Prequels

Sum them up, in ten words or less.

ITS TREASON THEN WARGHWAAGAGHRFLWAAGRLLL

space opera kino

Pure space kino

The Star Wars prequels are prequels to the original trilogy.

A communications disruption could mean only one thing.

pure unaltered hot garbage except the finale of EP III

They might have gone too far in a few places.

Disappointment

Poetically:

The folly of love,
all given forth
nothing to keep

3 somewhat poorly paced but sorely overhated movies

kino

Attack of the Clones was beautiful kino.

better than the force awakens

Wasted potential, but still enjoyable. They don't deserve the hate.

It's a lot more pretty seeing some stills in something better than 480p

Nice meme

Plot holes

pottery

I'm dead serious about it. I'd rather watch hours of the corrucent part of episode 1 in looping than 7 ever again. This piece of shit deserve all the hate and gets praised instead, that's fucking disgusting.

I don't know what's more hilarious, your delusion or that you think it's at all justified

Tell me all about le evil Jews and feminist sjws that are ruining star wars and how TFA is a "ripoff" and the prequels were so original (even though they turned Vader and Boba Fett into the most important people in the universe because they sold toys)

I kind of agree with you in a less extreme way. As it currently stands 7 is the movie I least care about revisiting and it sucked that it didn't try anything all that new, but it's still an OK movie.

That said, I'll probably finish off this trilogy and just ignore everything that Disney comes out with after Episode 9.

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE PREQUELS ARE EVIL

Nowhere in his post did he mention Jews or feminism. Looks like you have a problem assuming things.

Unnecessary, I prefer linear storytelling.

better than the force awakens all of them

I don't care that it's a rip off, I care that it's a piece of shit throughout its entirety.

>le evil Jews and feminist sjws that are ruining star wars and how TFA is a "ripoff" and the prequels were so original

where did you get these opinions from? did you read the script?

Please enlighten me as to how it's so bad then

Better than any of us peasants deserved.

Bad, bad, and better than episode seven.

If you'd watch the movie you'd know, if you did watch it but didn't notice, you're unsalvageable.

utter shit

lmao
>this is what leftist tinfoilers actually believe

this desu

it's just bland. the prequels at least have originality in some scenes

TFA is a mechanically well made film with good characters and a tight script and the absolute worst you can say about it is that it lifts a little too much from the OT, which the prequels are just as guilty of anyway.

>good characters and a tight script
Yeah, almost as good as bayformers.

It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground

Do you honestly, truly believe this or are you just baiting?

Space autism

>TFA is a mechanically well made film

The word "mechanically" perfectly describes it: a soulless film that only exists to sell toys.

Serious. Pic related.

the anti-reddit

You have autism.

this
they exist to weed out those who can't handle spacekino

am I the only who is being postblocked by the capcha

Big pile of doo doo

Yet the prequels, which made Darth Vader space jesus because he was the most popular character and filled the universe with Boba Fett clones are some sort of passion project by Lucas? Fuck off.

I'm sorry you had power fantasies of being a big SUPER DUPER BADASS sith lord as a kid and the movie was making fun of you for it

Palpatine's behind it all

The most disappointing thing since my son.

Ambitious sci-fi operas with not enough soul.

What?

The prequels were planned since Empire was released. Try again, dumbass.

Some good ideas, all poorly executed. Too many yes-men.

>planned
"I will make prequels" is not "planned"

Desert orphan gets edgy while politics march onward

Except it's literally in Lucas' initial outline of the story

>Forgetting the most kino shot in the whole movie

it's all about the money
it's all about the money

Hey bro you forgot a shot

Yes they were, you fucking idiot. It's why George put the Episode V subtitle when he first released Empire back in the 80s. Ask anyone who was alive then and they'll tell you how confused they were.

There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about TFA.

There's no sense of story at all.

Rey is just a Mary Sue. Fucking broke poor girl who just so happens to be one of the greatest pilots you've ever seen and is able to use the force with almost no exertion. Like who the fuck can actually stomach this? If she had been a he people would criticise this shitty character development way more.

Black guy is a Brit speaking in an American accent chewing out hammy dialogue. THEY LITERALLY COPIED HIS FUCKING COWARD STORYLINE FROM HAN! DONT ANY OF YOU NOOBS REMEMBER THIS?

Poe Dameron is pilot guy who essentially does nothing the entire movie.

Kylo Ren is Leia and Han's son (oh mur gurd whooda funk it?) and is basically a rip-off whiney Anakin, but that's okay because he's Vader's Grandson and he idolises him or some shit. Once again more excuses for JJ Abrams literally flat out copying the previous movies.

THEY BROUGHT BACK THE FUCKING DEATH STAR. THEY RIPPED OFF R2-D2 WITH BB-8 WHO LITERALLY IGNITES AN INTERNAL LIGHTER AT ONE POINT AS A THUMBS UP TO THE TEAM.

How do you people see anything in this movie other than a focus group at Disney deciding to copy the success of the previous films, add in a shit ton of action, have no plot as to not confuse the masses and make a shit ton of money off merchandising?

The prequels are not perfect, far from it. However, at least Lucas fucking tried with them. At least he actually invented a fucking story. At least those movies have the Lucas magic feel to them.

The new films are just utterly bland and that's why so many of you sing their praises, because you're fucking bland.

Now get fucked and eat a fat one, I'm sure the new Superhero movie is on the way plebs.

I mean the story was not planned, all the details were made up episode by episode

p.s: Forgot to even mention the resistance (rebellion) and First Order (Empire) rehashing.

It's an absolute fucking joke.

Okay? What does that have to do with anything? If you're acting like the prequels were only made to sell toys and weren't planned from the beginning, well you've been proven wrong already.

>THEY LITERALLY COPIED HIS FUCKING COWARD STORYLINE FROM HAN! DONT ANY OF YOU NOOBS REMEMBER THIS?
most viewers aren't aware of any extended canon

the death star really fucking pissed me off though. It didn't have any weight to the plot whatsoever.

Let's just hope RJ can make episode 8 not just a mediocre rip off

those poster are so kino. you see the rise and fall of anakin skywalker as his portrayal moves from the lower half to the top half and then finally to the middle of the poster. we should note that anakin is looking away from the viewer in the first two posters, meaning that the viewer cannot see the evil that lurks behind him until the episode 3 poster. there we can see anakin directly as his picture is in the middle, looking not to Padme, his lover, nor Obi-Wan, his mentor, but straight ahead, forging his own destiny - which is glooming behind him, casting a shadow over the entire film. on a final note, it is interesting how the globes of light in each poster reflect a large portion of the poster's theme; in episode 1, the relationship between the four people brought together by chance (Qui-Gonn, Obi-Wan, Padme, and Anakin); in episode 2, the globe providing a halo of sorts between exclusively Padme and Anakin (no longer with Obi-Wan); and finally, the culmination of the rivalry between Anakin and his former friend and mentor in the lightsaber duel that would change Anakin's physical being for the remainder of his life. No longer is the globe positioned between Anakin and Padme. The battle and conflict has superseded and displaced the now abusive bond.

POSTAN OBJECTIVE TRUTH

SHITPOSTERS FUCK OFF

I fully support that

jesus this opinion is reddit
allow me to correct you
>TPM: good
>AotC: meh
>RotS: good(er than TPM)
>RotS ending fight: a missed opportunity, meh
>SW: Great
>ESB: Great(er than SW)
>RotJ: Good
>RotJ ending fight: Great
>TFA: Less good than TPM but still good

Shit. Awful shit. Hilarious shit.

Well this is dead immediately. Goodbye.

Goodbye, it's about time you got back to red.dit anyways

not an argument

Redditors enjoy breathing and hate dying too.
You wouldn't want to be like them, would you? ;^)

>arguing with someone who thinks TPM is good

into the trash

Haha, you sure owned him! XD

Have an upvote, my good man. :)

George had a vague concept of a prequel trilogy, but it's very clear he was making shit up as he went along because even the original trilogy isn't entirely consistent (Leia being Luke's sister is obviously a last minute retcon). You can bet your ass he wasn't thinking Vader was Space Jesus when he made A New Hope, that was motivated by the popularity of the character and the toy sales

George repeatedly flip flopped on whether or not he was going to make the prequels, and was pretty adamant he wasn't going to do it after he lost all his money from his divorce in the late eighties. He thought Star Wars was dead and buried, and only decided to revisit the franchise after the huge success of the Thrawn trilogy and the new Hasbro line. He was literally motivated by the merchandising sales. Do your fucking research, faggot.

>Prequel apologists unironically think their opinions are worth debating

>Prequel apologists post this and think their opinions are worth debating

damn you got him! Very Nietzsche! (philosophy joke lol)

Still not an argument

>Prequel apologists unironically think their opinions are worth debating

Even if that is all true, you can't defend TFA because it's literally a remake of the first Star Wars film that panders to nostalgia and was literally only made to make Disney more money.

are you going to come up with any reasons or are you going to keep on posting memes

I like how the goon telling people to "go back to r.eddit" is now doing "impressions" of supposed redditor posters and trying to take over the thread with them.

It seems like he is the only redditor here.

I like how the guy being called a redditor is now falseflagging as someone who isn't in need of posting an argument to back up their statements

wtf I hate george now

No one is going to argue with you because no one cares about you being a fan of the prequels. You aren't entitled to a discussion of your opinions, if people want to dismiss you they can do so.

It almost seems like you're trying to formulate an argument, but are talking to yourself?

No (you)s for you.

Prequels are balls. End of.

"I may have gone too far in a few places"

who are talking to?

>George had a vague concept of a prequel trilogy, but it's very clear he was making shit up as he went along because even the original trilogy isn't entirely consistent (Leia being Luke's sister is obviously a last minute retcon).
He always planned for Luke to have a sister. The only thing he changed was the fact that it was Leia.

>You can bet your ass he wasn't thinking Vader was Space Jesus when he made A New Hope, that was motivated by the popularity of the character and the toy sales
Maybe not at first, but when talks of sequels came up George obviously had an idea of where the saga would go from there.

>George repeatedly flip flopped on whether or not he was going to make the prequels, and was pretty adamant he wasn't going to do it after he lost all his money from his divorce in the late eighties.
But they were always planned to be made, from the second he decided to add the Episode V subtitle to Empire.

>He thought Star Wars was dead and buried, and only decided to revisit the franchise after the huge success of the Thrawn trilogy and the new Hasbro line. He was literally motivated by the merchandising sales.
And look at how successful Star Wars is now. You should thank George for reviving the franchise, otherwise it would still have been stuck in the 80s and no one would give 2 shits about it today.

>Do your fucking research, faggot.
Show me your sources then, slimo.

>Fantastic prequels, stop hating them you ultra-nostalgiac faggot plebs

worst post so far

You're right, you should stop posting

>no love for the Duel of Fates
kill yourself, it was even better than Battle of Heroes

You're right, you should stop posting

Bruh. Look at this dood.

Ok you're clearly an edgy contrarian who's going to hate the movie no matter what but i'll try to address the issues you raised with the movie.

>Rey is just a Mary Sue. Fucking broke poor girl who just so happens to be one of the greatest pilots you've ever seen and is able to use the force with almost no exertion.

Rey is a passable pilot who mostly knows her shit but she's nothing special. She almost crashes the falcon within seconds of taking off. And she doesn't actually do much with the force, she mind tricks one weak-minded stormtrooper, pulls a lightsaber to her, and uses it to help beat Kylo at the end (a guy who is already bleeding profusely and in a state of emotional turmoil).

>hammy dialogue

This is nothing new to Star Wars as a franchise, and it's still miles ahead of the prequels. At least this time around the actors delivering the lines are charismatic.

>Kylo Ren is basically a rip-off whiney Anakin

Being conflicted young force users is where the similarities end. They're two completely different characters. The biggest difference is the audience is not supposed to be rooting for Kylo, he's supposed to be an asshole.

>THEY BROUGHT BACK THE FUCKING DEATH STAR

I'll give you this one.

>BB-8 WHO LITERALLY IGNITES AN INTERNAL LIGHTER AT ONE POINT AS A THUMBS UP TO THE TEAM

That was funny.

>At least Lucas actually invented a fucking story

Watch the Phantom Menace again without the nostalgia goggles and tell me that that's an example of a good, coherent story, I dare you.

Of course Disney made this movie for money, all major blockbusters are products. That being said a movie can still be made for money and be genuinely well made and enjoyable at the same time. If you legitimately don't believe this is the most solid entry into the SW franchise since Return of the Jedi than you can't even be reasoned with so I don't know why I'm even trying.