Hows the band going?

hows the band going?

Other urls found in this thread:

thestonedeye.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw i've given up getting a band together so i'm making solo synthpop
and it's still gonna suck

We have a drummer with ADHD, a saxophone player who cries when you ask him for a sax part he couldn't work on with the band cause he never brings his instrument, a learning keyboard player and me, a keyboard/launchpad player.
>nothing works please help

I'm getting close to doing the same.

How do I make band?
Everyone I know is a bad musician that wants to make crap Metal

great. it's a one man band though

I wish I had robots to play instruments for me other people are such a hassle

Going into the studio in two weeks.

as an extension of this post if anyone in NJ wants to make a band I'm game. don't even care about the genre. i play guitar, and i know theory, how to write for other instruments, and how to program drums.

the world doesn't need another shitty emo record

Been writing songs with another guitarist, but so far they all sound like kinda generic metal. Not really sure if it's gonna go anywhere.

what type of sound are you going for?
got em

for some reason im really sad about the fact that i never got to be in a shitty band in high school with my friends

We're not really sure desu. We both listen to pretty different types of music, I don't really listen to metal but it's kinda fun to write something besides the same boring indie shit I've been doing for years. I guess we're going for some kind of blackgaze sound?

if you want to spice up some riffs, try arpeggiating maj and min 7th chords. try playing in lydian for a triumphant sound if your doing the Deafheaven type of blackgaze.

>what is a computer

If any1 in Brisbane look me up

What instrument, friend?

I play guitar and piano, neither THAT great, I can sing okay but I don't get practice very much in my share house. More importantly I can learn stuff fast I guess, that depends though how obsessed you are with super technical playing and stuff though, I'm more interested in songwriting than anything.

I should ask, what are your favourite artists?

I use a lot of major 7th chords in my music, never really tried arpeggiating them though. I'll give that a shot.

We broke up because we all hate each other so much that we can't even function as a group anymore, thanks for asking.

Jazz band is going good, thanks for asking.

pretty good, we don't take ourselves seriously at all and none of us really know how to play that well

Where in nj? I'm in Princeton and can play bass and sax poorly

hi princeton guy i've talked to before in these threads. i live in ocean county.

Oh hey I remember you, damn there must be no one in Princeton looking for bands of I'm the only one posting...

>make experimental synth pop group with a girl online
>(im gay and theres no ulterior motives)
>we start putting together ideas, getting software and instruments
>turns out 'she' is a pre-op transgender
>well okay that doesnt really phase me, #NotAllTrans right?, etc.
>week later she goes off the grid for over half a month with no communication or responding to anything i say
>except she's still blogging on tumblr xd
>wtf
>even write a nice song for her, our first song, no reply or even acknowledgement
>eventually call her out on "muh depression"
>blocks me on the spot
depression fags just off yourselves and make life easier for everyone else please

jesus christ dude

kek

Record yourselves just jamming with people havin a conversation in the background. That was how i contextualized the phrase "nothing works please help" as music. Just have like a good looking couple in their mid 20s talk about something totally innocuous.

Samesies

soundcloud.com/also-space/cycly

>mfw

Princeton's boring. Nerd.

lame

Yeah, but Im still in hs so I can't really leave... At least prex is there, you can get cool no wave records and noise rock 7's for like $3
Inb4 underage, I'm a senior and 18

>person is shitty
>its because they're trans
>it's because they have depression
ever consider they're just a shitty person

it hasn't been going for a few years
anyone in the GTA/durham area?

I know :l

why must you autotune yourself

christ you are a fucking faggot

being a shitty person makes people want to become trans

You planning on going to the college? My friend who's super smart that I went to HS with went there and developed some gay app.

>be in a post rock band with three other guys
>drummer, guitarist, vocalist who plays cello in some songs, and me the bassist
>planned on releasing an album soon
>out of the blue the vocalist gets hit by a car
>ends up in the hospital with punctured lungs and neck fracture
>it could be years before he sings again
:(
>

>My friend is talking about how I should try out for this band he's in because there current bass player is shit.
>He emails me the set list and it's literally all 2000s pop punk / cock rock.

I'm sorry Jackson but it's just shit music.

i stare in the mirror everyday & continue to despise what i see

My voice sounds like ass, I'm more a bass player than anything

God no I'm a fucking idiot so I'm going to drexel (I know it's expensive but they gave me a lot of money)

You're living the dream user

lamesies

you will be huge

Currently living 10000 miles away from the guys Inwas supposed to start a band with. Using this as an opportunity to become a better musician in the meantime. Considering making my own shit but I know nothing about recording or mixing or any of that computery musicy stuff.

>last band fell apart because no concrete direction to go in or sound to develop for the longest time, followed by disagreements
>started writing solo
More satisfying and more done. Or I'm just not good at being in a band. Wish I could perform my shit live easier.

we're currently attempting to cover Can songs

it's much harder than it sounds damn jaki how'd you do it

I completely forgot i replied to you but if you happen to see this, i cant form a band in my current situation but keep letting people know youre interested in it.

We had 3 great rehearsals, now the guy will never give me the time of day.
When we preform and play together tho we're pretty good.

We sound pretty good when we practice, even though my drum kit is shit. The lead guitarist is really good. And we have a psych rock type of feel. We just need to actually record some shit which will me hard with my shitty set. I'm thinking about getting an electronic set instead of a full upgrade. Any advice?

I still haven't learnt a song on my acoustic, i just grab it and move my fingers for an hour or so.
My friend just bought an electric guitar but he refuses to touch it and my other friend bought an acoustic and still can't move his fingers. and my other other friend is still saving money to buy a sax.

justinguitar.com
This man will guide you from your humblest beginnings to your wildest dreams.
Trust me user. But more importantly, trust Justin.

It's good. We snagged a bassist and are working on lyrics right now.

Just quit

Should i tell my friends that as well?

i live in the area. i was in a shitty band in high schiol, just for an excuse to be playing music more often. lead singer was a tyrant who wouldn't listen to others so we only did pop punk covers, unfortunately.

>lead guitarist has stopped playing entirely and sold his rig so he could buy a small anime figurine collection
>rythmn guitarist has social anxiety and never plays anything whenever we had a practice
>singer went back to school
>drummer was really anal and when he couldn't hear the sound he wanted, he broke his set-up. He went through three bass drums in a span of two months.

anyone in need of a bassist?

>Sold his rig to buy an anime figure collection

Holy fuck my sides

502?

lots of local hype, minor internet attention, currently writing an LP to followup our first two demos and booking a tour

Played a gig yesterday afternoon. It was raining all night so the outdoor stage got pretty wet before the tent was put up (and even that had small holes throughout.) Had to precariously set up things around and sometimes on puddles of water. To top things off, more rain was in the forecast, which likely scared the relatively few people who may have otherwise come out.

Regardless of all this, it was actually a lot of fun, mainly since we all sounded great. Mix was nearly perfect, performances were all-around great, and the few people who did show up had a great time and helped us out. Plus, the pay on the end was definitely worth it.

Worst part of the gig was when the wind really kicked up in our last set and I was trying to eat this veggie tray in-between and during songs. It was holding out until the wind finally knocked the whole thing over, veggies all over my side of the stage. Biggest tragedy. But everyone in the crowd loved it so it was fine.

Summer is looking better and better, too. Lots of cool gigs in and around the area and private parties, so $$$ should be flowing. Can't wait!

thestonedeye.bandcamp.com/

pgood I suppose