Why do Sup Forumstants generally have such an effeminate taste in music? Not trolling but actually serious

Why do Sup Forumstants generally have such an effeminate taste in music? Not trolling but actually serious.

Other urls found in this thread:

tctmed.com/low-t-faq-testosterone-reason-balding/
youtube.com/watch?v=H35nuyUjEvY
youtube.com/watch?v=mg9wspT84ak
youtube.com/watch?v=q-frFWrskME
youtube.com/watch?v=kF_-dwNvdog
youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3xOgg9mtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're a bunch of girly boys

we are all girls irl

Because popular music critics have been propping up feminine music for the last 60 years and it's entered the mindset of most Sup Forums-tants that feminine music equals good and masculine music equals bad. You can tell this this by the a) overuse of the word butt-rock b) the only metal most people here listen to are stoner, black, and atmospheric c) the aversion to dad rock that isn't Scaruffi or Christgau approved

what do you mean?

it kinda feels gay to listen to overtly masculine music so i cant into power metal like i can bjork
thats why i think bisexual people are capable of becoming the most patrician

Why do you hate fun, OP?

like it or not, it's the nu-male era, just a bunch of degenerates and cuckolds who listen to music as a fashion accesory

when did justin took the bogpill

numales aren't effeminate
numaleism is the epitome what masculinity is

>numaleism is the epitome what masculinity is
true

you're reading me wrong
numales are high test the same as masc males
they're both acts of prostration around gynocentrism

Is that why they are low-T, have wide hips, go bald by 30, have poor eyesight, and no muscle tone?

*the same way masc males are

What, in your estimation, makes a piece of music feminine vs. masculine?

2/5 of those are caused by high test my 'man'

what even is effeminate taste in music

listening to girly shit i guess
not even sure

what is girly shit

What's masculine taste in music look like?

with 3/5 being because of low t way to fuck your shit up that quick you fucking retard
was like 6/10 at first but you're stupid fucking ass couldn't keep it together

>it's entered the mindset of most Sup Forums-tants that feminine music equals good and masculine music equals bad.
Swans and Death Grips are posted all the time though

both of those are hipster shit for skinny white boy nu-males pretending that they're masculine

stuff like anco or bjork or some shit

how are either of those feminine

Pretty much every indie band in existence is feminime by default, also a lot of modern rap could be consider this.
Most metal, industrial, noise, classic rock, punk (in the beginning)
these are feminime though

he's/she's speakins in declaratives now
real big manly shitposter roun here

>have wide hips
woah

numales don't even have the latter items you mentioned anyways, they're all massive stocky hairy "camp counselor" types.

face it, you're two sides of the same coin.

>Most metal, industrial, noise, classic rock, punk (in the beginning)
what makes those masculine

>industrial, noise
idk about that

>industrial, noise
>swans are femenine

Which ones? Balding and eyesight? Because they are both caused by low T. People with male pattern baldness have low T
>tctmed.com/low-t-faq-testosterone-reason-balding/

why are you so concerned with the level of masculinity ascribed to the music other men listen to user? sounds mighty gay.

-45799765/10 I'd advice too lurk more dumbass

>only boys in the band
it's true this is the most masc band ever

But what particularly about the music of indie bands makes them feminine
And what particularly about the music of metal, industrial, noise, classic rock and punk bands makes them masculine?

Maybe we can make this easier:

Which notes are feminine and which are masculine? Which chords are feminine and which are masculine? Which instruments are feminine and which are masculine?

all good art is effeminate. even what passes as 'manly' art is merely a conscious attempt by unmanly men to imitate something they aren't. why? because only a faggot or a borderline faggot would be willing to sit in a room for 10,000 hours during the prime of their life learning to master the bongos. real men are too busy ploughing cheerleaders and being killed by their risky meathead hobbies.

Swans is one of the most effeminate bands that gets posted here. It's all about pure emotion expression and textural shifts over song structure.

Post real masculine music.

youtube.com/watch?v=H35nuyUjEvY

>textural shifts over song structure.
the other one I can agree with but how is this feminine

might as well just say your from Sup Forums user. only you weirdos would look for studies on something like this.

Masculine is an emphasis on refinement and maximalism while feminine is an emphasis on minimalism and unfiltered expression. Industrial, punk, and noise are effeminate. Prog, metal, and most sub genres of jazz are masculine.

probably a higher rate of women than other boards
it's less obnoxious and crass than most boards too

Masculine music: agressive, heavy, glorious, testosterone-inducing, etc. Have you ever seen a nu-male listen to some fucking Bolt Thrower? Nokturnal Mortum? No. Feminine/non-masculine/neutral music: everything else. There is no "masculine chord" or "feminine chord", just like how music is a bit more than just chords. It is the tone, the lyrics, the feeling the music induces.

t. neutered male

sorry i'm not a fucking musician to know all this shit but i'm sure you can hear the difference if you try. Try theseThat's sexism, believe it or not
This. Even if the band members dress like fags you can sense the masculinity coming through them and their music.

It's just a part of minimalism which is the basis for effeminate music. That's why post-rock used to get circlejerked here and prog rock shit on. But now there has been a decent amount of backlash

>Industrial
>Minimalist

I actually encountered someone who refused to listen to certain artists because they aren't fitting to their style and will make them a social pariah. shit blows my mind

>only Sup Forumstards care about their health
>only Sup Forumstards back up their statements with sources

>tfw massive, stocky, not that hairy, anal type who loves St. Vincent.

okay, i am a neutered male so to speak. now that we've got that out of the way, answer the question. why do you care so much?

lmao, that's certainly one way of looking at it. keep your head up user.

Ley me clarify by the way I'm massive but not stocky. I'm tall with big shoulders.

Not him, but I don't care if what I'm listening to is masculine or feminine as I listen to both. But having most masculine music shit on by critics and up mu-males just for its masculine elements ends up hurting music as a whole. And if you don't believe me that this happens, read christgau explain his dislike for metal

This hit a little too close.. I think this was the last straw. Time to switch it up.

t. nu-male

how isn't industrial minimalistic?

i am nu-male, destroyer of arguments
ama

That's an analysis packed with cultural expectations that are not universal and also poorly accounts for genre fusion.

What you are saying, as I expected, is that the music itself - the notes, chords, and structure - are not by themselves feminine or masculine, but that the arrangement is feminine or masculine based on a very particular standard of femininity and masculinity confined to one culture and time period.

metalheads are just a variant of the nu-male. every single one i've met has been a sheltered pussy who has no social skills and demurs in the face of real life confrontation.

do you mean criticism along the lines of "this is too abrasive"? because if so, anything can be too much or too little of anything lol. and i think your putting a little too much stock in to christgaus opinion.

man how is this getting so many replies lol
its just aspies calling each other girls

youtube.com/watch?v=mg9wspT84ak
youtube.com/watch?v=q-frFWrskME
youtube.com/watch?v=kF_-dwNvdog
youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3xOgg9mtk
Doesn't seem that minimalist to me
That said industrial has various facets

I use christgau as an example because he's basically the template for popular music critics that still exists today. I don't necessarily associate masculinity with abrasiveness. I have my explanation of the differences here I think I summed it up well, but I can go into more detail if you don't know what I mean

fuck truthz and shiet my negroid ayeee bruh

How can a particular note, chord or instrument be considered masculine or feminine? It's all about how you use them.

cause that music is accessible but unknown to normal people so they can feel special without listening to actual quality experimental music.

radiohead is not experimental

I'd say most of that is on the more minimalistic side. But industrial is more effeminate for it's emphasis on expression over refinement. I still really like those artists, but for the most part I'd consider the music more effeminate

why isn't radiohead experimental?

Like the other user explained, nu-males have low T

Sorry bro, just accept it

t.
girle fuck you

just like the beatles aren't experimental
because something already came before

please do because im finding it hard to imagine any specific criticism that is aimed at masculine music expressly for its masculinity all the while not being applicable to the opposite end of the spectrum.

How is minimalism vs maximalism not discussing the structure? Also the themes of femininity being associated with pure expressiveness isn't just found in modern cultures, but found in all recorded cultures. Genre fusion can take elements of both, but no one genre is fully feminine or masculine. For example I'd consider free jazz the most effeminate jazz sub genre. Also, there are no chords or notes separating metal from country or power pop. Does that mean that there is no difference between the two?

ow cool! mind telling me what came before in regards to radiohead?

>expression is feminine

misandrist scum.

Not him but, in the case an artist tries experimentation with a genre, is that also effeminate?

This just in: experimental music is only something that sounds NEW

Muse

well meme'd.

Just for you

Well I'll give a specific example of the use of instrumental solos. Using Christgau as the prototypical popular music critic. Christgau has an aversion to instrumental that a) are longer and b) have a strong emphasis on the application of technical skill. This can be seen in his well known dislike of prog jazz and metal. All genres known for their emphasis on technical skill and instrumental solos. However, he enjoys learning my solos in songs such as Television's Marquee Moon because their is little emphasis on technical skill in the performance, but pure expression.

i don't follow christgau at all but the only way i see this argument standing is if he never really critizises musicians for playing with too little technical skill, which i find hard to believe desu.

I'm not saying men can't or shouldn't be expressive. But being expressive is a feminine trait. Everyone should be a healthy mix of the two, but men normally aren't as expressive as women unless they are extremely effeminate men
I don't believe so. I guess it would depend on how they went about it and in what direction the experimentation went in.

why is being expressive a feminine trait though? bonus points if you don't appeal to nature desu.

oasis

I can't recall a time when he criticized an album for a lack of technical skill. But there are several well respected albums like ITCOTCK where he thinks the album is a bloated wank fest. Also, when he reviewed a Bikini Kill album, he even said that he regrettably had to acknowledge the technical skill of the guitarist even though that's not his thing. The aspects of metal that he said he has liked are its aggressiveness, but he has always hated it's attempts to be grandiose. He finds attempts at maximalism, the main masculine trait in music, off putting.

lol even that faggot hates his music

That's because more "effeminate" music tends to be more passive and thus is easier for the average listener to get into. Especially the middle class melancholic hipster white boy demographic that dominates not only Sup Forums, but most other internet music websites (thus why indie/alt rock stuff tends to be top rated everywhere.) This is where someone goes "b-but muh TVU&N and MBDTF!" both are very laidback melodramatic takes on much more visceral and masculine music. Then someone goes "b-but Swans and Death Grips and Nirvana are also given so much love!" Well, it's worth noting that DG are particularly loved more for meme value, and that these three artists also spend more of their time making music related to frustration/hopelessness rather than the feeling of empowerment that comes with masculine records of metal, hard rock, hip hop, etc.

I think it's because the listeners have always usually been very insecure which led to them becoming into cynical and pretentious. This also results in enjoying music for its base surface aesthetics rather than any in-depth observations about the qualities of the music itself, and thus a very narrow minded view on music despite being music fans.

It's not really an appeal to nature to say that it's always been viewed that way. In texts as old as the Code of Hammurabi there are references to women being too expressive at funerals and other events. When you look at popular culture stereotypes of the sexes, a main criticism of women has been that they are too emotional and that men aren't emotional enough. Also, when you look at what genres men and women gravitate towards, especially during puberty, women gravitate towards music with an emphasis on less refined expression. That is also a reason women are more drawn to poetry than men

>its always been this way
>a single example from more than a milennia ago
>a reach of an example from modern times

well i think you've covered all possible bases user, nice work.

What else do you want? I don't think any of my modern examples were reaches. Women do have more of draw to poetry men. I could have also said that it's reflected in how men are more likely to go into business or science where as women are more likely to be social workers or teachers. Or even in the teaching profession, women are more likely to be English teachers and men History. I used the CoH as an example of how far this notion goes back at least. It's also mentioned in the Bible and by others written works throughout history such as Nietzsche

>link literally says the opposite of your claim
do I need to tell adults correlation does not mean causation?

Does classical sounds gay to you, do you know that is the most aesthetic kind of music?, unless you hear field recordings, free jazz or experimental only, all music derives from those "femenine" atributes, are you gay for liking music that adheres to those norms, only an insecure faggot cares if music is manly o femenie, GTFO if you bring your stupid political views to every aspect of your life

>Does classical sounds gay to you, do you know that is the most aesthetic kind of music?
How? Considering that so much of it works with the same family of instruments, it's probably the least aesthetic of the musical genres. Hell, considering how much classical requires a person to pay attention with how surgical it can be, it's the one genre of music that leaves all the bullshit surface aesthetics aside for something actually sophisticated. Mentally this is masculine as fuck.