April is limb loss awareness month. Ask an above-knee amputee anything

April is limb loss awareness month. Ask an above-knee amputee anything.

checkin those digits
wheelchair or pegleg?

why havent you gotten one of them dope prosthetics yet? do you hate cyborgs?

Do you use your disability to get pity sex? And if so, can you help me cut my leg off?

Do you hold some Bitcoin?

Microprocessor knee - I walk almost normally. I run on a blade, get around day-to-day on a typical knee-foot combo.

Phantom pain?

post pics of leg attachment

Got one.

This is the one I run on

nice
have you thought about staying with the blade thing permanently and being a badass, or is it too weird to balance on

It's an inch longer than my sound side to account for compression on impact so it's totally impractical for ordinary walking around. It also has a different contact area. A foot with matching shoe is just far better.

huh, wouldn't have guessed about the height

I've always wondered: how do they prevent the femur from poking out of the bottom?

What happened to your leg

My quads and hams are connected, basically forming a sleeve around the bone. However, I have very least title soft tissue at the end of my leg. I don't hear weight, and no above-knee does, directly on the tip of the leg. My weight sits on my socket which touches the base of my pelvis.

Bone cancer. I'll find a pic.

is it possible to get a custom leg with gadgets and shit like that

See photo. White mass is tumor.

Yep! And in a sense all legs are custom. My socket is molded plastic and carbon fiber built on a cast of my stump. And there are custom parts of all kinds. I own four different leg-foot configurations, in fact.

Sorry - photo

once again op is a massive fucking faggot

sheeeeeeeit

If you say so.

you forgot your hat faggot

Why the hate, dude? Is there some anti-one-legger Sup Forums code shit I'm out of the loop about?

I wish.

Not bad thinking. It could work for you.

What do you expect
Not him but for the best pity sex, remove both legs, also say you're sterile so you don't have to fuck around with rubbers

god damnt stumpy
op is ALWAYS a fag
its not that complicated

Oh fuck, my bad. I knew that.

When will you become pic related?

>time to get my asskickin foot out

ever fucked a girl with leg stump ?

You sound like a newfag trying to fit in

You're a faggot too.
fag

Fuck. That shit gives some symptoms how they detected it

Kek - nah. Married and pretty conventional. But there's a HUGE world of fetishists who are into amp pics and shit.

I was already 45 at the time and my knee hurt constantly but I just figured it was age, etc. Finally got to the point I couldn't stand it, went in ,got crazy, lost leg. Chemo though, honestly - far worse than the surgery.

Would you?

Working on it. One limb at a time.

Totally. I've been involved in passports since 2013 and spent a year constricting. Got yoked as fuck and wished my leg made terminator sounds. I like strutting around like a Borg.

And nice dubs.

Do you ever get phantom pain?

I'd cut off some of my legs for a pair of those babies.

Used to pretty regularly. I still feel some phantom sensation. If I think about it I can still sense my foot and toes. When I'm wearing the leg, the phantom sensation goes away. I rarely get true phantom pain anymore. At night sometimes the phantom limb will itch. That blows.

Oh god man, that would drive me batshit nuts.

On House some nigga got rid of the pain through mental magic. That should do it for you.

You can get used to anything really.

pretty sure that was muscle tension shit, if there was a cure for shitty random itches the world would be a different place

How long did you wait before seeing a doctor ? This sounds like the typical retarded shit we all do until it's too late.

Yeah, and I rub lizard tails on the end of the leg every night so it'll probably grow back soon anyway.

Pray to kek about it.

oh shit this nigga gonna turn into Doc Connors

It was retarded of me. I probably had a tumor growing for a few years. But in my case, with that particular cancer, I'd have lost the leg no matter when they found it. I'm just lucky it didn't spread to blood or soft tissue.

Are you trying to start a spiderman thread?

Should help. Thanks for that.

All threads run their course. When someone asks for a dick shot showing stump, I'll know it's time to surrender to Spidey.

...There's something I'm gonna need from you now...

Damn, well at least you won't feel too much regret this way.

I once woke up with a really swollen knee. Like it was both swollen all around, but it also had like liquid inside the joint, which sort of made a hard swollen area around it.

My first thought ? I'll wait a few days and see how it goes. I was lucky it was "just" an auto-immune disease, and was solved by draining the liquid out and weekly injections. But damn, had it been something else, like an infection, I might have put not only my knee or leg at risk, but my life.

I know how you guys feel. I woke up the other day and my shoulder was sore. Really sucked. Slept on it wrong.

Kek

this guy didn't even lurk

But we all do that. We just tolerate shit. Who thinks an old, sore point's gonna be fucking bone cancer? My wife honestly didn't believe it when she heard the doctor say it.

stop making it so hard on yourself. just replace it with a unicycle

In order

No, my weight rests on the ischium, a process on the pelvis basically in my taint.

Yes. I lost volume in my leg for 18 months. Fit is extremely important, ergo weight management even now.

Yes and no. I can sense it, but it's tingly and faint. Not like the other foot.

No, thankfully. My prosthetic knee function allows me to have a normal stride.

How expensive are prosthetics? Does insurance cover or help with more than one? Have you looked into those really fancy prosthetics with computerized ankle joints that make for really natural movement or do those not work with above-the-knee?

I mean... yeah. Why not this? If you have to lose a limb you might as well strap some cool shit to the stump.

My hams and quads are there, but with nothing below the knee to attach to, they're almost useless. So yes. They shrink up to almost nothing. However, I try to use them as much as possible, just flexing. They can't hypertrophy enough to make me outgrow the socket, but I try. Most amps have three or more sockets built before they get down to their final size.

Do you get moneys now from the government?
How could you afford microprocessor legs?

Totally oughtta

I'm wearing about $60k everyday. Most policies pay 80% or more but some cover nothing at all. My knee is computerized, but there's not enough room in my case to get a powered ankle between my knee and the foot I like. I have test driven an ankle rig though and it rocks.

I'm self employed and my insurance covers most of my prosthetic costs. And no, I have no form of government support.

Fuck off to your andy sixx shitposts faggot. This is actually engaging and doesnt concern braindead fucktards like yourself.

There's a swim leg I've demoed before. Basically makes me a fucking dolphin.

Holy shit that's a lot more expensive than I thought they would be, even with it being computerized. Do you have a "bare-bones" super basic backup leg in case the computer breaks or isn't charged?

Several now. I have three microprocessor knees, a mechanical knee, two old sockets and two back up feets plus my running leg and blade. Quite a bit of that I got from sponsorships. Most amputees aren't as fortunate.

Are you allowed to drive if it's your right leg? I used to think the only bearable leg amputation would be below the knee but with microprocessors and such above the knee sounds fine

I have a adapter that converts the accelerator to the other side so I drive with my left foot.

>Quite a bit of that I got from sponsorships.
What are you sponsored for?

And bk is still FAR easier than ak. My knee is smart, but it's passive. It generates no lift or power. Infant bend or straighten it at will. It's all gravity making it work. So I can't, for instance, push off a bent knee on that side to climb stairs. I can't raise up from a squat on that side, etc., etc.

How do you work the clutch?

Challenged Athletes Foundation has given me three grants over the years and I also represent a manufacturer.

its really cool to come on here and see something like this. cool for the different topic/thread

not cool is you lost a leg and amputated.
but neat to see the stuff you use

Don't drive a stick. That's beyond me, sadly.

Thank user. I worried it might be sappy talking about oneself on Sup Forums, but fuck it. I find it interesting myself, more interesting than rate my bbc trap benis threads.

trap benis bullshit threads are annoying
seeing small parts of other user's lifes is interesting.

Pleb
At least get slapstick or pic related

I wish. Just not nearly enough control over the fake foot even to operate the accelerator. Hand controls maybe an option...?

Are squats/deadlifts out of the picture?
Can you cycle or judo or other martial arts?

Are they as boring as fb/ig fap threads?

Is your prosthetic leg perfectly matching your natural leg's length? If not does it give you a lot of spine trouble?

who needs judo when you can wear a tommygun on your leg

Interestingly, no. I do both. Hang on and I'll grab some photos.

You could go full Christopher Reeves and drive by blowing into a tube and shit. Then you could whack it while driving.
But yea, I've seen some sick hand control setups. Get you a rock crawler and go offroading. Shit's cash and you'd want an auto anyway

For starters, the sound side does almost all the work so it gets ridiculous. But how I squat and deadlift is different. I'll get those pics. Brb.

Need a hand?