I don't get it...

I don't get it. This got trashed by Critics like it was the worst thing to come out since Pluto Nash but in reality it's at least an 8/10 film. Very nice contrast to Marvel movies in that it takes itself a bit more seriously with a great cast. Not only that, there has not been better action portrayed in any capes hit film than both Mos and BvS. Why do people act like it's an abomination with no redeeming qualities?

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

Stop spamming this you mental fucking midget

Liberal nu-male dominated media. BvS was redpilled as fuck

T R I G G E R E D

I didn't like that every scene took place in a dark room. Even the shots outside in broad daylight with no clouds were dark as fuck.

>SJW bloggers with an agenda

Zack Snyder is an unapologetic objectivist and that just doesn't fly in the current year

Dude hyperbole lmao

I honestly thought it was good as well.
However, I'm not a fag that reads the comics or watches the cartoons so maybe I don't "geek out" on Marvel enough. I actually did think the movie was pretty redpilled. However, I just can't stand that little twerp Jesse Eisenburg. Little fucking jew.

It was too smart for the average audience.

I just got back from seeing it and the only redeeming factor was Margot Robbie's body. If I hadn't seen it with people, I would have walked out and I even thought BvS was great.

>Pacing issues
>Eisenberg's unbearable scenery-chewing
>The main event is a result of a poorly-contrived misunderstanding, also Superman being a retard
>long-ass fight with a generic monster tacked on at the end
>lame-duck teasing of an extended cinematic universe in an already overlong movie
>tone could stand to have been lightened a tad

With that said, I do like how visceral and cathartic Snyder's fight scenes are. The Batman warehouse fight is great. Most of the Superman fights are boring bullshit, but I won't pretend there isn't a small part of me that quite likes when they land those few hits that feel like they have real impact.

Now that the dust has settled, ultimately this.

This is the brightest scene in the movie. Notice the two colors

You'd never walk out of a movie stop trying to sound cool.

>Not only that, there has not been better action portrayed in any capes hit film than both Mos and BvS.
What action? It had a generic boring as fuck cgi action that you can find in any dumb blockbuster.

What was smart about it?

You're right dude. You know me well enough to say that. Ya got me.

i'd give it a 7.89/10 if it weren't for the 3rd generic cgi doomsday act. what the fuck were they thinking

That it has you still fucking talking about it, genius.

The third act was phenomenal. Were you honestly not entertained?

you see, the most disappointing thing was the scenes in the trailers of batman doing spec ops missions and superman soldiers were just a fucking dream. it was interesting and everybody was curious about what kind of story zack snyder was going to tell but no it was just le dream xd

It was Justice League teasing. They just wanted to crowbar Wonder Woman in and have the three team up to fight something.

They should have given Superman something to do while Batman was saving Martha, and have it end with them catching Lex after the "I'd rather do the breaking in person" bit.

>Really shitty, averaging percent system that doesn't actually work
>Makes rating scales out of 10 completely useless
>Shit like 5 means thumbs down, 6 means thumbs up despite being right close to each other

Rotten Tomatoes should not be used as the way to represent the quality of a movie. It has too many flaws. Rating scales out of 10 also have too many flaws as is, like with every number after 5 being completely worthless, but Rotten Tomatoes turns an already flawed system into a thumbs up, thumbs down system that isn't even like Roger Ebert's personal opinion

Comparing the two like this doesn't mean anything when both are average, mediocre piles of shit

Controversial and divisive are not the same as intelligent

MARTHA.

8/10 ROFL, did you mean 0?
It's not entertaining, the action has 0 stakes, the pacing was the worst, I fucking enjoyed Batman Forever and Robin more, Doomsday is a cave troll, Batman vs Superman is meaningless because they already show them getting along in the trailer against the cave troll, MUMARTHA is the most retarded scene ever, the death of superman is meaningless if he can't die OH LOOK THE BOX LID MOVED, I walked out of the theatre the most pissed off I'd ever been and I was determined to like it despite the critics, I will never pay for a snyder or dc movie with bad reviews ever again, they will never disappoint me like this again. Fuck you and every other troll that keeps shilling this movie for laughs or seriously.

Because even with the ultimate cut its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

I still don't understand how Superman couldn't just instantly blow through the warehouse, save Martha very easily then fly back to Lex on his building while he just stands there going "Shit, I forgot the whole super powers thing!"

At least throw some kryptonite around her so there was more justification for having Batman do it.

Snyder doesn't know how to do proper Superman fights that have tension.

When Superman fought Batman you could see that Batman was steadily running out of armour and gadgets, so it kind of worked. However, it all goes to shit when you introduce villains that have powers that genuinely match Superman's, because they never appear to suffer permanent damage from the beatings and the point at which there is a winner seems completely arbitrary.

After Man of Steel, we really didn't need another huge spectacle of indestructible CGI men knocking each other into buildings. It feels like the lacklustre fights from the Matrix sequels, and is a waste of damn time.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

Superman tries to explain the situation to Batman ONCE and then gives up and doesn't talk again until after their fight.

The location of Martha was the only thing keeping Lex alive, and he didn't even know it. Superman should have just smashed Lex's face in, flown over and made a truce with Batman, and then worked together to find her.

If I remember correctly, only Batman can find out where Martha is being kept, because Alfred tracked the Russian henchman's phone.

How Superman knew this and why he didn't help Batman to rescue her is anyone's guess.

Can't wait to see Suicide Squad, Armond's seal of approval is enough for me

Reminder that they made Lex Luthor like Heath Ledger's Joker's disappointing loser nephew

But he was able to find Lois after she got pushed off the building to swoop in to save her right after Lex pushed her. So Superman was just being a dick waiting for Lex to throw her off. Superman can also fly around the world in seconds with x-ray vision and super hearing so I still don't know how he couldn't find her.

Am I being baited here?

>watching trailers

There's your problem

It was pretty clear from those trailers that those would be dream sequences and/or premonitions. You think they'd have Superman go full nazi in only his second movie?

>replying to pasta

wew

i hate marvel movies more than dc movies, but i couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of BvS. such a bad directing.

DC's mistake was trying to output the same amount of movies as marvel. it will just make you fall to their level, where they are more experienced.

>Damn kids and their funny picture books!

How so much is conveyed through visuals rather than dumb exposition.

So I understand that Luthor guessed Batman would win the fight, because he knew Batman had stolen the kryptonite. And I also understand that Doomsday was created in case Superman beat the odds and killed Batman.

If Batman failed and Doomsday won, how was Luthor planning on dealing with Doomsday?

Use comma's instead of periods, bro.

>takes itself a bit more seriously
Nigger that Lex Luthor was straight outta Marvelflicks.

He is literally just saying its 2Deep4u, read this shit over before you deem it irrefutable

Just like killing him off, right?

this.

Darkseid would clean everything up.

false

>8/10

It's a 6.5/10, like MoS. It's "good"

Uhh, no. What villain was anyway similar to the Marvel flick villains.

>Luthor guessed Batman would win the fight
>Superman only needed a few extra seconds to say "Hey Batman, he got my mom, Martha Kent"
>Oh, so I guess it was Lex that was behind everything!

He also sets up this elaborate and long plan to manipulate Batman into wanting to fight Superman and making Superman fly to Gotham to fight then suddenly decides he will use this unknown creation he recently came up with to kill Superman but is surprised that Superman is still alive and that Batman isn't dead but if Superman did die he just releases this kyptonian ape in the wild that nobody can kill to...rule the world I think?

I think he means in that Luthor is a cartoon character in a film where all the other characters are played low-key and subtle.

Also, Marvel villains all ultimately have childish issues underlying their motivations. Luthor in this film is basically a "butthurt nerd", which is pathetic when you consider characterisations like General Zod in Man of Steel.

Same here. I was yawning throughout the whole fight. Still, better than the entire marvel slate

I thought he was a "genius" with daddy issues?

I'm still not 100% sure why Luther hated Superman so much. Sure, he gives the "Devils in the sky!" speech but that doesn't really work with his character shown to be some tech nerd that believes in hard science and doesn't show to be religious in the slightest.

Wasted potential. It could be the first movie with serious take on superheroes. The source material is great. They could do so many things with it. But no they decided to went in the middle. Some characters are simply dumb and out of place(Luthor). The entire conflict is too simple without the depth to it. At the same time characters of batman and superman are dark and gritty for no purpose. If they are serious the entire film should be in the drama like fashion, but there are only some serious pieces of a movie and large chunks of classic capeshitness, like Big monster to kill at the end or

I honestly don't know, OP. It's kind of sad.

No critic should insert their useless political beliefs into a review, they show a misunderstanding of what story telling is

He doesn't believe the vast majority of things he says. It's all just to get people to do what he wants them to, to give him whatever he wants.

What he wants from Superman is the Batman's head. Here's a hint why he wants it. Lex had a scheme. He just didn't tell it to anyone. The audience gets all the clues we need, though.

Its a 6.5 - 7/10 at best.

Kino at its best. Truly a riveting tale about men in tight suits with highly toned muscles. Plot was delicious, like well boiled turkey leg with lemons on the side. Action was magnificient creamy cake with a little cherry on the top. And the actors poured their souls and fluids to the cauldron that was this kino.
I have never experienced anything like that in my life.

Third act was shit

Reminder that contrarianism is as invalid as mindlessly following popular trends, but more pathetic.

>The white man must die for the jew and muslim
>Redpilled

The white man in this case is an alien who the "Muslim" views as a potential threat, and he's willing to do anything to wipe him out, up to including torture and warfare.

Notice how often Superman's mute in this movie? It's a stand-in for the "muteness" of the mainstream Muslim community. Their silence too, speaks volumes, as well as their inaction, but you can't very well just have Superman stand around and do nothing, so instead they show him trying to let his actions speak for him.

Interpreted in this context, the resolution of the conflict between the the two principals makes even more sense, as it's a statement on how little dialogue it takes to humanize your enemy.

Lex, meanwhile, just uses his power, wealth, and influence to produce another boogeyman for the world to fear.

Really makes you think.

I prefer Angry Birds over Batman V. Superman for right wing propaganda

At least that movie's intentionally funny

>Implying that isn't red-pilled

The fact that you're even asking this question means it's above your head. I could answer in the form of text but it's pointless. It's easier to just say get some life experience, read about the world around you, grow up a little bit, and then watch it again.