With the movie officially confirmed, let's have a thread for the greatest tv show of all time

With the movie officially confirmed, let's have a thread for the greatest tv show of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nBYv0VnR_qE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thank GOD! I mean, I had a feeling it would happen (they pretty much have the set rebuilt thanks to Westworld) but there was always a doubt.

I hope they can manage the time well enough and include everyone who needs to be included. Unfortunately I think they could get rid of a few like Joanie Stubbs and Calamity Jane and Doc Cochran because their stories are basically over.

Wait, it hasn't been confirmed yet. What the fuck OP you got my hopes up for no reason.

As for the long-in-the works Deadwood movie from series creator David Milch, “David is writing the script. We haven’t read it yet,” Bloys said. “I imagine it will be very good.”

Bloys said that he “feels good about it” but would not commit to a greenlight.

guys, how do i get into this? i watched the first episode yesterday but i don't really get what the hell is going on. they speak in a weird way and i barely understand anything. why was al pissed at the irish guy for upping the price of whatever they were selling? why did al beat the prostitute? that's the first time this has happened to me while watching a film/tv-show...

>let's have a thread for the greatest tv show of all time.

thats not breaking bad

this show isnt for hoople heads like you

woo hoo, break out the canned peaches

Watch with subtitles if you can. The dialogue is heavily, HEAVILY stylized. But it is a great dialogue.

Edge lord: the show

convince me to watch this show
wasnt it cancelled after 3 seasons?

>convince me to watch this show
that set

The movie isn't confirmed. All that's confirmed is that HBO have given Milch the greenlight to write a screenplay and he's currently working on it. Nothing else has been announced and no actors have signed on. I hope it happens as much as anyone, but this project has had so many false starts over the years that we should probably not get our hopes too high until we get some more concrete news.

I've rewatched the show probably close to 20 times and still going "oooooh, so thats what he was talking about.. now i get it".

I'm perfectly avarage in the brain department, and i say with confidence that this show moves too fucking fast for anyone to fully grasp what the fuck is going on all the time.

And the biggest mindfuck was Dillahunt coming back for season 2.. I didnt realize that before reading it on IMDB.. Same with that Irish guy who dies in ep1.. He's back in season 3, but you wont notice it.

you pretty much HAVE TO use subtitles. The dialogue is pretty much the best thing about the show too. Very colorful and entertaining.

>Sup Forums

it's the best 3 seasons of television ever written or filmed

youtube.com/watch?v=nBYv0VnR_qE

The show can seem very inaccessible to new viewers due to the large cast of characters and the density of Milch's dialogue. I had a similar experience to you the first time I watched it, and I found it helped a lot to read the plot sypnosis on Wikipedia for the first few episodes immediately after I'd watched each of them. After that I understood what was going on a lot more clearly and I was used to the distinctive writing style.

truly a patrician's choice

if its so good why'd they cancel it

Way too expensive for a show targeted towards men and women over 40. HBO wanted Milch to do a movie to wrap it up but he gave them the finger and made this instead.

Same reason Rome got axed. HBO are fucking retarded.

>when HBO canceled Carnivale, Rome, and Deadwood in rapid succession
Truly a dark time.

nobody watched it because it was written in Shakespearean language and diction and featured true-to-life historical elements and speech. There was some British television critic, I think it was Charlie Brooker, who said he will never forgive Americans for letting Deadwood be canceled

nice i literally just finished the series
Whats the movie about ?

it's gonna end with Al making good on his promise in the first episode I'm gonna burn the whole fucking camp

i felt this way 20 mins into episode 1

turn on subtitles and read the synopsis for the episode on IMDB after you watch it

I've watched it 3 times now and I can basically understand every single syllable, I don't need any assistance. But the first time i saw it I'm glad I watched it with my dad who explained a lot of it to me

No company would have the balls to put Deadwood on TV today. Especially not on something like Netflix, the "& chill" crowd wouldn't have a fucking clue who to follow

ok i rewatched it with subtitles now, it definitely helps a lot but i still don't get why al was mad at the drunkard irish for upping the price of the gold mine. can someone who rewatched the show tell me?

are there any detailed summaries for all the episodes on the internet?

but look at all the quality programming they replaced those with

I love JFC

and what were those? sopranos, the wire and six feet under all started long before deadwood was cancelled...
>in the early 2000s sopranos, six feet under, the wire and deadwood were all running on HBO at the same time

if there ever was a golden age of tv, it was probably 1999-2007 HBO

Carnivale too fàm

i was being sarcastic senpai. they replaced it with true blood, looking, girls, a bunch of gay shit quirky comedy like conchords and animals

>flight of the conchords
>bad

>implying a cheap modern comedy show is in any way responsible for replacing an expensive time period drama series