted to an impression.

>Shitty film references kino film adapted from shitty band

get it right

yeah, because you couldn't pay a tailor to make a suit with no labels you utter fuckling

no that suggests a tailor made it

Dude, when you steal that much from the mob, you can afford the tailor to keep his handiwork anonymous.

the golden ak scene was dope

>bleaches skin and turns hair green
>and makes you less empathetic i guess

what a crazy chemical

we all except people have different opinions, inferior ones.

LOOK AT ALL THESE KNIVES

MOM IS GONNA FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK

>gangster businesman Joker who owns a strip club instead of hanging around in abandoned haunted houses and just making money to fuck with Batman
Leto was shit

youtu.be/kQC82okzTXI?t=117

>TFW when a lot of people just realized how based Ledger's Joker is

1:56

Leto's Joker is completely insane.

The only label on my custom suit is one with my initials on the inside of the jacket.

kek

Why didn't they show the scene where Leto places all those knives and then after 5 hours of setting it up he starts laughing like a maniac and lie in the middle of the knives and after 10 seconds he stands back up and has to clean up all the knives for an hour. Would be an amazing scene.

>5 hours of setting it up
I don't believe it would be that long, honestly. Like half an hour, tops.

The problem is that from the start Leto's character was going to be heavily compared to Ledger.

He knew this.

Everyone knew this.

Instead of pushing that away to focus on his own interpretation of the character and avoiding an 'arms race' of 'jokerness' he actually doubled down on the competition.

The result?

Completely jumping the shark with the new Joker and trying to outdo the performance that came before him. And it shows. It's not just his fault either, it's in the writing and directing too. From the very beginning this wasn't a joker with his own identity, but a Joker trying to beat Ledger's and create the same cult following among millennials as Ledger's did when TDK came out.

What the fuck??

Since i watched this scene, all my will to watch the movie droped harder than their box office desu.

>literally can't defend anything about his shitty movies without blurting out "b-but m-muh-marvel!

Literally kill yourself.

>At least it's a bit more interesting looking than Marvel movies which really lack in imagery like this

Dr Strange trailer has more interesting visuals than all of the DCU combines so far.

Nicholson did nothing wrong

Best joker.

Nobody cares cholo shitskin.

desu im just glad he didn't try to be heath

i quite like the idea of a more gangster joker

i mean he supposedly ran a big crew and had people working for him in TDK as evidenced by the pool cue fight scene but i cant really see him running shit like that.

Granted, havent seen the film yet because >going to film solo

fucking cringe

lol at people calling Joker 'cholo' or 'hiphop'

That image title says 'emo kid' while he's clearly laughing.

Ayer's Joker brings sex appeal and masculinity to the character. He's decidedly not asexual. In that scene it seemed like he was up all night doing meth and heroin (a real Joker wouldn't be straight edge either) probably threatening his thugs into locating Harley while he waits. It seemed like he was in a drug induced daze when Frost came in to tell him that he found Harley. Then laughing and happy because they found her.

This scene was good. A crime boss came to make peace with him and complimented Harley. He gave her to him and was angry about it. Then he killed him

>gangster business man
You're out of touch

This is a bunch of 4hcan autists trying to judge aesthetic through the lense of old comic books and cartoons

is that one E for every knife?

lyk dis if u KNIFE evrytim

But... Joker is a gangster.

Was there any logic to creating a throne out of decapitated baby dolls in The Killing Joke?

Joker has always been an edgy tryhard.

Joker does more than just fuck around with Batman. There are plenty of decent Joker portrayals where he's running gangs and robbing and shit.

The shot where the blue and red dye leaks from her clothes and becomes purple was kino

Dont be mad, you can see people understanding this really deep character in any hot topic near you

IT IS NOT KINO YOU STUPID FUCKING INFANT! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK KINO MEANS!

kino

Maybe he had his sidekick line them up while smiling because yknow he's making this gangster do mundane shit. Joker's sidekick does seem like a normal yes man.

>droped harder than their box office desu.
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dc2016.htm

Pleb

So deep....

So I met this girl who worked at Starbucks, and I worked up the courage to ask her on a date after a couple of conversations at the register. She was a month older than me but I didn't really care, she was fun to be around. So we took a walk along the beach, and we kissed in the pale moonlight, a full moon, it was really romantic. We started really getting into it, and she slowly unzipped my jeans, she reaches inside and starts kissing her way down my chest, she finally gets all the way down, looks up at me with the most seductive eyes I've ever seen and says "This is my gift to you, handsome HONKA HONKA" and I'm like "I don't want no beef" She replies, "What's wrong? You don't like me? Fine! Don't waste my time then." She zips my pants back up and says "Faggot." Best day of my life.

Bob Geldof would have made a better Joker than Jared Leto

You know the whole thing is ridiculous and invented, I agree, but there are chemicals that do a lot of harm to your clothes and do little to your skin. I wouldn't dive into a pool of it though.

WHEN I PICK UP THE PHONE..

>masculinity
scenster faggots like you think this is masculine? If we're talking IRL, zero fucks given masculinity, Nicholson wins by a county mile

Welcome to batman and a lot of joker depictions, enjoy your stay.

So, what's the context of the scene?

I can't decide if I liked Leto's performance or not.

He feels fucking all over the place, and I don't know if I like it.

would be kinda cool with a score instead of a shitty song

Since when has the Joker even been masculine? The BTAS incarnation had a running gag where Harley would beg him to fuck her and he'd get annoyed because he was too busy thinking about Batman. He probably has no sex drive at all.

I guess they tried to make him 'sexy' in this movie so normies would understand why she falls in love with him.

From what I understand it's how the Joker's hideout is laid out. He wants to get Harley back because he views her as one of his possessions that's been stolen from him, so they conveyed that by having his lair be a catalogue of all his stuff.