Ok b, let's see if you know your math:

Ok \b\, let's see if you know your math:

There is a 90% chance that you will get heads when you flip a rare Russian coin.

If you flip this coin nine times out of ten, what is the chance that it will be heads?

>if you flip the coins 9 times out of 10
Wut

i almost took this post seriously

10?

>if you flip the coins 9 times out of 10
Nigga wut

10 dipshit!

I have a coin like this and it never lands on tails. The answer is 100%

OP here, my bad I meant if you flip the coin nine times

I don't know what you're asking. Are you asking what chance is there that all ten flips will be heads? Approximately 35%.

I don't get the question.
There's, like, a 38.7% chance of getting heads nine times in a row? Is that what you're asking?

This question is invalid because it is literally impossible for a coin to have a 90% chance of landing on any side. It is always 50/50.

Your answer is correct for the probability of getting heads 9 times out of 10, but you didn't calculate for 9 times in a row.

I'm asking what the probability is of getting heads nine times. Both wrong.

winrar! But the coin is made up

I thought I'd done that the other way round, my bad if not. Isn't 9/10 what OP wanted anyway?
Why do I care?

>winrar
Do you even math?
If a coin has a 90% chance of landing on heads, and you flip it 9 times, each flip is an independent event. Which means it's 0.9^9, the answer is 38.74%

Better be b8

9 times consecutively, or 9 times out of 10 flips?

The chance is still 90%.

Which translate into 8 times outta 9.

But since it's russian we could assume it will be backwards.

THANK YOU! 38.7% to three significant figures.
I'm moving on with my life now.

You could've also used Pascal's triangle, with

10(0.9^9)(0.10^1)

But it yields the same answer

We'll that depends on a lot of things OP. Let's do some math.

Everyone knows that rare Russian coins cause you to get heads 90% of the time. What is less understood is the type of heads that are brought to you. Sometimes Ivan will bring you actual human heads, but other times Lovochitz will only be able to find heads of lettuce or Mr. Potato Heads.

So if 9 times out of 10 you flip the coin, that assumes that something else happened on the tenth time. The most likely scenario is that a Russian magnet horse got too close to you and before the coin could flip it flew through the air and into the horse's bumhole. When a rare Russian coin flies into a Russian magnet horse's bum hole there is a 20% chance that the horse will then steal Ivan's heads.

So let's do the math.
Flip 1- 10% chance of you not getting heads
Flip 2- 1%
Flip 3- 0.1%
Flip 4- 0.01%
Flip 5- 0.001%
Flip 6- 0.0001%
Flip 7- 0.00001%
Flip 8- 0.000001%

Now flip 9 is where it gets complicated. On failed flip 10 we have to assume that either Ivan or Lovochuitz is still finding the heads from flip 9. The Russian magnet horse will only steal the heads if Ivan is the one out getting them, because Lovochitz once raped the horse. So on flip 9 there's a 50% chance you sent Ivan and a 50% chance you sent Lovochitz.

Chance you don't get your heads from flip 9 even if you get heads- 50%

Flip 9 before bumhole magnet incident is accounted for: 0.0000001%

Halve it to account for bumhoke magnet incident: 0.00000005%

So your chance of getting heads is 99.99999995% even though your rare coin in now tragically sucked inside a horses butt.

And that's your answer OP. Good luck on your stats homework.

Unless a side has a weird weight on it which causes one side to fall sharply

A coin never has an exact chance to land on heads or tails 50% of the time, due to outside factors. By your logic, all coin-related questions should not be asked. Go fuck yourself.

A+

But that's not true. Imagine you glued together an iron weight and an identically sized piece of felt. If you "flipped" this "coin" it would land on the heavier side almost every time. If you downsize this it's essentially a weighted coin.

720 %
/thread