This is so good. why did they start making such horrible music after this masterpiece?

this is so good. why did they start making such horrible music after this masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=otNqnVgEs9M
youtube.com/watch?v=IakDItZ7f7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=h3pJZSTQqIg
youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg
youtu.be/2eknyDs3by8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are plebs even allowed on Sup Forums

>after

well, you're here so i guess so
yeah, i'm not huge on their early stuff either, but at least it was passable for the most part everything from Mylo Xyloto onwards is abysmal

a band with a passable to abysmal discography...

and we are making threads about them because...?

Eno left

because Viva La Vida is FUCKING RAD
and you don't often see a band have such a lone stroke of genius that far into their career these days.

what makes it different than milo xylopoulos?

>post viva is better than pre-viva
haha fuck off, retard.

that album is terrible and viva is good. that's the difference.

stop ignoring beautiful eno production

Is this a meme to say Viva is good? The only good Coldplay albums are the first two.

not really, the album is just that good, and the production is on point, just not their best.

ARoBttH
Viva la Vida
Parachutes
X&Y
post-viva stuff.

The production overwhelms me. I like the comparatively minimal production on the first two albums more.

nothing will top rush of blood. that album is untouchable.

Brian Eno produced Viva that's why it's so good, also the band was at its songwriting peak.

This album really is lowkey genius. Go listen to the song Yes and tell me you dont get a chub

Literally the only reason people pretend to like this album is
>Eno produced it
>weak attempts at genre-hopping

This chart.
I think they just dont care anymore about the music, like Muse.

I liked Ghost Stories

FIGHT ME

Parachutes is the only Great coldplay record

youtube.com/watch?v=otNqnVgEs9M

Don't tell me you don't honestly enjoy this
youtube.com/watch?v=IakDItZ7f7Q
or this
youtube.com/watch?v=h3pJZSTQqIg

plus, Eno did a ton of work on Mylo Xyloto and that record was shit.

it's definitely not as bad as MX or Headful of Dreams

Both really mediocre. Standard Coldplay fare

I really enjoyed MX when it came out. There's some exciting songs on it that I still enjoy. Kinda nice to see them make such joyful music in contrast to their first few albums.

I mean, if you don't like any Coldplay at all, Viva La Vida isn't going to magically work for you. It is their best record though.

>this is objectively correct

Some of my fave songs are off of X&Y tho, even tho the rest of the album is MEH

WHEN SHE WAS JUST A GIRLLLLLLL
SHE EXPECTED THE WORLD
BUT IT FLEW AWAY FROM HER REACH SO
SHE RAN AWAY IN HER SLEEEEEEEP
AND DREAMED OF

youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg

bump

This!

70 years now Americans have been trying to make rock music and 70 years now the British have been trying to ruin it.

Never changes.

well to be fair Muse and Coldplay are old men at this point so it's possible Muse just thinks some of the stuff they're making is good

he's implying that they made shit music before VLV came out.

I know you're underage and all, but at least made a passable attempt to comprehend what you've read before posting.

He stuck around for the next one at least

The shoegaze hidden track on Viva La Vida is great, bare minimum

Lol, could be the case.
I think this 2 bands really big fanbase get up to their heads.

As far as Eno's work is concerned, Coldplay or U2?

Thoughts on their newest track?
youtu.be/2eknyDs3by8

Really hope they're going back to rock and ditching the preachy pop

Ghost Stories is pretty strong. Creates a good mood, Midnight is their best song this decade.

That's pretty good. They're certainly not finished with pop though, since that song will be on the same EP as a Chainsmokers collab.

Viva la Vida was my first Coldplay album. I only got it after liking the free Violet Hill 45 that came with NME. Everything else has been a disappointment. The best part is how it only really opens up at the end of the first side. In general, it has a really great flow to it (especially before Viva La Vida became "the song").

Maybe, I still like X&Y thought

I don't get it, it's clearly the weakest album in their whole discography and the most selled out one

viva la vida has a solid concept (revolutions, freedom, democracy, tyranny), it has some experimentalism in it, quite good lyrics.

myllo xylotto is coldplay's megalomaniacal attempt to mix tame impala with chiptune

More like them trying to do their own Achtung Baby and failing miserably

>not A Head Full Of Dreams

coldplay? really?

is that that whitechapel album from a couple years ago

>defending Viva la Vida but shitting on Mylo Xyloto

Viva is a better but come on. MX is probably better than Rush of Blood to the Head and all their other shit. Hurt Like Heaven might be their very best song, and Charlie Brown and Every Teardrop are both incredible singles. Paradise is the only shitty song.

U2