Ask a guy going through his third day of withdrawals anything

Ask a guy going through his third day of withdrawals anything.

for alcohol?

Yup.

whats it like?

how much do you have to drink to even become an alcoholic/have withdrawals

how irritable are you?

Why? It's so delicious and helps you forget your problems.

Sucks. I'm doing it with just friends and family in order to avoid a detox center but I keep on fucking up the schedule.

I started out managing the period where you have the shakes pretty well but I fucked up the count of spare beer I have, got desperate, put a few drops of rubbing alcohol into some grape juice. Realized that was dangerous/desperate and stupid, induced vomiting and drank a shit ton of water. Now I have no liquor in my system.

That's almost square one.

It takes a while, depends on your size, age, how long you have been drinking and the kind of liquor. In my case it was between 8 and 12 tall boys for roughly 6 months, everyday.

Did, I'm so pissed of, scared, confused. Its a combination of the worst emotions.

My family is insisting and I'm pretty much fed up, plus there are some other issues that don't make being drunk all the time smart.

does smoking weed help? try it

I'm considering switching over to pot but it depends on where you get it in my area. A lot of the shit here is laced with coke or crack.

Its not like Idaho with huge cornfields where farmers can hide their dope crops.

have you ever fucked a giraffe?

Nope. Too busy fucking your mom b/ro.

Fellow recovering alcoholic here.
We're probably the only sober people on Sup Forums atm.
Fuck weekends.

my mom is dead and buried. she also was trans before she died and had a cock. bet you had fun.

dude I'm sorry man, I'm not an full alcoholic but tend to get angry when I don't have alcohol for a few days

Do you still drink?

Gobbled that knob, fucked it up its ass. Wait until it was dead, dug it up and fucked it again.

Can't. I'm ordered by the courts to refrain from drinking and have to take an etg test to make sure I stay sober or it's back to jail. Fucking sucks.
Fuck AA btw. I hate those cocksucking assholes even though having a sponser would probably make this shit a little easier.

I'm the same way but there are levels. I get what people think when they see me frustrated and dodging to the liquor store when I'm dealing with assholes or just want to zone out.

I once saw this native dude in a bathroom chugging rubbing ethanol from a bottle. He was huge. I couldn't believe he was even alive drinking that shit. He probably cut it with something but yeah. Don't let it get out of hand man. Take a few days off every now and then and find something else to occupy your mind and time.

oh, ok

Ausfag here, you from America? What do you fags consider alcoholism?

How long you been an alcoholic and how did u fall into it?

Having more than 2 beers a week.

hey man i got a bag of heroine. can you watch my house while i shoot up and pass out on the couch for a few hours. these damn kids in the neighborhood are always stealing my dope while im asleep.

lol did someone tell you that? I don't think that ever happens, there's literally no reason for anyone to do that. That's like saying a gift shop is replacing the fake gold rocks with real gold rocks and selling them for the same price. Coke is fun and expensive as hell and can't really be smoked. It would be huge waste of money for anyone.

You got pinched, huh?

It happens to the best of us. Its so hypocritical because most of the judges, lawyers and cops have their places where they smoke, snort and drink themselves into an absolute mess.

Once had a Drunk Cop (no reason at all) stop traffic for 30 seconds, direct it (wobbling on his feet) get back in his cruiser and speed off.

lol and those are the people who get to call other's drunks and addicted.

Kek, nah seriously?

yep really disgusted with this "justice" system.
fuck pigs and lawyers and judges. there really is a layer of hell reserved for these sick fucks.

Candy actually. It's pretty all over the place tbh. Some places drinking heavily is a right of passage to be given up for harder drugs right when you hit between 25 - 28. You binge heavily on the weekend. So in a group of 15 males, that are about 25, you'd take the weekend and drink four or 5 - 24's, a few shots, then go to the pub and get 3 pitchers. Then come down on a Sunday and beat the hangover with more booze and sleep until you flushed your system with water and tylenol.

Other regions are what I am assuming Australia is like where you can drink unapologetically.

>have successfully w/d off alcohol, Xanax, and THC all at once
>was heavy use for years
>only had 1 seizure
>resulted in s concussion too
>get on my level

lel. I don't really consider myself an alcoholic but not long.

I think around the time I really needed to curb my drinking was around the time I wanted to get married. So, 6 months ago.

Jesus. Who came up with that rule?

So.. Drinking on the weekend with friends makes you considered an alcoholic?
What the flying fuck?

Psychologists. Fucking quacks.

Dude, there is no way there is THC that does this shit and yes, I have a very good friend who did it all who told me that.

I think the reason they evenly dispersed the coke amongst themselves and smoked it was for just that reason.

Two birds. One stone.

Yup.

Lawyer up only if you absolutely have to. Don't call the cops unless you don't have any friends to help you.

Oh wow, you were serious

Its the amount. If you spread that kind of booze out across a week, none-stop and change the variable of friends - the argument can be made that the people involved are drinking too much/not spending enough of their down time not being active and productive members of society.

>24s
>pitchers

Please define these/with how many standards

>3 days out
>talking about withdrawals

Fuck off you pussy bitch, if you aren't in the hospital by 48+ hours, you don't have shit for withdrawals. Let me know when you put down half a handle or more a night for a few years. Then go cold turkey for, not even 3 days, 2 fuckin days, you weakass, you're a sorry excuse for a drunk.

Its a lot of pseudo science too.

If you think about what rehab centers really do, its hold up the state or your insurance company so that they can tell you who you are. Its a trade off:

"We'll give you a safe place to come down, give you liberium and an IV and monitor your vitals but we want somewhere in the 10's of thousands of dollars and to fuck you over so you never get another well paying job again."

24 bottles of beer.
A mug of roughly 60+ So, three or four pints if I'm not mistaken.

Half a "handle" is roughly 15 standards yeah?

A handle is 1.75 liters, and I'm talking vodka, not beer.

I don't know what a standard is.

>> if you aren't in the hospital by 48+ hours

What does this mean?

>>Let me know when you put down half a handle or more a night for a few years.

Bro, in my prime I would drink you under the table for two days straight. Then fuck a bitch, drunk a letre of water and make 1400 that week. Not even batting an eyelash about a hangover.

Good luck bro, been through some gnarly opiate withdraws myself. It'll get better in a few days. If it doesn't and you keep drinking, try detox. Hope thigns get better for you

Yep
Part of the recovery plan is to get a job, otherwise they make you go to fuckass meetings everyday.
But the shitty thing is, once you get a job, they take away your fucking medicaid and my job isn't going to pay for this shit, emergencies only.
My bitch of a counselor doesn't want to let me go either even though I keep telling her I can't pay for the treatment and the judge said it was okay for me to be discharged.
I swear she's in love with me or something, fucking women man.

Sadly OP, im day 53 from withdrawls here. I was only drinking for 1 year and i have no intentions of drinking at all, i still have heart issues that comes and goes from this shit, how long where you drinking?
I have been smoking on and off for years, but, i can't smoke as i get increased heart rate, blurry vision, numbness in body, light headed, slight tremors, and dehydration/pale skin/dried lips and hands.

It's gotten miles better but I'm still having issues, i can somewhat smoke now but no more then 2 hits or the symptoms happen, also, check your blood sugers, at 20 i had hypoglycemia because of this crap but its not permanent, just eat protein and try to get natural glucose and stay away from processed sugers and food for a couple weeks.
Pic is of me having what seemed like a attack after smoking a bowl... i miss getting high normally.

48 hours dry.

For as much as you say you drank, I'd think you knew that. I know you're full of shit because when your drinking that much, you need medical attention after 24 hours dry. I've been there twice now, quit bullshitting, you're on an anonymous image board.

A standard drink

I was drinking a pint of whiskey a day for a year and had a seizure, also, im the one above with the pic, im white, but not that white

I'll be cool. I'm basically okay. I have 911 on speed dial but its not that bad. I just don't want it to get worse.

I was like the fool up there putting down vodka and rum, realized it wasn't smart. So, I kept pretty safe with beer. I like beer and I want to keep drinking it but its gotta be a little more responsible if I'm fucked up like this between times when I can get it.

Plus, I'm not really in a space to be fucking with booze. There are a lot of people around me who have some fucked up opinions about my drinking when I know they're down for all types of shit that I wouldn't touch with a pole.

Thanks, tho.

875 ml of high strength spirit. So that's your standard.

For sure. Alcohol w/ds are dicey since you can seize up and die, but I'm guessing if you're able to type that's not gonna happen lol.

I had a seizure on day three and i never went as i never told anyone about it.... your fucking dumb man. Also, had every symptom you could google outside of auditory hallucinations and tactical hallucinations. I had dialeted pupils aswell for some reason.

And a lot of the time you're flagged in some system if you want to do anything that might dig you out of your debt.

Want to operate a heavy machinery? Join the Army? Be a doctor, Lawyer, College Professor? You better hope they never found out you were institutionalized. Otherwise you have to do a whoooole lot of explaining.

are you fucking nuts? alcohol and benzo cold turkey detox is potentially fatal. Go to a facility, they will wean you down on some benzo and make sure you are not dead on a regular basis. you get regular smoke breaks too.

I don't have any further questions because I have been there - benzo withdrawal is about the same as alcohol. I have detoxed from almost every drug possible to enjoy, and only after days of benzo draught, I noticed that I was withdrawing from opioids and stimulants simultaneously. GABA agonists are the worst by far. opioid detox can be managed to a tolerable state with other drugs to mitigate symptoms. stimulants you just have to keep away from anything you love because you are gonna hate it later, sleep as much as possible, fill the gaps with mediocre snacks and shit TV, and accept you will not be having fun. Marijuana, you gottta be kidding, I experienced no symptoms after like 6 years of daily use. None.

GABA agonists like alcohol and benzos, while I consider them useful in limited circumstances, are a unique breed of evil to detox. I mentioned that you can die - it even happens in facilities occasionally - but you are really playing with fire at home. My sis, a professional at such a facility has seen fatalities even with a 30 day taper, recommends a 50 day taper instead, and further suggests that you arrive drunk as fuck because it can take time to get your paperwork and treatment set up.

In addition to non-trivial risk of death and certain nerve damage, you are looking at a really horrifying few days, followed by months of missing alcohol every damn second of every day because you didn't taper. I had hallucinations - not the fun ambien kind, the ones that involve spiders. Every sudden noise spiked my blood pressure to the extent that I could hear my heart like it was a jackhammer. Sleep is out of the question, so even without all that, you are not functioning.

>4.8 Vol full strenght beer
really now? thats regular beer mate, below thats is just piss water. Stronger beer here is about 8.5 Vol

Well fucking die then you piece of shit. If you can't seek medical help for something so easily fixed, fucking let yourself die before you procreate and make equally retarded children.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Sup Forums.. fucking idiots aplenty.

You're trolling me.

these faggots are like the whole lot of Sup Forums, a bunch of know-nothing niggers talking like they know shit. Yeah.....Nah.

Im day 53 clean you dumbass. Also, i couldn't afford a ambulance, im 20, can't drive in my condition, parents where sleeping, and i seized up out of nowhere you cunt.

Yeah its just a guide to explain what a standard drink is, we aren't measuring cocks bro calm down.

I have friends who work at hospitals who hook me up with iv's.

Going to a hospital is hit or miss if you go to a hospital. They run your blood and if it looks like they needed to help you detox - that can be as bad for you as going to rehab on your record.

Well, let me help you with your troubles.. KYS.

I don't know where your from but in the US medical records are private. The only time anything effects your rights is when you are checked in 5150.. Not if you voluntarily checked in to detox and get clean.

Acting like you drink hard but have no clue about withdrawals stfu. The other poster was right.

If OP was truly a complete alcoholic it would absolutely retarded and a vet easily fatal choice for his family to keep him from supervised medical care dieing his detox. Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs to detox off of. DTs are no joke. He very well may have had a serious drinking problem and doing dumb shit and drinking too much lead to family intervention. Good for him, clean up dude.

But if he was truly an alcoholic on day 3 off the sauce he wouldn't just have a bit of the shakes

No, im not. Day 53 sober and i can barely smoke.

My withdrawls consisted of: Massively increased heart rate, dialeted pupils, hot flashes and cold sweats, whole body tremors, physical pain, dehydrating delerium/confusion, blurry vision that comes and goes, and as shit as it was a seizure. There where more symptoms, i just barely remember my own withdrawls. I was in hell for weeks.

I'm basically a healthy guy outside of this. The only thing is I know its starting to get out of hand when I'm shaking like a leaf.

I had a bad one the other day and was like "Ahh hell no." Cut the drinking down, went through my paces.

Puking, sweating, IV, oral rehydration and light intake of booze to keep the shakes at bay while until they stop all together.

I can fell the edge nigger.

RIGHT

citation needed. I will cut my dick off if you can produce one that directly contradicts my post. Or would you prefer to hear my credentials and fuck off?

Dude if you're for real, learn how to make cannabutter, then google a recipe for brownies. Boom, no smoking, all stone. I made the switch to edibles because I was getting bad lungs from all my pot smoking, occasionally smoke a bowl now, good lungs & i'm stoned all the time.

I doubt it, you start being classified as an alcoholic when your regular consumption of alcoholic beverage starts taking on problematic forms. High long period consumption with difficulty reducing, a strong urge to drink, start to neglect other responsibilities etc.

Once your drinking is becoming a problem (health, jobs etc.) in the rest of your life you're likely an alcoholic.

Just having a few drinks or getting drunk every now and then is not an issue and is not alcoholism.

Speaking of idiots

Its so irritating when people like you show up. Oh just seek medical attention bro or else i hope you die

How fucking dumb are you then? I swear all the jackasses that come on here to yell at people and kyspost are the pathetic broken kids that were bullied their whole lives so they come here and chimp out to feel like they're superior

Bunch of know it all children on this board.

Omg dude one day I drank like 20 beers I'm gonna go brag to actual alcoholics like that's either impressive or something to be proud of. Absolutely clueless

Actually edibles make it worst sadly, I've been growing my own for quite sometime. I can make anything from cleaned sift to coconut oil tinctures. I can't smoke anything but one or two puffs of somthing sedative or euphoric, anything energetic or stimulating gives me terrible symptoms.

I'm not going cold turkey. I'm tapering. Plus, I'm being monitored. There are a lot of redundancies in place. I'm not as bad as a lot of other and beer is the best alcohol to taper off with.

Believe me. I know it sucks. I know physicians who are willing to get me into intake in time but I have been to see a doctor already. I'm pretty sure if I am still experiencing symptoms after this I'm going.

That's what I'm saying but like I'm saying. I'm going to speak to someone about it.

Tapering okay that makes a lot more sense. Good luck dude.

I have been a functioning alcoholic for about 5 years now. Every few months i take a couple weeks and really drop how much i drink and take days off. I'm very concerned about my health. I can't imagine how many years I've knocked off my life

Well its an addiction or dependency so I guess the only person that really knows is yourself.

That actually was my issue, i quit cold turkey and ended up having withdrawls i didn't think i was going to have. First 7 months where a half pint to a pint of jack daniels no more then 5 days a week, then the last 5 months where everyday at a pint atleast. Last day i drank was on feb 19/20. Had a 1/5th of jack and binge drank it withen 24 hours. I was contemplating my habbit so i quite cold turkey.

I agree completely, however, I suppose when it really gets problematic as an outsider you'll start to notice it. When they show up drunk to work or something.

Yeah, my best friends dad is a functioning alcoholic. My understanding is that besides (liver disease, certain organ damage) a big threat to alcoholics are falls. Falling down i.e. losing coordination and falling.

You quit cold turkey?

What was that like.

See this is what I'm trying to get in my head. It seems like there are roughly 3 schools of thought:

1) You're an addict, there is no going back. You need detox and to forget about whatever shit you were on for good.

2) You're an addict but you're a functioning addict. You will get the shakes if you don't have your fix but if you can live with your habit while you take on the risks of everything that comes with your addiction - good luck.

3) You're an addict and if you try to ween yourself off on your own, you're screwed. This is not the same as cold turkey.

Like were does "Enjoy Responsibly" come back into any of these.

It depends on the person.

I have never fallen down drunk. I retain motor functions extremely well. Most of the time my speech isnt noticeably different.

It fucks with my head though. I become very stupid and impulsive, I blackout so fucking easy and i just spew bullshit. I have only puked maybe 3 times the past 4 years or so and like I said ive never fallen.

I'm in good shape and exercise regularly. I'll literally go for a 4 mile run with a water bottle and a flask. But still i get heart palpitations, my blood pressure is not where an otherwise healthy 27 year should sit and i experience regular abdominal pain bad acid reflux and hypogkycemia.

Booze hits everyone's brain a little different it seems but its fucking a bunch of organs no matter what

Worst 70+ hours of my life!
I was not a addict and only drank to get drunk and listen to music. When i quit it was on my own two feet. I have no intention of drinking and when i quit it hit me like a sach of bricks.
Look up alcohol withdrawls on google, take everything but hallucinations and thats what i had. (i had a visual that made a rainbow stream around all lights in my house but nothing tactil or auditory) still fighting but only against my organs and brain.

How much and what were you drinking when you stopped?

NM, saw your post above

Are you my boss ?

It got to be more as i quite because of tolerance.
It started with a half pint whiskey or 2 40'oz light beers. About 6 month in it turned into a pint of whiskey or 112 oz's of beer, then the last 3 months was a pint and maybe 1 or 2 mikes harder lemonaides (mango, 32 oz., 8%alcohol) or a 40oz and 32oz beer. Ot was costing almost $20 a day. Everyday. My last drinks was a binge on 24 hours from a 1/5th of jack daniels to my dome. Im not a mentally addicted person and i was able to quit right off the bat. Should have thought through it more but life said fuck me for wanting to be clean XD....

Same as me. The only thing I don't like is the stigma of being considered a drunk and having people lord it over me.

I have experienced a couple spills but it was a heavy night. Wine did me in. You gotta watch out for wine.

I never had tactile or what I think is tactile.

Did you go cold turkey, everyone keeps saying its dangerous or are you still drinking albeit lightly?

I've been really bad with beer my whole life and now I do a job with random on call bullshit. I'm gonna land a DUI or piss off a customer at this rate.

I'm at 8 natty ice a night atm, just to sleep really.

Big question, is sober better?

Good thing you didnt have a heart attack.

I need to do what youre doing soon, but nobody really knows how much i drink tbh.

What advice can you give me on starting down this godly path?

Tactile is seeing shit that isn't their so i can't say that i have.

But, i do not drink at all. I can't even smoke. But, i do have beers in my fridgefor a friend who left them, they have been here for 20 days and honestly i don't want to even look at them. I fucking hated the withdrawls and my ego makes me refuse addiction.

Absolutly, mysic is worst though.
In fact, being high on life is real when your withdrawls where off. Id seriously take into consideration of not going cold turkey like myself. It's fucking brutal. You will hate life for weeks from depresion from chemical imbalances on a suicidal level for no reason which was my biggest problem. Wouldn't kill myself but fuck i just wanted to die for the first 3 weeks. A clinic would help you aswell.