Anybody here have a pet bird?

Anybody here have a pet bird?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIX_6TBeph0
youtube.com/watch?v=AfsnHVaScjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a white head lotto parrot, Why do you ask?

3 parrots.
Bare eyed cockatoo
Sun conure
Love bird

since op seems to be gone.
How old are your parrots?

I just like birds and wanted to see if anyone else on this board had one.

I have 4 Parakeets
and 1 Green Cheeked Conure

>"I like turtles"
>I just like birds...
Both statements are random and enjoyable.

Also got any pics?

I can take one for you

burb

if you want to sure, but its fine if you dont.
the thing i hate about those birds is how they look like after they take a bath.

Three green cheeked conures. Had them for 10+ years and very tired of them.

Cockatoo is 4
Sun is 3
Love bird is 7 or 8, picked him up as a rescue so I'm not quite sure.
Had a green cheek conure too but sadly he passed away. He was 3.

what did your green cheek pass away from?
Also, did you buys those birds?

here's my burb

Yusss

I'm sorry man, that sucks.

Cockatoo guy here. Ive had birds my entire life (36y) If you really want a cockatoo, just watch YouTube videos. I love mine but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I don't think I would do it again.

I can tell he's a male
from his nose color

I heard they're very expensive.
i heard they were up to $1000

Correct. 5 months old and really playful.

Not sure how he died. Heard some struggling one night in the cage and just held him till he passed. Really sucked. He was my favorite.

Yes I bought them.

My bare eye was $1200. Cage was $600.
Sun conure was $700. Cage was $500
Love bird was free. Cage was $100

My 4 Parakeets
They're not really that playful, Really loud though.
I have my flash on because it's kinda dark in my house

:/ well that just sucks even more. Did any of them know how to speak/communicate with people? I'm still trying to teach mine to say basic words.
nice cage.

Also here is my parrot. Bastard is nibbleing on my ear

Oh shit trips
thanks

Amazon? Love it!
Yea the Cockatoo talks and the sun conure whispers. You just gotta keep talking to it. It'll pick things up. Especially Amazons, great singers.

The only thing to do now is fuck him

I have 3 African greys why fam

Planning to get a parakeet soon. How do you deal with the poop issue? Is it a burden, or is it too small to matter?

2 wild magpie bros visit me and eat scraps out of my hand.

Why, thank you.
ive been meaning to get another parrot for my parrot and maybe you gents can help.
Some background about my parrot.
Just got him 2 years ago. He is over 10 and may be over 15 or 20. He has been in a cage for 10+ years with little to no human interaction from previous owner..
My fear is that since mine hasnt had much outside time for his life, will he attack another parrot.
Ive been checking on craigslist to find a free one, money is an issue for us. That or we will attempt to catch a wild one. We have several fly over our house several times a week and go on a nearby tree.
Question is.
1. Where did you buys yours.
2. How did your parrots bonded with one another for the first several days.
3. Any tips/advice before i bring another parrot home.

Buy poop off and wipe the cage down once in awhile. If it shits while you have it out wipe it up. It's not hard.

The poop issue isn't really a problem, the cage you buy usually has a tray that you could put pellets n' shit in, but if it doesn't just put a towel under the cage

My Grandmother couldn't take care of her 2 parakeets anymore so i'm taking care of them now, I bought my conure at petco, and I bought the two other parakeets from the same place

As some of the other anons said its not really an issue. Just put some napkins or newspaper on the bottom of the cage and change it every now and then.
If youre talking about when holding him, the best advice i can give is to get him after he has relieved himself.

Don't catch a wild one.
To start, keep them in separate cages but in the same room and show them both attention equally. Birds are very protective if they become bonded to an owner or another bird.
It all looks good, bring them out at the same time but don't hold them together. Have a friend hold one and you hold the other. Try and get them close and just see how they act. My birds don't play well together. But they tolerate each other.

A funny thing is my conure squawks at me whenever im in the kitchen because he thinks im gonna give him a bath

I got 4 cockatiels, they're the best. One is about 22 years old and still going.

How expensive were they at petco?
Ty for the tips. I would like to rebutt about a wild one. At times when I have my parrot out and other parrots fly by, they squawk. The ones flying turn around and land on some tree or wire. They seem to be intrigued with one another and it seems my parrot wants to go with them or just curious, at the very least. (He flew away once but stayed near where we live, found him the next day. He cant live outside, we think since hes been a pet for so long, he wont know how too. That and when he did have wings he never flew away, he only flew away that one time because the garbage truck scared him.) How long has it been since you brought in the new bird? How do they "not play well". What are the reactions of one another? Also have pictures to share?

Mine try to bite each other when they get close. The Cockatoo would win lol. It's not about your bird getting along with wild birds. Wild birds have diseases and mites that will pass off to your other bird. No good. Plus it's illegal (if you care) to snatch a bird out of the wild and keep it as a pet. Sorry I don't have any pix on my phone.

I know the conure was $350
Not so sure about the parakeets

these little bastards are a common sight in my garden now, southeast UK

Was not aware, thanks.
Well you seem to be wise in the trade of birds.
I truly want a another bird for my bird. A parrot is preferred. Since I dont know anyone giving or selling one at a low price, and craigslist isnt much help, what other birds can be a good companion for a parrot?
That doesnt seem bad at all. Is that a good deal? Was under the assumption a conure would be well over $500.

I just imagined a whole flock of them sitting there, calling "gimmekiss" and "whaddyadoin".

Found some pix. Here is the Bare eyed. D'Lyla.

And the Sun conure.

Parrots can work well with other parrots. I'd suggest keeping them around the same size. Remember that it's never a guarantee that they will get along though. Mine have been in the same rooms there whole lives and they would still bite each other now.

Christ. Parrot has that look of someone who lived a long, difficult life with a "meh" expression in the end.
Looks gorgeous.

one of the funniest things i ever saw was an african grey singing sean michaels theme "sexy boy"

Haha yea she was pissed at the phone taking her pic. She's not fond of electronics.

Well thanks everyone for the talk. Was enjoyable and a bit shocking to see a clean chat within Sup Forums. Heading off, got work tomorrow. One last picture for the road.

yellow headed amazon (about 64 years old), and a blue headed pionus 7 years old (both are rescue birds)

Wait no comeback, I have birds with hats I just got here

You as well, good luck. Love the Amazon!

That's a cinnamon green cheek with a fancy hat.

This one gets crazy at parties

anyone keep birds that aren't parroty?
i want a talking raven. will settle for a mynah

What in the hell. Glad i didnt close the browser.
You got parrots with hats...
I got dogs, just dogs.
Im off for real now. Goodnight everyone.

I had some parrots as a kid from a cousin.

3 of them total, 2 shared a cage and we found 1 dead in it.

So put it in the cage with the other one, it snapped its neck within minutes while we where still watching it.

Realized that it was just a angry shit machine and where happy when it died a long time later..

this fucker was carnivorous. i have the scars to prove

A talking raven would be creepy, but I don't think it's legal to own a raven

>was

>bastard.jpg

I've had finches. Not parrots at all. Little shits who where awesome. Love em.

You can't do much with finches, still cool though

their voices are weirdly deep
youtube.com/watch?v=rIX_6TBeph0

i went on vacation, my brother was looking after my house and feeding the pets while i was away.
he's a heavy smoker and killed the evil birdy with second hand smoke

You in the U.S? It's illegal to own a U.S wild bird. Fear that they would be come popular and wild babies would be taken.
If caught the bird would be confiscated and you would be fined.

Sounds like a text to speech translator, surprisingly clear too

youtube.com/watch?v=AfsnHVaScjg

Greencheek conure
Cockateil
Parrakeet

Jesus Crist they're huge