What was going on? why did they decide to finally split? was john lennon taken in by yoko...

What was going on? why did they decide to finally split? was john lennon taken in by yoko? or did paul finally have enough and make ringo leave? george was there from the beginning but he was the most bitter one out of all of them

if you watch the let it be documentary, you can see all the arguments they were having during the get back sessions and that the only time they didn't seem fucking pissed at each other is when they were playing music or jamming

Years of working together and seeing nobody but each other can do that to you

Listen to the song Why by Plastic Ono Band 1970 Yoko, Lennon, Ringo and Klaus

*adds Don't Let Me Down & the ballad of john and yoko*

George stopped caring after Revolver and wished he was back in India. He also didn't feel like he was being treated as an equal by Lennon-McCartney, with the majority of his songs being rejected by the band.

John felt lost after Brian Epstein died and Paul (who had already been the major force behind Sgt. Pepper) fully took the reins. Yoko + heroin put a huge strain on his relationship with the band and the opportunity of a new creative outlet in the Plastic Ono Band was the final nail in the coffin.

Paul perfectionism meant he constantly pissed the others off from comments on their playing abilities and insisted countless takes until they got his songs completely the way he wanted, so by the end they all utterly resented him.

Ringo was Ringo.

>George stopped caring after Revolver and wished he was back in India
Nah, he also got enough of that. He become more normal after coming back from India. He was just pissed because he had tons of great songs, and Paul and John did not care or trust him

t. fanfiction writer

Lennon wanted to leave at the end. Paul didnt. The main cause I think had to do with the manager issue:

>New strains developed between the band members regarding the appointment of a financial adviser, the need for which had become evident without Epstein to manage business affairs. Lennon, Harrison and Starr favoured Allen Klein, who had managed the Rolling Stones and Sam Cooke; McCartney wanted Lee and John Eastman – father and brother, respectively, of Linda Eastman, whom McCartney married on 12 March. Agreement could not be reached, so both Klein and the Eastmans were temporarily appointed: Klein as the Beatles' business manager and the Eastmans as their lawyers. Further conflict ensued, however, and financial opportunities were lost. On 8 May, Klein was named sole manager of the band,the Eastmans having previously been dismissed as the Beatles' attorneys. McCartney refused to sign the management contract with Klein, but he was out-voted by the other Beatles.

This. Poor Ringo tho

If I had to pin it on one member, I'd probably pin it on John. He was the guy who got the Beatles together and kind of thought of himself as the lead singer of the group. Unfortunately for him, he had anger issues, depression, and anxiety.

Meanwhile, McCartney was a pop choon-shitting happy-go-lucky wunderkind without the ability to edit his output. So around Sgt. Pepper's, McCartney got it into his head that he was a God of music and melody at about the same time that John was slipping into an existential crisis of confidence.

After Sgt. Pepper's, Paul began just swamping John in musical output--some of it good, some of it bad, some of it brilliant. But John couldn't hope to keep up. So John kind of bitterly recessed into his own creative/spiritual world with Yoko while Paul expanded his powers and influence.

Finally John had enough of it and came out of his sulking with a vengeance, cursing his bandmates, starting a fistfight with George, later only conversing with the band via cosmic telepathy through Yoko Ono (who he had given a bed in the band's studio) and declining to work on anyone's songs except his own. Eventually his relationship with Paul was irreparably destroyed when he insisted on Alan Klein, a noted fraudster, as the band's new manager. Klein would later be imprisoned for fraud. McCartney wanted members of the Epstein family, but John worried that as Paul's in-laws, they would give Paul even more influence over what he felt was his band. George would leave the band briefly over resentment regarding Yoko Ono's involvement, but when he returned John was ready to end the band for good. Paul would slight John one final time, though, by announcing the breakup of the Beatles before John could, stealing John's thunder yet again.

This is why Ringo is the best beatle, because he took all their bullshit and still loved them.

>Paul perfectionism meant he constantly pissed the others off from comments on their playing abilities and insisted countless takes until they got his songs completely the way he wanted
I guess you never heard the story about the George song that he had the band play more than 100 times but they never recorded it

In the famous words of /ourguy/ liam gallagher.
"He's a fookin' nipple."

they didn't go to india until after sgt pepper though

Oasisfags are the worst

George went to india by himself.

Feels like it was the natural death of the band. And I know some bands from that era are still around but even if we removed one member it would not be the same.

the Geologist of the beatles t b h

I prefer blur, but liam gallagher is autism at its finest.
So yeah he represents us very well.
,but seriously good job on being edgy kiddo.
You're gonna go so far in life kid!

I'd vote on you for me King, Ringo Dingo

>points out someone's being an annoying fag
>"edgy"
Britpopfags are the worst

fun fact: Let It Be (the film) won best original score at the Oscars in 1971

In what way was Ringo the asset for the band?

Reminder that, more often than you think, Paul would re-do Ringo's drumming while he was away. Ringo knew about this, but he would just look the other way.

>Still replying to an obvs troll.

He was the only one who followed the "all you need is love" thing they had going on.

Not really. He also used to beat on his wife, which led to her finding comfort on George. But George also used to lay a little hand on his wife, so she turned to Eric Clapton to find comfort. And George sang on the wedding of his ex with his best friend.

meh different times man.

Did all the Beatles beat their wives jfc

Well yeah, they're the Beat-les after all.

'Not Guilty' right? That stemmed more from difficulties with time signature changes rather than re-recording to appease Paul down to the most minuet details

George went alone for 6 weeks before Sgt Pepper

George gets off easy in most accounts of him. If John was a depressed arsehole and Paul an insensitive megalomaniac, George was the kinda' guy who'd quickly get bored with anything that wasn't tickling his jimmies at the time and just peace out.

He was the first to quit the Beatles, and he didn't do much of anything for very long without getting bored with it.

They just couldn't really function as a band anymore. Everyone had had enough. Ringo left for a couple of weeks while recording Abbey Road (recorded after Let it Be). George wasn't getting the recognition he wanted as a songwriter. John and Paul hated each others guts. Watch the documentary and compare it to some of the stuff from 1963/4. Like it's a whole different group. But I guess after 10 years of basically being tied at the waist and being the one of the biggest pop culture phenomenons will stress you out a bit.