Will the thin red line be an influence on Nolans' Dunkirk?

Will the thin red line be an influence on Nolans' Dunkirk?

Bump

Is the thin red line good? I watched it when I was very young and it was boring as fuck

>and it was boring as fuck

don't worry champ, stick to nolantino

I meant that from my perspective as a child it was boring, not what I expected from a war movie. It it worth going back and watching again?

It's probably the best american war film since the 70s. Definitely the best of the huge mainstream blockbuster ones. Malick is very polarizing though, so if you're not into those classic Malickian dreamy emotional scenes intertwined with the action, then you probably won't like it. AKA if you thought Saving Private Ryan was the best thing ever, this will just go over your head and you'll hate it.

Nolan has stated Malick as an influence

Nolan already fucking with color gradations and keeping everything fucking dark. ugh. dude is the enemy of cinematography. look at how much more color Malick's film has.

it was kino

all things shining

>literally 2 hours worth of footage of grass blowing in the wind
>kino

Okay, champ.

lol, how pretentious can you get. Malick is garbage that you've been tricked into liking by Sup Forums.

>desperately trying this hard to make three scenes that dont even look alike seem similar

wew lad

Like I said, polarizing. You either love him or hate him.
Also maybe check a dictionary before commenting on things like these, because I didn't say anything that could even remotely be criticized as pretentious. You clearly don't know what the word means. I just said he's good.

>Malick
>Kino

pick one

Why do all these pleb directors ape malick? Even JJ tried to as well for TFA

>Even JJ tried to as well for TFA

how ?

I haven't seen it yet

right side looks so much better
fuck these stupid filters

Why are war movies from past decade so bad? How do we fix them? I doubt Nolan can do it.

>shot of some water

The influence is undeniable

Not on a color grading level at least