Hey Sup Forums will a shot through the heart kill you instantly or would you just bleed out slowly?

hey Sup Forums will a shot through the heart kill you instantly or would you just bleed out slowly?

You would bleed out very rapidly and there would be nothing to pump the rest of your blood. you would be conscious for probably 60 seconds before blacking out and dying seconds later.

You bleed out.
But slow is relative, obviously. So a shot in your T box, will be nearly instantaneous, so comparatively a shot to the heart is slow, but a shot to the heart is much quicker than a shot to your femoral artery.

try it and then tell us what happens.

What's funny, is that OP would have about a minute, like the second post stated. And actually might be able to tell us.

Technically you'de be bleeding out but it would be pretty quick before you died. It's a sure shot to take down any big game. right in the heart is the bulls eye.

Technically, the bull's eye, is the bulls eye.

Kek, well played.

If you're looking for the most painless method of suicide, I would plead that you first consider counseling or call your local suicide hotline. There are hundreds of resources desperate to help you in any area of your life.

I don't know your situation, but I once nearly took my own life. For years I hated the people that stopped me but now I'm eternally thankful for the life they saved.

It's better to shoot yourself in the mouth with a shotgun, aiming for the brain stem.
That's an instant death, one second you're conscious, the next your unconscious and dead.

Just make sure you aren't using bird-shot.

go like Cobain,
also, checked

kek. For real.
Go for at least 00 buck.

Where are the bodies Steve.

Shot through the heart, and you're to blame, darling
You give love a bad name

>will a shot through the heart kill you instantly or would you just bleed out slowly?
Don't do it, you'd give Love a bad name.

came here to write this

OP don't kill yourself or anybody else pls
life is already short, just try to enjoy it while you can

You wouldn't die instantly but very quickly since nothing is pumping blood around anymore to transfer nutrients/oxygen around your body, so you'd pass out once your cells and tissues have (quickly) used up the resources in the nearby blood, which I would imagine would take less than a minute.

The sudden pressure or lackthereof would result in pretty much instantanious death

Not a good time.

If it's a decent caliber and you're not completely retarded, you will die within 10 seconds.

I doubt they will actually help if your life legitimately sucks... Besides lock you up and force drug you while putting you further into debt.

op here, still contemplating im so unsure. and thats what drove me to this situation. and thanks to the anons who are trying to help.

and to you other user, as of now i only own a california legal AK soo caliber is a 7.62x39 but im saving for a decent .45 im thinking that'll have more than enough stopping power

7.62 will get the job done, spend the money and have a really nice last meal.

If you're still unsure, then, well idk. I'm also trying to find reasons to live. I guess right now it's just because I live in the same town as my mother, and she would be the one to find me.

But good luck. I hope you don't do it. It's probably worth it to live.

FFS, get a 12 gauge, load it with buckshot and be done with it.

Or go out Califag style and jump off golden gate bridge. Livestream your screams on the way down, and you go out a legend.

Umm dial 911, when operator gets on the line, say That's All Folks!!! and pull the trigger. Cops will find you that way, and not your mom.

P.S. put up a pair of depends first, so you don't make a mess in your pants.

Instant death

Or do it at the beach one weekend.

I mean, not technically, but the sharp blood pressure drop will knock you out before you even hit the ground. You won't be awake to experience the fast bleeding out

Well either way, she'd see me, kek.
She's a nurse.
And I'm not really contemplating, I just figure there aren't many reasons to stay alive at this point. Maybe in a few years there will be.

underrated post

instantaneous death is the best possible outcome, so yes "good times"

the only instant kill is to sever the spinal cord from the brain. break your neck. research proper hanging

kek. yes, the spine being severed causes death upon severance, but I am positive that a shotgun will sever the cord before a fall from around three feet would.

a proper beheading also accomplishes the same trick, and yes, a shotgun can too

2nd quickest is to bleed out from a major artery. being shot in the heart will probs get the job done, but a clean cut to the jugular guarantees it. takes about 2 minutes to die this way

forgot to tag you

two minutes generally at a normal heart rate.
So if you want to bleed out, take some uppers and go for a run right before you cut your juggy.

It would be kinda hard to be sure you hit the head better off aiming for the brain stem.

I had a friend ask the same question once.

He decided to look it up and then got deeply invested in anatomy.

He is now a respiratory doctor for kids with asthma.

>fall from around 3 feet
is it 3 feet though? that's why it's important to research it properly. you need enough speed from gravity that it severs the spinal column but not so much that it decapitates

Forgot to add that he was suicidal too.

Realistically, the general suicide by hanging is from a drop less than three feet. I used three just to give it a chance.

probably. it just depends on body weight. it's been so many years since i looked into it. i don't remember anymore

It definitely makes a difference in regard to the likelihood of it being severed, but no difference on the speed of it being severed.
I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure almost everything falls at the same rate, no matter their weight.
So 00 buckshot from a shotgun generally goes around 1325 feet per second.
A man weighing around 180lbs would fall at almost 4.5 meters per second after three feet.

I would say the shotgun kills you quicker.

aim for the aorta behind your sternum. Low density of nerve endings in the center of your chest, you'll bleed out in 30 seconds or less if you sever it. And you'll get warm and fuzzy and fade to the abyss. I only recommend if you're set on open casket. If not, 12ga 00 buck under the chin pointed towards your brain stem. 99.9% effective.

no. Terminal velocity is something like 130mph. Weight has no effect within reason. A penny and a bowling ball accelerate to terminal velocity at the exact same rate.

This. You want massive brain removal.

not really, there's 24 veins and Twp carotid arteries in your neck. You can sever half of them and still live an uncomfortable length of time. You have to effectively sever all 26 vessels to ensure a death, which would occur between 25-45 seconds depending on your size, vessel diameter, heart rate, etc.