Best, worst, or just ok?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WBheebFpps&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MOM'S STILL FREAKING

He was ok

worse

garbage

Abysmal, my 13 year old brother could do a better joker than him.

I think he just….got way too excited? Like he really wanted to do well as the joker but he went way too far and just tried too hard to be edgy. The satire articles didn’t help. I heard he’s supposed to be in the new batman movie and honestly I hope they keep him.

I don't get the hate.

Hit and miss. Overall okay.

It’s hilarious he was around for like 3 scenes…but then again the movie is called “Suicide Squad” not “Some Schmuk doing a dumb Willy Wonka impression”

Me either I think it's unfair to judge if he a good joker or not since he was bairly in the movie and not a main character

Going back to Clown Prince of Crime is a good idea, but the execution was completely off.

Each of the scenes he was in was cringworthy, but mercifully short. And honestly, he could have been replaced by a fucking lamp and the story would have been the same

i liked that we got to see the more gangster criminal side of the character.

Just Ok

He didn’t even have 5 minutes screen time, how can we say if he was good or not

> Mediocre

Didn't really seem like the joker, more like a mob person playing at the joker.

They had a chance to re-introduce the character as suave, conniving and highly intelligent.

but he decides to shoot his business partner in the head after a brief discussion about how much money they were making.

The Joker would never drive a LED Lamborghini.

He had more than that, but it was so all over the place that it felt a lot shorter and not as important.

>Didn't really seem like the joker, more like a mob person playing at the joker.
Joker started out as just like that. Nicholson Joker was partially that as well. This was a more modern take to go back to that.

He looked like a juggalo jelly bean

he's the first joker to survive a movie isn't he?

He's a mixed bag. Sometimes he was kino, sometimes he was cringe.

But he was entertaining all the times.

pretty much this
I actually liked the little I saw from him
the fact they cut out a lot of his scenes
is a shame and one reason I feel the movie
sucked

I didn't like him. He wasn't horrible, just a bit below ok.
Very uneven, like the rest of the movie.

Pretty good honestly. I think psycho-sexual, mobster Joker was a good twist on the character. With other versions of the Joker, I would never believe they could be sexual creatures, let alone be with someone like Harley Quinn but I believe that from this Joker. Plus, the fact that he had layers to the character that weren't just "nihilism" while still keeping him believably insane, was much appreciated.

This, it's as if a mobster just ran into the Joker, and decided to steal his look.

I honestly don't know what to think.

The trailers made him out to be a TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATH, but in the movie he's kind of...awkward? I can't tell if it's intentional or not, sometimes he's scary and sometimes pretty silly.

In a word? DAMAGED

After watching the movie I'm convinced that all those shenanigans Jared Leto pulled during production were actually true.

Scenes with him in them have this kind of uncomfortable tone, and I don't really mean that in a good way. Other actors act kind of uncomfortable, and so does Leto.

His method acting backfired on him here, there's a tension in the scenes, but not the good kind.

This is Robin, right?

kinda reminded me of a mix of heath and cesar tbf

He tried to make the character scary, which, to an extent, the Joker can be, but with Leto there was an entire absence of comedy, I can't remember any jokes he made, if at all.

The outfit was bad, he looked like a pimp, and talked like Bale's Batman. They need to revise the character, personality and look-wise, Leto could still pull it off with the right direction.

No.

Just HONKA

I saw this fuckpile on Friday and I'm still angry. I'm genuinely fucking angry about how boring and harmless this movie was.

I felt like Leto was doing a half retarded Nixon impression when he was talking.

They cut the scenes of him abusing Harley and being a general evil person.

Yeah, he was all right. I'd have been far more disappointed if he'd just been carbon copy Ledger. I liked him far more than Nicholson's phoned in performance.

Perfect. Jack was great, Ledger as le random anarchy man- not actually Joker.

Leto's clown prince of crime/thin white duke/gangster was excellent.

He was the best joker. The best performance is still Heat

SOunds like he wasnt in it long enough to judge.

Why did they recast the joker anyways? Jesse Eisenberg did a good job in bvs and should have kept the part.

Set up nicely for another film for him to show what he can really do. Predicting him and Quinn against Batman in a film

He really fucking wasn't.

He was barley in the movie, he played a very minor role - and even then, he wasn't really a 'villain' - he only got in the way of Wallers extraction, not to fuck over the Suicide Squad, but merely to get Harley back.

I would be really interested to see him as the main antagonist to Batman or the Justice League.

Hopefully Afflecks Batman delivers - it's rumored to be an "arkham" movie, so he should be involved in some way.

Arkham movie? Are they adapting the games? Cus if so, muhdick.

I think that he'd work against Batfleck. Especially because this Joker is also sexual, imagine the stuff he'd pull.

>Set up nicely for another film for him to show what he can really do.

No user, I think what you meant was-
"Set up nicely for DC to sell the home video release with a bunch of his cut scenes."

Arkham Asylum you fuck, it's where batman villains go after he captures them and has been around since before the games.

he wastn't bad.....I dunno what people want, a miracle of story telling maybe?

Joker has had a fuckton of different interpretations. Ledger Joker was heavily based off of Killing Joke and fits Nolan's more grounded approach to Batman.

Best

Can't think of a more joker thing to do then shoot your business partner in the head

Loosely based on the games.

I mean the warehouse fight scene in BvS was pretty damn close to the fighting style/atmosphere in the games.

It's because Joker was pretty much removed from the film. Jared Leto's a bit pissed off, apparently.

He's the best at some things. Definitely not the worst.

Hard to judge him seeing as his role is basically a cameo

He didn't have enough screen time to be judged. I was really impressed, liked him more that Heat Legend. I still don't get the hate though. Literally most of you are just hating him cause it's the "cool" thing to do around here.

>Home Video
Wow its like im really in the 90's

>They had a chance to re-introduce the character as suave, conniving and highly intelligent.
He's clearly portrayed to have a way with his tongue, and is very manipulative in a handful of his moments shown. Further backed up by the deleted scene of him talking out Harley from shooting him.

>but he decides to shoot his business partner in the head after a brief discussion about how much money they were making.
Wow, the Joker does crazy, irrational things, who would have thought? Is Heath Ledger your only exposure to the character?

>The Joker would never drive a LED Lamborghini.
Is this what you would prefer?

>heavily based off of Killing Joke

How, I wonder? Just the 'one bad day' thing? Not much. Nolan's flicks blew man.

that's all very Joker Nolanbabby

This.

HONKA HONKA

he was fucked from the beginning.

>he looks nothing like him
>he sounds nothing like him
>acts nothing like him
>hardly even smiles

I legitimately hate Leto's Joker. all I want is one like the comics. Is that too much to fucking ask for?

the Arkham games have the perfect incarnation of the Joker. I'm 100% certain that no actor will ever come close to it, seeing as every actor who played him so far wanted to put their own "artistic spin" on him.

just kill me.

Jared has every reason to be pissed off. And they probably have him under a three movie contract too.

he was true og... respect man

>all I want is one like the comics.

He was effectively Morrison's Joker, he was great

Exactly this.

He was boring.

He seemed to act based on having read the script. I mean he couldn't have asked Harley where to go, she didn't ask or find out. Most she knew was pretty lights.

His scenes I never got the feeling he was crazy or planning wildly; just like he was on coke constantly.

What comic? You clearly don't know your shit if you think there is only one version of him, haha.

DAMAGED tattoo on his fucking forehead completely discredits any relevance.

There is no excuse for stupid edgy shit like that.

>haha.
joker confirmed Sup Forums poster

>not muh!

ever seen kingpins nowadays, theyve been on coke since the 80's nobody wants to see a faggy joker who uses shit like ballons with water. The one from arkham turns into a shit cgi monster at the end and looks like a meth addict lmao. OG joker all day

Well according to another interview, he loved the role and really wants to be the villain in the Batfleck movie, but he's just pissed off about getting removed from Suicide Squad. And yeah, you're right, he does have every right to be ticked off.

>Arkham Games
Opinion immediately discarded.

Batman taking on gangstas or drug kingpins would be kino. If u don't believe me watch the town

>Wow, the Joker does crazy, irrational things, who would have thought?

Killing your business partner would be a stupid act, not irrational (woo kooky).

this is some high quality bait. I must commend you.

>being this autistic

It's not bait. Stop being a Sup Forumsv/irgin manchild pls

>Read up on the rumored cut scenes.
>Originally Joker was supposed to push Harley out of the helicopter out of spite.

God fucking piss shit dammit.

They really completely butchered this movie because they thought it was too dark didn't they? They really cut a bunch of Joker shit because he was too abusive.

Fuck, it makes too much sense, and the movie makes too little.

Worst. He looked terrible, and had the least impact. I dont want to see him in any future movies

>what comic
>clearly said comics

That's what happens when critics and MCUcks bitch and whine about how movies should be "fun and cheerful"

>biting the hand that feeds you
give them an inch and they take a mile. shaking my head family.

He's no Mark Hamill, that's for sure.

fucking this all the way. nobody will outplay him as the joker because he IS the joker.

What do you mean not irrational? It was completely irrational, it was without reason, and he does that kind of shit all the time. He's not reliable. And if you think you're going to be partners with him in any area, you're an idiot, because he's guaranteed to hurt you in some way, and he's killed people over incredibly minor things, while letting other people live when you'd think he would have killed them. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

I actually really want this. My hope is that it goes a Red Hood route with gang warfare. They keep teasing that Joker killed Robin in these, I think that's the road they're heading towards.

youtube.com/watch?v=2WBheebFpps&t=0s
I'M FUCKED UP

Just ok is still the worst because every other live action Joker is amazing

I fucking hated his laugh

This, now that I think about it. It's usually a role they put a lot more care into about who plays it, and how they get them to play it. This Joker, he didn't eve have a good laugh. Different actors have different interpretations of the Joker laugh, but never one tat I actually thought "that sucks" before now. And his voice quality and intonation sounded most like a stupid version of what Ledger came up with for TDK. In spite of all the stupid shit he did to his castmates, I didn't feel like he dug deep for the character at all.

>It was completely irrational, it was without reason

Joker kills Common out of spite after he looks Harley up and down like a jealous little boyfriend.

Then you didn't watch the movie. Harley's the one hitting on him, and he's clearly trying to avoid her because he knows she's his girl, and obviously doing anything would get him in trouble. Joker kills him anyway.

Harley tattooed him. Or so they say.

>Harley's the one hitting on him

...did you miss Joker calling her over and pushing her on Common?

Holy shit, I made fun of the fucks that said people were too stupid to get BvS but maybe they were onto something.

Seriously, it's the simplest scene ever.
>Common eyes Harley
>"yo J you gotta a bad bitch over there"
>"come to daddy"
>baits Common with premium pussy
>Common shits his pants 1 second later
>"I-I don't want no beef"
>gets shot anyway

This. Decent desu. If he had more of a back story or caused some carnage it may have been better but the movie didn't focus on him so he was more of a foot note. Hopefully he has more on screen time later on.

WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST
WORST
>WORST

I think that's part of why they cut his scenes. It would be a good idea to not overexpose him too early.