>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P87aMhEsKW4
youtube.com/watch?v=qE-5BDO01VI
youtube.com/watch?v=f_RD4ge4fhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Amp is wide ruled paper, guitar is no. 2 pencil, and pedals are Crayons. Make me something nice to hang on the refrigerator.

Quick, post your top three Eric Johnson tracks!

youtube.com/watch?v=P87aMhEsKW4
youtube.com/watch?v=qE-5BDO01VI
youtube.com/watch?v=f_RD4ge4fhc

There's no music industry at a time when no one pays for music, goes to shows, or buys merch.

I don't know if you've noticed but I've been cutting out the fun posting and focusing on posts with a negative/surely connotation. I think this strategy will drive out anybody left after a few weeks. I think there have been a few guys who've caught on to it and have been helping out by replying with similarly negative sentiments. Maybe some genuine replies too, hopefully.

We can kill /gg/ in a month if everyone gets on board with this. No sane person would want to post in such a toxic environment. Then it's down to the lifer NEETs and I've got something nasty lined up to get rid of them for good.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

reminder John Frusciante was at his peak when he was collaborating with Omar

Remember gearspammer?
Do that.

Where are your tone knobs set?

Mine are:

Bass: 6
Mids: 4.5
Treble: 5.5
Presence: 6

reminder frusciante is a hack

How do I get overdrive on the higher notes?
Like every rock and metal song has a nice fuzzy overdrive on the high notes, but when I use it, they sound just like clean notes only louder

What's a good semi hollow electric?

Preferably in the $500 range

Bass: 3 o'clock, Mids: 2 o'clock, Highs: 3 o'clock. Preamp: noon, Gain: 2 o'clock, Master: tbd

Epiphone Riviera p93 Custom

It's not necessary. There will obviously be a few newbs wandering in here and there and this will turn them off too, but we need to focus on the handful of regulars who'll willingly walk away if we shit it up and keep it shitted up. After they're gone I can take care of the losers who's nonexistent lives revolve around this general.

The end goal is to have this general finally slide off this board and no one caring enough to post a new one.

Is it true that Chris Cornell browsed /gg/ before hanging himself, and that's why his bodyguard had to "fix his computer? "

looks so busy though

On my Ac15 (clock positions)
Vol 10 / tone cut 10 (more bass, bedroom volume)
No trem/verb (pedals)
Bass 2, treble 11

On my bass amp (1-10)
Bass 6/7
Mid 4/5
Treble 4

Also - I got a new bass/gg/! Say something nice about it.

he probably read one of your posts and then hanged himself

your mom looked busy last night

dot

Wrong. /thread

>i use ultrex ones
Not him but... Regular Jazz IIIs come in three different points. When the mold is misalligned you get a scrape edge. File the scrape. I don't think this happens with Ultex.

Nope. Pure awesomeness. That's all.

>tfw you realize you're never going to be able to freely improvise over any progression as you are shit at consistently studying arpeggios and chord substitutions and all the little fucking bits of theory

>good semi hollow electric
>in the $500 range
lol just tell your mommy to go to guitar center and buy you whatever chink shitplank she thinks looks cool, it literally doesn't matter

Riviera or Dot are both great, put filtertrons in my dot, sounds bretty gud

Sheraton pro would be the shit. Believe that's a bit over the $500 range though. But, oh, what a machine!

>polished my turd
>now it's the shiniest turd I own!
kek

sorry i dont make seven figures like you do buddy

Just stop

Mark Knopffler is a good guitarist

>itt: poorfags

Time to get a summer job, kiddies. Pic related.

He is no Peter Buck, but, yeah sure

use more attack and also mids

this is great advice if you've got shit for brains

Thanks breh

>what is a pedal

you're never going to get a proper tone without at least a $2k pedalboard bro, no matter how fancy your amp/guitar is.

>implying any pedal past $100 has any quality difference

They're like computers, you can get a good one that does everything for $600, or you can let someone else put one together for you for $2000 and jerk your dick off about it thinking you made a good purchase

>They're like computers, you can get a good one that does everything for $600, or you can let someone else put one together for you for $2000 and jerk your dick off about it thinking you made a good purchase

please tell me this is bait

laney cub 12 w/ speaker swap to jensen c12
bass 3, mids 6, treble 7, "tone" 10 (/10)

bedroom volume is 1 watt input, volume 2.5 gain 6
I love this amp, only thing I would upgrade to is an Orange OR15 if I wasn't so poorfag

we're guitarists bro

overpriced hipster boutique pedals BTFO

I said a pedalboard not a single pedal idiot. You will need multiple pedals blended together if you want to craft a tone beyond amateur hour at guitar center, pleb

>over-branded headstocks
I think I like the strat head better. That's just me, tho.

>spoiled kid tries to justify his inability to spend money wisely

False. This is what Fender players say. Try a gibson through a marshall, son.

Guitar fag for 20 years here just found your site. Heres osme tips for you absolute normies (i can tell who you are) understanding these will translate indirectly to guitar gainz

>File your picks
>Setup your own gear
>Youtube the harmonic series
>Learn anatomy, at least your hands
>Do full body excercise and streches
>Fucking learn to breath regular while you play
>Clean your fretboard every string change you disgusting fucks

most importantly

>Learn how to shit out a solid 60 seconds of music, COLD. Cause on a good day, everyone can play, but it matters what you can do on a bad day, too. Raise your lowest bar.

>let someone else put one together for you
and you've discredited yourself

it's an investment for when I become the next jimmy hendrix while you're stuck playing for free trying to sell your album at denny's that nobody wants to listen to because you were too afraid to spend money on better gear

>help, I can't comprehend the basics of the English language

>jimmy hendrix

What, you'll become the southern crackhead whiteboi Jimi Hendrix?

>Setup your own gear
besides my hex key - what else do I need to get a perfect setup?
Understring radius gauge, string action gauge - what else?

been debating on getting this amp or a slightly more expensive marshall. Not a poorfag, but I hate wasting money. Would you say this amp is the best to get if my budget is less than $600 or so?

>I blame others for the lack of clarity in my writing

>example is completely written out so any retard could understand it
>quote one part of a whole sentence and try to blame the other person for lack of clarity

>I wrote it so I know what I meant
>How could anyone possibly misunderstand my deliberately obfuscatory language
>The fault cannot possible lie with me

not him but

>being so self-un-aware that you can't even realize when you're typing nonsense

learn to communicate with your words, kiddo. Nothing you say makes any sense

screw driver
sand paper for frets

>I can't understand primary school English
>therefore it is the other one to blame

I want russians to fuck off

no such thing as perfect...though id imagine it'd have to be some kind of dynamic addition that adjusts while your playing, cause your play style changes drastically even from song to song...and if you bother working on your techinique, it will change every month guaranteed (if you practice right). You can play any kind of reasonable setup as long as you approach it right. And if you dont want to approch it right, think about how you would WANT to approach it, and figure out how to make your guitar work for your desired technique.

the tools required really depends on the guitar. understand resonance, and how sound moves in 3d space because playing for an audience is hella hard when only half of them can hear you...and if youre electric, research a bit about how circuitry works, (especially operation amplifiers)

Catch me? the tools you need to setup depend on your setup

The guitar is the smallest part, really...all you need to adjust is the action = truss/nut/bridge/"is my neck warped?" "are my frets worn out?" What does all that take (other than the refret) maybe a screwdriver, hex, and a rag? Maybe pliers and scissors for odd nuts and strings. And two separate rags for wet/dry or clean/dirty. Clothes pins are great for sheetmusic but you kids probably use ipads now.

If you focus your knowledge on a few key areas: Wave physics, Electricity, Established performing arts, then you will succeed in nearly all situations. The internet makes that easier than ever to learn.

Thanks for confirming your understanding of English is primary school level. Get a GED already you fuck

dont sand your frets unless you know why the fuck youre sanding (trying to get out a rough spot) and always use very fine grit, like 2000 grit or more for frets. otherwise youll create more rough spots

Are (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) going to post this every thread?

Sorry, son, but I already got my degree from Harvard

Why are you telling me this as if I don't already know?

Okay Roman

>Wave physics, Electricity, Established performing arts

I love it when people over complicate something as menial as setting up a guitar

Well, I got it for 300 canadian dollars. I think it's the best amp if you can get it around that price point, even if I did have to replace the shitty stock speaker to get a clean tone.

I'm happy with it in the sense that I'm not constantly wanting something else but I would probably trade for something like a DSL15 or something

>people actually come to these threads and ask advice from these idiots
I can't bring myself to believe this actually happens.

where would you recommend me getting some advice from then?

I've tried advice from other forums, youtube videos, guitar center employees, etc. but none of it seems to be working. Anyone want to recommend me some good advice?

I don't know if I'm more impressed with his playing or his haircut

why do I come to this general when I know only assholes post here

Mids: 3 o clock

Bass: 1 o clock

Treble: 11 o clock

Bridge pick up only neck is for nerds

looks nice, kinda similar to my cort GB-74
that split coil looks killer

i'm here user
you're safe with me ;)

your tone must be so kvlt

Oh wait don't pay attention to me I don't understand clocks

My knobs go to 11

is it really cool for guitarists to make faces?

Keep it up brother

Eat shit and die

It's directly proportional to power level

I just bought this. What's peoples thoughts on portable audio interfaces for laptops?

Making faces adds 10 talent points to your stats, that means that by making faces you might actually be able to achieve a decent solo.

yes it is

so is sucking your cheeks

allan holdsword

frusciante sucks big guitar dicks

Hes definitely overrated but bssm is his best work for sure, californication is minimalist "muh emotional tones" only contrarians laud

>literally playing the minor scale up and down like an exercise plus textbook blues licks
>his best work

Its the structure of those songs and the nuances, like slapping in funky monks, the octave intro in bssm, etc.

pf anyone can do that

But you didnt, he did.

Post tasty guitar albums

>Post tasty guitar albums
You first

>implying