Thoughts on the use of body doubles in film and TV, including the now common CGI doubles or digital nudity?

Thoughts on the use of body doubles in film and TV, including the now common CGI doubles or digital nudity?
Are they a cheat?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Swan_dance_double_controversy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. What's the big deal about getting naked anyway? I swear to god, actresses these days

t. Eva

well she's French

She has a bunch of tattoos so no.

Khalessi on the other hand....

She was pregnant too

what about Khalessi?

Why does everyone write "t. SOMEONE"? What does it mean exactly?

To be fair, she was preggo and has tattoos. Not to mention she has gotten naked before in other stuff so it's not like she's opposed to it

>Kelsi
Daenerys Cakeborn, Queen of the muffin-top

lurk moar redditcuck

Breaker of chains

Sin City...

Breaker of belts

that's no excuse

everyone else gets naked in the show no problem

Who's the father?

I'm not sure what to think about Portmans Oscar, when all dancing scenes were done by a professional dancer.

no they weren't
the stunt double only did some of the dangerous spots, as normal

It was either that nigga who played Oberyn or some rando big guy.

Biggest disappointment of the show

Khaleesi's naked nonstop

it's bullshit every time

Fuck off JIDF, that was a huuuge thing in 2010.

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Swan_dance_double_controversy

And the stunt dancer was absolutely full of shit

fuck that bitch

Dancer was massively exaggeratting for attention

It sucks

It's pic related

oh

It's a cheat.

That's just stupid

What annoyed me more was people didn't realise i

like who?

>that Emma Watson sex scene

Lurk moar

t.

means source

>source: Eva

people who pirated a shit copy i assume.

I'm not 100% sure but that may have helped as the bitch WAS supposed to be gaining weight from all the opulence.

like she does any remotely risque scenes

"Stupid-CGI" is Robert Rodriquez's middle name.

>T. Newfag

Honest question, shouldn't it work better to let the actress use a "nude" body suit and work angles?

The point of the walk wasn't nudity per se, though it played a part*, it was the humiliation that Cersei suffered for being exposed as a normal person/ powerless to the peasants and everyone else.

* because she was older, getting fatter and sagging.

No, it was obvious pregnancy. I expect Lena will be at least topless again next season though.

I love you Eva

No it doesn't.

It's shorthand for terveisin.

Dang well someone explained that to me wrong.

examples?

What kind of fucking pride would demand that a show waste funds building a photorealistic body when they could literally just take their shirt off? What's the point? It's not like they're actually protecting their dignity: most viewers think it's their real body.

Terveisin, best regards/to health

t. Finn

Do your fucking research before you spaz out, retard. She was pregnant at the time of filming

>do some research
>on Game of Thrones

Gee, that's a funny-looking apology

it's a real body, all that was changed was the face

It looked like shit. Show went to shit at the same time. It's like everyone involved stopped caring

Gee, I guess I'm not whoever you were replying to.

Utterly disgusting. If I were a director and had unlimited power I wouldn't hire an actress that insisted on body doubles.

There's a real wretched classist like element to it all. "Oh my precious boobies are simply too important to be shown on film, but not this random girl extra that's desperate for a foot in the door. She doesn't deserve jack shit like I do." No actress's butt is that special. Either you're ok with showing your body on film or you not and we will do the scene without nudity.

CG nudity isn't really a thing though

If you don't want to do the nudity, don't take the part.

I was happy with it since the double they got had much bigger tits.

Well, tats can be covered up. She was very pregnant, though. That's the only reason Headey didn't do the penance walk nude. She's even said years ago, she will absolutely do the scene naked... just poor timing is all.

Breaker of scales

Faker of nudes